Profile for JohnY > Reviews

JohnY "JohnY" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Longridge Eze Ball Pickup
Longridge Eze Ball Pickup
Offered by Mestall(Ship from HongKong)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's alright but...., 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Longridge Eze Ball Pickup (Sports)
Even thought it feels and looks flimsy, it works, I'll say that for it.

However, the fitting of it to the putter head could be made easier and it's a bit of a nightmare to get it to lie correctly. In fact I didn't quite manage that so its a little bit crooked on mine, not much, but irritating none the less. That's why I've docked it on star

One great thing is, when you're putting it's not a great heavy bulk on top of your handle. And I must say, it picks the ball out of the hole nicely without having to chase it round which frequently happens with the rubber cup ones. It also closes easily and quickly once you get the knack.

Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Wine Purple  [will only fit Kindle (5th Generation)]
Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Wine Purple [will only fit Kindle (5th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct. 2013
Very good quality and works well A bit dear though. I suppose that's what you pay for quality so it was worth it.

Mizuno Webbing Belt Mens - Royal/Platinum
Mizuno Webbing Belt Mens - Royal/Platinum
Offered by Golf with Jeff and Ellie

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad, bad, bad!, 28 Sept. 2013
It gets two stars only because the webbing and buckle quality are actually quite good.

However, it is five times more expensive than other similar products on the market and fastening the buckle is a nightmare.

In other words its a rip-off.

Judge Digital Bread Maker - JEA43
Judge Digital Bread Maker - JEA43
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Revised rating, 28 Sept. 2013
When I first rated this product I docked it a star for not including a recipe book.

As it turns out, I'm thinking that was harsh because after several breadmakers over many years, I've found this makes the best bread of all. What I particularly like is that it not only cooks the bread to the colour desired (and most don't) but that colour is maintained over the whole loaf, so the top is not the normal much paler colour than the bottom.

Its such a reliable and excellent product the I'm rating it now at five stars plus, but minus the plus due to the lak of the recipe book!

VonShef Bread Maker - Discontinued by Manufacturer
VonShef Bread Maker - Discontinued by Manufacturer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but...., 17 Aug. 2013
Just made our first loaf with this replacement breadmaker for our old one of a different make.

It's fine, but my goodness am I glad I put it on to the darkest setting! It is ok, but by no means is it dark! The top is a nice colour but off white would better describe it. However the bottom and sides are a nice medium brown and crispy enough.

The guide is pretty hopeless and seems to be a translation from Japanese, or some such, and for ordinary bread, quite unhealthy with an excess of sugar and fats.

I've docked it a star for these shortcomings. For those who like to experiment though its wonderful I would think with so much that can be done with it. Excellent value from Amazon too.

Mens Plain Webbing Canvas Belt 42 - 52 Inch 5 Colours
Mens Plain Webbing Canvas Belt 42 - 52 Inch 5 Colours
Price: £2.50 - £3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort is the key, 17 Aug. 2013
This belt is not dressy but it is practical, very very comfortable and so easy to buckle up. Far superior to the more expensive makes that have that stupid slider arrangement.

It is very cheap, and for that I forgive the supplier for charging postage and packing on each of the three I bought and then sending them all in one parcel.

I'm now about to order a few more.

John

18.8.2013. The supplier, without prompting, has now sent me a proportional refund for the postage and packing which I certainly didn't expect and is a gesture which I think is really impressive in this day and age.

Transcend 32GB JetFlash 600 Endurance USB Drive [Frustration-Free Packaging]
Transcend 32GB JetFlash 600 Endurance USB Drive [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars A satisfied Transcend customer, 24 July 2013
I've used Transcend for ages and never had a problem so had no hesitation in buying this 32 GB Drive.

I use them for back-ups of particular items. In this case it was for a program packed in a total of 31 GB zips.

Storage space is limited for me, so I try to keep the number of DL discs and their cases down especially as in this case the extra cost was justified.

Recording speed was probably a bit faster too.

John

LUPO SDHC SD USB 2.0 Memory Card Stick Reader Adapter Writer (Supports Windows & Mac)
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 19 Jun. 2013
This is the second one I've bought. This one for my son. Its far better to use than attaching wires to the camera. Being so small it takes up no space at all in the bag so its easy to plug into any computer USB when travelling.

Dunlop Right Handed Tour Leather Golf Glove White Small
Dunlop Right Handed Tour Leather Golf Glove White Small
Offered by Sports Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous leather golf glove, 13 Jun. 2013
I know from experience that these are excellent gloves which I've used for years. For leather, they last a good long time and even when worn through never get stiff and crusty so they always provide a 'grip'.

Excellent value too.

However, anyone contemplating a purchase should be very careful to get the correct hand as there is a doubt, mainly caused by Dunlop's packaging, which shows a picture on the front of the envelope containing the glove for a right handed golfer whether the actual glove inside is for a right handed golfer or a left handed one.

Dunlop Right Hand Tour All Weather Golf Glove White Small
Dunlop Right Hand Tour All Weather Golf Glove White Small
Offered by Homestore2204

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 13 Jun. 2013
This glove is definitely good value. I'm not sure how 'grippy' it will be when it's really wet.

However, the one star is docked because of this doubt and Dunlop's packaging. The picture on the front is for a right handed golfer whereas the glove fits on the right hand for a left handed golfer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6