Profile for dd > Reviews

Content by dd

dd

Delphi Complete Works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Illustrated)
Price: 1.92

4.0 out of 5 stars I want to give it five - may be I'm pedantic..., 2 Feb 2013
This really is an excellent collection of the works of Conan Doyle. It is indexed very well and you can jump easily between short stories, collections etc. on your kindle. The illustrations are clear and crisp (I own a kindle paper white).
The previous reviews echo my thoughts on Conon Doyle's work - outstanding, superlative reading, completely enjoyable, which I would award with no hesitation five stars.
The reason I have awarded this kindle edition four stars: after downloading the edition and opening it on my kindle paper white I noticed that it doesn't display the time left in the chapter, it does however display the time left in the book and the location. For me this was a disappointment as it's one of the thinks I love about the functionality of my paper white. When reading the short stories on other kindle editions, knowing how long it would take to read the story was very useful to me!
All in all I would recommend this collection, if like me you're a lover of Conon Doyle's work.

The New World of Mr Tompkins: George Gamow's Classic Mr Tompkins in Paperback
The New World of Mr Tompkins: George Gamow's Classic Mr Tompkins in Paperback
by George Gamow
Price: 20.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one interested in Physics should read this book!, 6 May 2012
I had read the original both in paperback and on the kindle once it was released, I love the book! The way Gamow explains difficult concepts in such an illustrated way is excellent. I am a Physics teacher and wanted to read sections of the book to my class as an introduction to Special Relativity. I read various reviews, but final decided to purchases the more up-to-date version. I have to say it is very similar, but the author has done well in modernising the story without loosing its charm. All in all it's a must read for anyone interested or studying Physics. It is one of the greats!

Excellent service as usual from amazon, ordered it and it arrived the next day! And one final note - my A-Level Physicists are hooked!

Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 (Family Pack)
Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 (Family Pack)
Offered by Limestone
Price: 162.00

5.0 out of 5 stars As close as you'll get to Microsoft!, 1 Jan 2011
I have just purchased Office:mac 2011 for my iMac and Macbook pro and I can honestly say it's really superlative when compared to the other Office products for Mac uses. As I opened it up for the first time i was delighted to see, finally, the ribbon format used in the Mac version. If you need to use Office on your Mac then buy this product, it's the closest you're going to get to the PC version and compatibility is great!