Profile for Em > Reviews

Em "marketing_babe" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab product!, 6 Mar 2008
I got my camera for Christmas as a package deal, the only thing it didn't come with was a carry case. I came onto amazon to look for an official Kodak case but couldn't seem to find one, I looked on other sites too but with no luck. I then came across this case by i-nique in different colours being a girly girl I was attracted to the pink, I debated whether to wait for an official case to come out but I wanted something to protect my lovely new camera! I puchased the pink case and I was really impressed with the product, although I did think it was slightly expensive, I considered the fact that i'd probably be paying a lot more for a kodak case. The case is a lovely shade of pink leather and the camera fits like a glove! Fab product and i-nique had obviously found a gap in the market, the only reason I did give a four is because of the price but if i'd had the option would have given this product a 4 and a half.

Charmed: Complete Season 2 [DVD]
Charmed: Complete Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shannen Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 9 Aug 2005
Being a massive fan of Charmed I must say how great these box sets are and on Amazon its even better because their nearly £20 cheaper than in the shops! I thought the first series was great but this one is even better (which you wouldn't think is possible), this series shows the girls adapting to being witches and their powers. There is also the whole love triangle between Leo, Piper and Dan, Daryl also comes on board to help the girls along their journey, features more of Leo and the opening of Pipers club P3 showing the difficulties up until its success. The last episode shows a small glimpse of life without Prue before she officially dies in series 4, the last episode is a fantastic end to series 2, which will help lead up to series 3 and will have you not wanting to wait, I know I can't! In this series the girls really have become closer and is much more humorous than the last, this DVD box set is definitely a must for all Charmed fans...

The Singles [2CD]
The Singles [2CD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 5 Aug 2005
This review is from: The Singles [2CD] (Audio CD)
This album is brilliant, there's songs on the album that I didn't even know was by Basement Jaxx but also the album is made up of old songs and new songs all of which are all upbeat and lively, with the limited edition CD you get an extra CD with remixed songs but to be honest it's not that great (although for a couple of extra pounds you might as well buy it). This is definitely an album to listen to if you like Baseman Jaxx music, its great to have an album that has some of their later music on as well as their current music, with classics such as Romeo, Bingo Bongo and Oh My Gosh. Some of the songs on the album I haven't actually heard before but they are still good songs, so its well worth the money.

Highland Fling
Highland Fling
by Katie Fforde

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic and humorous well worth reading!, 5 Aug 2005
This review is from: Highland Fling (Paperback)
This book made me laugh out loud on many occasions and has to be one of the best Katie Fforde books that I have read so far. It's definitely the funniest and most romantic of her books, I love the attraction between the lead characters, however, the book shows a complete conflict of interest when Jenny (the main character) finds herself taking the other side of the argument and turning against her boss. Jenny is a 'virtual assistant', which means someone could hire her to work for them without her having to meet her boss, which turns into a major issue towards the middle of the book. Katie Fforde explains Jenny's feelings perfectly in every situation, there are a lot of other things that happen within this book to make it entertaining and interesting and I already feel that I haven't done it much justice through my explanation, however, it is a very good book and I would recommend this book to people who like romance as well as humour and not just to those people out there that enjoy reading Katie Fforde books. Its definitely worth the read and even if I've ended up confusing people more than convincing them, trust me it's worth reading just to find out what happens at the end!

Fen
Fen
by Freya North

1.0 out of 5 stars A poor read, 5 Aug 2005
This review is from: Fen (Paperback)
After reading the back of this book, I thought that I would really enjoy this book, however, I found that in actual fact I was very disappointed. This is only my opinion but to me this book was very boring and I really had to force myself to read through to the end in case I missed an exciting part! But unfortunately, although from the back I thought this was definitely my sort of book, I was surprised to find that it actually wasn't. I did not like the way the storyline was written and I found the plot just... well simply confusing! I thought I may be able to give Freya another go but unfortunately I cannot even bring myself to read the back of any of her other books (that's how much this book bored me), if anyone asked me personally what I thought of this book I would definitely not recommend it. Sorry to offend any Freya North fans out there!

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2001]
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Laurence Fishburne
Offered by lightningdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best seasons of CSI, 5 Aug 2005
I actually did not start getting into CSI until the 3rd or 2nd series and completely missed the 1st season, however, when I first purchased season 1 I was pleasantly surprised that it was one of the best seasons that I have seen to date! The pilot episode was very original and I love the fact that you see some of the characters (victims) throughout the season for example, there is a prostitute who appears in several episodes and then Nick gets involved with her and its nice to see his caring side, even though he is known to be some what of a ladies man! The other CSI's also put in good performances with Sara showing a more sensitive side, Catherine having problems with her ex husband and the struggles of being a single mum with a demanding job and how several of the cases usually involving children affect her relationship with her daughter (over protective), also Warrick struggles with his gambling problem and Grissom showing a more sensitive side in a few of the episodes even though his moto is not to get involved and stick purely to science but you also see Grissom protecting his staff and building a relationship with them. I actually have never seen any of these episodes before on TV and found that all the episode storylines were very interesting to watch and of all the seasons this one really gives you an in-depth insight into each of the characters. The most important thing about this season though is the fact that I have watched them all over and over again and I'm still not bored! I must admit that some of the scenes can be a bit gory but it wouldn't be the same without a little bit of gore to make it realistic! This DVD is great for anyone that loves CSI or forensics and would also make an exceptional gift...

Charmed: Season 1 [DVD]
Charmed: Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Holly Marie Combs
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Aug 2005
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Since first watching Charmed on Channel 5, I have totally fallen in love with the series. Its one of the best shows with the most talented actors and actresses, you can identify with the characters and its nice to see in series one the progression from not so close sisters to them drawing closer towards the end and also going from not knowing they are witches, to knowing they are witches but not wanting to be to really understanding who they are and why they have been given those powers and having to work together as a team. Its a very entertaining show with romance that often goes wrong with the girls falling for guys that are either demons, whitelighters, ghosts or nice guys who they have to keep their secrets from but in general totally unsuitable but also falling out with each other as sisters often do. I actually missed this series when it was on TV as i didnt start to get into Charmed until series 3 and its nice to actually see how they got their powers and how they initially cope but also to see episodes that were missed on TV is great because you are always surprised about what the writers are going to think up next! I would definetly recommend this DVD series to anyone, its well worth the money!

The Waitress
The Waitress
by Melissa Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Aug 2005
This review is from: The Waitress (Paperback)
'The Waitress' is a very enjoyable read about love and often had me laughing aloud. I found that I had a lot in common with the main character, Katie, as it was very realistic to real life, I mean who knows what they want to do with life? Things in the book turn exciting towards the middle and the ending is quite surprising because you find yourself wanting something to happen but not thinking its going too with regards to the two main characters (may sound confusing but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't read the books!). This book also gives an insight into both sides of the story so you can see where the issues/misunderstandings are conflicted and have arisen and where they have got confused over time towards the characters, it also gives both sides of the misunderstanding and their feelings towards each other along with both a males and females perspective, which I like to read in a book. This book shows the misunderstandings that can go wrong in a relationship if they are not corrected straightaway, I was very surprised that I enjoyed this book as I have never read anything by Melissa Nathan before and the book does seem quite thick indicating it would take a long time to read! (But seriously once you start reading it you cant put it down). I will definitely be reading some of her other books and would recommend people to read this book as it is well worth the time and money!

Paradise House
Paradise House
by Erica James

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 2 Aug 2005
This review is from: Paradise House (Paperback)
'Paradise House' is a story about English village life, this book goes through the emotions of humour and sadness and also chucks in a bit of romance, this book draws you into the lives of the characters and shows the humour of a typical dysfunctional family. 'Paradise House' is very entertaining to read with a realistic insight into love's disappointments and triumphs. Well worth a read for people of any age who enjoy a good romance novel with humour.

Celebrity Sells (Business)
Celebrity Sells (Business)
by Hamish Pringle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Aug 2005
Being a marketing student, I found that this book was very good in giving an understanding into the use of celebrities in not only advertising but also in other aspects of the media and was interesting to read because it gave an insight into the influences that celebrities have on society including the fashion industry and branding. This book really helped with my dissertation and it would be helpful to anyone who is doing their individual project on the use of celebrities in society or maybe even an assignment of some sort, I imagine that it is not just marketing students that could benefit from this book but also anyone who is interested in advertising, communications or media. 'Celebrity sells' gives not just an insight into the influences of how celebrities help to shape society but also some useful facts and figures as well as magazine polls and I must say there was some areas of the book that gave me ideas that I had not thought about before undergoing my research! This book would not only be useful for students but also it is an interesting read in general, I was very impressed with this book and would definetly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2