Profile for undersold > Reviews

Gods Behaving Badly
Gods Behaving Badly
by Marie Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a punt if you can buy a cheap edition, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Gods Behaving Badly (Hardcover)
The central conceit is unoriginal - I'm not a great lover of fantasy but even I can think of Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams and Thorne Smith writing similar works, and that's without Amazon making helpful hints such as Maria Aragon's "Deux ex Machina" which in its similar content and cover makes me wonder if comedy about classical gods in modern times is actually a new sub genre like pastel coloured chick-lit. And sadly I found the content is serviceable rather than inspiring or particularly amusing. I only came to this book after looking up the author when she was credited as co-writer of the very funny Warhorses of Letters on Radio 4 and I can only assume the jokes in that came from her co-author.

Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Fear and dread but a nice shirt, 30 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
Excellent value and so versatile. Only last week I placed it in my 12 year old son's bedroom having tippexed out the words "Big Brother" from his copy of 1984 and replacing them with "Paul Ross". He now lies awake at night in damp dread that Paul Ross is always watching him and at any moment will leap from the canvas and put a rat on his face. That'll teach him for ruining my wife's womb! Thanks Paul!!!