Profile for Mrs. P. Brown > Reviews

Content by Mrs. P. Brown

Mrs. P. Brown "Philippa" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Burnie's Hill: A Traditional Rhyme
Burnie's Hill: A Traditional Rhyme
by Erik Blegvad
Edition: Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Memories, 26 Jan 2014
When my eldest daughter was about 4 (she's now 32) she loved this book and could recite the text without a wrong word anywhere. It was lovely. The copy we had has been mislaid with time and house moves, so I am delighted to have another copy. It has obviously been read by many other children which is somehow so much more special than having a brand new copy.

CJ Wooden Peanut Butter Holder
CJ Wooden Peanut Butter Holder
Offered by National Science Plan Suppliers

4.0 out of 5 stars The Idea is Great, 26 Jan 2014
Received this item without the jar of peanut butter so I contacted the seller who said they would send out a jar a.s.a.p. This duly arrived and the feeder is set up for the birds. As yet none of the garden birds has tried it, but I'm hoping ......

The Winter Guest [DVD]
The Winter Guest [DVD]
Dvd ~ Phyllida Law

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Film, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Winter Guest [DVD] (DVD)
This film is very atmospheric and gives an excellent portrayal of a relationship (strained) between a mother and daughter. It is filmed in remote Scotland so has beautiful scenery - if a little grey.

A Cool Head (Quick Reads)
A Cool Head (Quick Reads)

2.0 out of 5 stars First Read, 18 Nov 2013
I had never read any of Ian Rankin's books, but as I like 'who dunnits' I thought I would try one. I,found him difficult to read, but I am not saying others shouldn't read his books. This is a personal review and not to be taken as a negative one.

Goodnight Children Everywhere
Goodnight Children Everywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Nostalgia, 18 Nov 2013
What a wonderful collection of songs for all of us who remember them - and for those who have never heard them before.

Chef'n Emulstir Salad Dressing Mixer
Chef'n Emulstir Salad Dressing Mixer
Offered by DesignLeben „Prices incl. Vat“

1.0 out of 5 stars Second review - and no better than the first, 18 Nov 2013
We have given up using this. It is messy, has a very small, easily mislaid cap for the spout and feels as if it is going to break every time the dressing is 'whisked'

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Nov 2013
Having been to Lewis and Harris this summer, I felt obliged to read something set on the islands. This is the first of a trilogy. I thoroughly enjoyed every page - and could picture where it was taking place. I also have the next two books which I will be reading very soon.

Start Over Again
Start Over Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Hope, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Start Over Again (Kindle Edition)
Emily has been through so much - and continues to do so - but she has made a life for herself and sings beautifully. This book is very emotional, sad but full of hope .... Emily has shown enormous courage to put her life in a book.

Fantasia
Fantasia
Offered by Naxos Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Music from Fantasia, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Fantasia (Audio CD)
Just as it says in the blurb. As I was able to download this, I have listened to it. It was actually bought for my teenage step-daughter for Christmas - she loves everything Disney and this way she gets to listen to some classical music as well as the 'noise' she normally to.

Today I Will: A Year of Quotes, Notes, and Promises to Myself
Today I Will: A Year of Quotes, Notes, and Promises to Myself
by Eileen Spinelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Super Quotes, 16 Nov 2013
I would rather this book was no set by date and that it was just a book of 'I Will' quotes. However, it is a very good book to dip into every now and again - it really makes you think.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4