Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "humberfan"

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that I will re-read on many occassions written by a very clever author., 3 Aug 2014
This is one of my favourite books of all time. The historic references are superb. I couldn't get over how clever the author was. It left me feeling so sad for those older people who are treated almost like children in their last years. Their remarkable lives and memories can be forgotten and lost forever. This is a book that I will re-read many times and still marvel at the authors creation - the amazing old man who met many great leaders in his youth and by chance became wanted at 100 years old after taking a suitcase that wasn't his.

Immortal: An Immortal Unbound Novel
Immortal: An Immortal Unbound Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars The author created such tangible characters that I feel I really know them. When the book ended, I missed them immediately., 3 Aug 2014
I have just finished reading this book and have been left in a grief filled abyss. I am so going to miss Ari, Cain, Kol and Phil. I have just known them for a short time but the author created such tangible characters that I feel I really know them. It only took me a few chapters to be totally hooked and thrown into the human world from a Super naturals perspective. How Miranda Rhodes explained the beginnings of the super natural races was believable and intriguing. I really hope there is a book two soon. I need more!

First 1000 Words in Arabic (Usborne First 1000 Words)
First 1000 Words in Arabic (Usborne First 1000 Words)
by Heather Amery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Learning Arabic, 11 Mar 2005
I bought this for my seven year old daughter who has really enjoyed it. The book is very clear and fun to use. Any adult learning Arabic would also find this book useful. Each picture has the arabic word written underneath plus the transliteration so you can say the word even if you cannot read arabic. A great way to learn!! Reminds me of Richard Scarry's style with bold, fun pictures and words.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2011 7:06 PM BST

Time for Bed, Little Tiger
Time for Bed, Little Tiger
by Julie Sykes
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Tiger finds lots of reasons not to go to bed!!, 24 Jan 2002
This is a lovely small persons book made from tough pages which is perfect for the young child to hold themself. The 'lift the flap'aspect is brilliant. They are easy to open and shut well afterwards so the picture underneath is always a suprise.Little Tiger would rather run off to play than go to bed and is not happy to go to bed while his sister is still awake.He needs water and a story before he drifts into a peaceful sleep.A wonderful book for a small baby who can point to Little Tiger up to school age child who can recogonise the words from page to page.In a word, fantastic.