Profile for orione16 > Reviews

Variations
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Variations - most definitely!, 11 Nov 2003
This review is from: Variations (Audio CD)
This album is amazing. A true showing of what classical music should sound like. There's a bias that all classical music is boring and just for old people. Well, I'm not old and the music featured on Variations touched me. Some of the tracks literally gave me goosebumps. I say that if anyone wants to listen to some music that can exhilarate you and make you feel such depths of emotion that it takes your breath away, listen to Webber's collection of tracks. Guaranteed to make you think differently about classical music.

Ember from the Sun
Ember from the Sun
by Mark Canter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've read in a long time, 16 Sep 2003
I loved this book. Canter is an excellent author, and for a first offering, this is exceptional. Ember, his heroine, displays all the confused emotions you would expect her to - and more. She experiences what everyone does - confusion about her background and why she's here, insecurities about her own appearance and what people think of her. Except, Ember has more of a reason to think this, as she's so different. We can all see a piece of ourselves in her. This is because in a sense we all came from people like her. There is a lot of science mixed into it, but this just makes it more believeable. Many tensions are stirred up and there is evidence of the kind of racism that occurs in everyday life. So, all in all, this book is the recipe for a perfect read, and I hope that any other books Canter may produce will be up to this standard.

The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children)
The Shelters of Stone (Earth's Children)
by Jean M. Auel

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 16 Sep 2003
Although this is not the best of the books in the Earth's Children series, I think it is a good read. Auel's writing is full of emotion, and you can really connect with the characters. Sure, the plot's not full of adventure and excitement, but if that's all you want you shouldn't be reading it. It's a glimpse into a world that's long dead, and even if it's completely wrong, it still makes you think about what could have been, and I think that's very important.

Dark Angel: Series 1 [VHS] [2001]
Dark Angel: Series 1 [VHS] [2001]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel of the best sort, 16 Jun 2003
I thought that this would be something similar to Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel when I started to watch it, but I was pleasantly surprised! This is a kick-ass programme, with an ideal heroine. It features a startling representation of what the world could turn out like in the near future, and the idea of there being genetically modified people amongst us is fascinating. It takes science-fiction and reality, blends them together in a mix that would be thought to be risky at the least, and throws out a stunning group of people and a storyline to astound the viewer and make them think!