Profile for Minty > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Logitech Notebook Riser N110 - 939-000096
Logitech Notebook Riser N110 - 939-000096

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 Jan 2011
This is a nicely made product and of decent quality. I'm not sure I'd pay 25 for it, but at [...] it was well worth it. It supports my other half's 17" Gateway laptop with no problems, and she uses it on the lowest (20 deg?) setting. It is very sturdy, doesn't slip about on the desk, there's plenty of air gap for the laptop to keep cool, and the rear 'leg' doesn't protrude past the back of the laptop (unlike some designs) so it can be pushed quite far back on the desk if required.

A riser like this should certainly reduce aches and pains when using a laptop on a desk for any length of time.

AMAZON KINDLE GREY NEOPRENE CARRY POUCH CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES
AMAZON KINDLE GREY NEOPRENE CARRY POUCH CASE BY CELLAPOD CASES
Offered by Cellapod
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good neoprene case but..., 2 Jan 2011
.. it is rather smelly!

I have a similar style case for my phone, so was glad to find a similar sensibly priced case for my Kindle too.

The case fits ok, but it a little loose - though the kindle can't come out when the flap is closed. It would probably protect against spills (though that's not claimed) and will certainly protect against bumps and scratches.

I don't mind a normal neoprene smell but this is quite bad it has to be said - perhaps I'll hang it outside for a week and see if that helps!

Over all, can't really complain for the price - it'll do the job I want of protecting the kindle when in a bag or being carried around.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2011 9:56 AM GMT

4-IN-1 Stylus, Laser, LED torch & Metal Ballpoint Pen
4-IN-1 Stylus, Laser, LED torch & Metal Ballpoint Pen
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)
Price: 9.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work ok, 1 Dec 2010
When I received this item the batteries were flat so I had to use the 'spare' set that came with it in the tin (which were ok). The seller cannot provide replacement batteries but after a little prompting did offer to refund the price of a new set which I was happy with.

The product itself is quite good, and will be useful for presentations. I also like the stylus nib which works well on my Palm OS phone (I am behind the times somewhat ;-)

However the two buttons are a little loose on my item, and also there doesn't appear to be any way to change the ink part of the pen, so when it runs out you're left with a 3-in-1 device I suspect! Something to be aware of if you're going to do much writing with it.

Update: This device seems to drain the batteries when not in use as my second set have now gone flat. I don't know if it is a design fault or just a fault with mine but it is worth bearing in mind that this could happen.

0.25m 25cm USB 2.0 A Male to A Female A-A Very Short Extension Cable Lead Wire
0.25m 25cm USB 2.0 A Male to A Female A-A Very Short Extension Cable Lead Wire
Offered by CDL Micro
Price: 2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a short USB cable.., 16 Nov 2010
.. and it works. What else do you need to know!? :-)

I used this to extend the USB socket from my JVC MiniNote laptop (precursor to the Netbook!) as the sockets are so close together that anything slightly wide like a USB stick or network adapter blocks the adjacent socket.

Works fine, doesn't take up much space, easy to store away. Very handy.

Krakow Berlitz PopOut Map (Berlitz PopOut Maps)
Krakow Berlitz PopOut Map (Berlitz PopOut Maps)
by Berlitz
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy pocket map, 16 Nov 2010
I've had 'popout' maps before and find them very useful as they're much quicker for taking a quick glance to see where you are rather than having to unfold a bigger map. The downside is of course that they can't cover such a large area.

I found this map very useful in Krakow this year, and had no problems using it to navigate. The only negative point is that the tram map on the back is a little hard to decipher. Mind you, many roads were being dug up in 2010 so the trams were often diverted anyway.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, it actually seems to work!, 6 Nov 2010
My front door rug creeps to one side due to the carpet pile underneath, my back door rug slides out from under your feet if you're not careful as the kitchen floor is smooth. I'd used 'gripper tape' previously but this only lasts for so long, and actually leaves quite a mess behind when it finally fails. Both the mats are the 'jml magic carpet' type with a smoothish rubber backing.

I was a bit dubious about this spray but decided to give it a go.

What can I say? 4 months on and the rugs are still where I last left them, it really does seem to work :-)

Sogatel - Blue USB Skype compatible VoIP internet phone (graphic blue lit LCD display)
Offered by premier-express
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very nicely, 6 Nov 2010
Not wanting to use a headset, this phone gives a more normal phone experience when using skype. I didn't even bother with the CD in the box, instead I just downloaded the latest version of skype, and the latest version of skypemate from the sogatel website.

Installation was easy, and everything seems to work well. Call quality is excellent, in fact better than the DECT phones that I have at home.

The only little gripe is that you have to run skypemate to enable the phone to 'control' skype, but I'm pretty sure you don't need it to use the phone as a speaker/microphone (need to double check that). Simply select the USB audio devices in skype.

Note: I bought two phones, this one and the one with the blue screen. Whilst both have the same excellent sound quality, the blue-screen one feels a bit nicer to use, and looks better, so if I was buying again I'd probably pay a little more and get that one. That said, I'm more than happy with this one too!

Sogatel - USB Skype certified VoIP internet phone Graphic blue lit LCD display - Windows 7, Vista, XP
Offered by premier-express
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very nicely, 5 Nov 2010

Installation was easy, and everything seems to work well. Call quality is excellent, in fact better than the DECT phones that I have at home! I'd definitely buy again.

De'Longhi ICM2B 10-Cup Filter Coffee Maker
De'Longhi ICM2B 10-Cup Filter Coffee Maker

4.0 out of 5 stars I have had several of these over the years, 11 Oct 2010
This is about the 3rd one of these I have bought over the years, the latest one was to replace a cheap 7.99 machine that just started leaking everywhere.

I like the simplicity of this machine - there's no 'coffee strength' gubbins to complicate matters (why would you need it?). The carafe is of a decent thickness of glass, with a good size handle, and a reasonably large neck (important for cleaning). The unit works quite quickly, and keeps the coffee piping hot when it is on the hotplate.

Yes, this one suffered from the 'plastic smell' (though a previous one didn't). It was gone after two or three uses though, and now there's no discernable smell (apart from coffee!).

Bad points? I find the gap where the water pours in a little narrow for my liking, but this is a constraint of the design. Also, I don't like the fact that the on/off switch is 'the wrong way around' anthough it does have a red led to show that it is on. So, minor niggles really!

All in all these machines feel like a step up from the bargain basement section of the coffee machine market. They're not commercial grade by any stretch of the imagination but work very well in the home in my experience.

LUPO Iphone / Ipod / MP3 Car Stereo 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack AUX-IN Input Cable (1m Long)
Offered by LUPO STORE
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job fine, 11 Oct 2010
I bought this to connect an MP3 player to the aux-input in my car. It does the job very well, isn't too long and the connectors are nice and small so don't stick out too far. Sound quality seems fine to me as well. The connectors are a good firm fit in the socket too, not loose like some of the cheaper cables I tried previously.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5