Profile for Jane > Reviews

Content by Jane

Jane

As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Police Procedural, 4 Jun. 2014
First time I'd read anything by this author and I have to say for a freebie it was excellent. As another reviewer has said it's great to have a detective with common sense and, as yet no 'issues'!!! Don't know the first thing about climbing but it didn't put me off. Got to be good because I didn't guess who the 'baddie' was! Not like me at all. I'll definitely be reading the other books with this detective.

Fire in the Blood: A whisky barrel hides family secrets (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another good story, 15 Oct. 2013
I'm really enjoying these stories but my main gripe is DI Bain: no way would a DI speak to people the way he speaks to people without getting into serious trouble (at least he would here though I'm not so sure about what is allowed in Scotland!). There's banter and there's abuse and he definitely verbally abuses the junior members of his team. Thats the only thing that irritates me about these books. The stories are really good - I'm only a third of the way through this current one but the story is really well told. The main character, DC Cullen is starting to come into his own and refuses to take any nonsense from the DI. He actually listens to what witnesses and other people are saying to him and digests every piece of information and thinks about where they might fit into the picture overall - if at all. I would definitely recommend these books...

Ghost in the Machine: A serial killer detective thriller (DC Scott Cullen Crime Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant First Novel, 15 Oct. 2013
I got this as a freebie on my kindle and I'm so glad I did. Really enjoyed the book - in fact I'm now on the third one! I really feel for the young DC who, it's clear from the outset, only wants to do the best that he can. His DI however is a different kettle of fish entirely - he just shouts and swears at everyone - not a very nice man. He obviously does this to hide his own inadequacies. The story is a really good one - for a debut novel. I would highly reccomend this book to anyone who likes a good crime story/police procedural.
Ghost in the Machine (Scott Cullen Mysteries)

A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)
A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Read, 30 May 2013
Was pleasantly surprised by this book. Sometimes you just don't know with a freebie book but this was thoroughly enjoyable. I've recommended it to friends who have a similar taste in books. The story was well written and the characters developed very well as you went along. I'll definitely be buying more by this author.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2013 7:28 PM BST

The Birdwatchers (An MP-5 CIA Series Thriller Book 6)
The Birdwatchers (An MP-5 CIA Series Thriller Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Read, 23 Feb. 2013
I have now read all of the MP-5 CIA Thriller books and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. I do however get the feeling that the author is a fan of the TV Series NCIS Los Angeles because the characters in the books do resemble the characters in the TV Series. Thats not a bad thing and it certainly didn't spoil my enjoyment of the books. They are what I would describe as a 'high octane' read and the reader definitely gets caught up in the teams adventures. What I want to know is - when the next one coming out?