Profile for Mrs. Susan E. Wells > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Susan E. ...

Mrs. Susan E. Wells "Toomanybookstoo littletime" (Shropshire)

Six Degrees: Our Future On A Hotter Planet
Six Degrees: Our Future On A Hotter Planet
by Mark Lynas

1.0 out of 5 stars BAFFLED, 17 Jun. 2008
One thing baffles me about this book by an evangelical warmista - and I wish Lynas would answer. He has not addressed one simple proven fact... that in the last 10 years the globe has been cooling quite markedly at a time when carbon emissions have never been higher. How does he square this with his alarmist views ? The fact is that a very great many reputable scientists the world over question whether anything we do has any effect on our climate - though clearly we pollute our environment and destroy the habitat for other creatures; but that is a different issue. The globe has warmed and cooled, warmed and cooled, for many billions of years and our climate has changed and will continue to change regardless of these tiny specks called humans.
Global warming was until around 2,000, since when the globe has been cooling. Will it warm up again ? Who knows ? There are only computer projections and we know those cannot not even get the long range weather forecast right for the British Isles
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2009 1:51 PM GMT

Trixie 4321 De Luxe Lounging Hammock Plush 45 x 24 x 31 cm Off White
Trixie 4321 De Luxe Lounging Hammock Plush 45 x 24 x 31 cm Off White

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT IMPRESSED, 2 Jan. 2008
This seems like a good idea. But it arrives with no instructions as to how to fit and it is not obvious. Ours actually came with a broken zip too because the zip is flimsy. Altogether not a good buy.

How Small Groups Can Raise Big Funds
How Small Groups Can Raise Big Funds
by Jessica Ruston

5.0 out of 5 stars A REALLY REALLY USEFUL BOOK, 30 Oct. 2007
If you have ever done fund raising, especially for a small and lesser-known group or charity and have struggled to come up with new ideas - not just the same old coffee morning/jumble sale - you could have done with this book. It presents a load of new ideas and suggestions for fund raising many of which are really original and it also has useful sections about legal stuff, contacts etc. I found one of the most helpful bits were tips from well known people who fund raise or are approached to give money or items - how NOT to get something out somebody as well as how best to approach celebs. I have bought several copies to give to friends who are involved in regular fund-raising and I think it will become a Bible for them. Major charities could learn a thing or two as well but this is most useful for the school PTA or scout group or other local group with a finite object.

Panda Platinum Internet Security Suite 2005 (PC)
Panda Platinum Internet Security Suite 2005 (PC)
Offered by momox co uk

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR SUPPORT, TOO MANY GLITCHES, 17 Aug. 2005
After having problems with Norton, I was persuaded by friends who use it to install PANDA.. since when I have had nothing but problem after problem, with zilch technical support... in desperation, I uninstalled it and re-installed Norton.. not perfect but no glitches and support is very good. Panda is all mouth and no trousers.. be warned !