ARRAY(0xadbfe5ac)

Profile for Mr. T. J. Taylor > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. J. Taylor

Mr. T. J. Taylor (Wormley, Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Steepletone Lancaster Nostalgia 5-in-1 Music System with CD Recording Function - Lightwood
Price: 259.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor poor quality, 13 Mar 2014
I have now had two of these delivered by Amazon, and both have arrived damaged. The first had a mist-attached lid hinge with screw holes burred out. The second arrived with the turntable arm and stylus in multiple pieces. I've not even had an opportunity to try the system out yet.

I asked for another to be delivered but it is not due for 6 to 8 weeks. I don't want to wait that long, but don't trust other suppliers enough to have an adequate and easy returns policy that doesn't involve me trekking to the post office on their behalf to return their shoddy goods. At least that is the big advantage of buying from Amazon, that the returns policy is exactly as it should be.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 4:05 PM GMT

Zip 30 Firelighters (Pack of 4)
Zip 30 Firelighters (Pack of 4)
Price: 8.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Burn baby burn, or don't, 17 Feb 2014
Really poor firelighters. They light, but not that easily, and when lit, they last about 5 minutes if that. Pretty poor really.

Chimney Cleaning Log for Real Fires
Chimney Cleaning Log for Real Fires
Offered by Fluesystems
Price: 16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor flammability, 17 Feb 2014
I tried two of these, each in a different open fire. Neither lit particularly well. They smouldered for quite a while with low level flames and lots of smoke and neither burnt through completely by the following morning. A small amount of clinker fell down the chimneys of its own accord, but not much. I ended up getting a chimney sweep out to make sure. Wouldn't buy again.

W4 Easy-Fit Breakaway Cable - Red
W4 Easy-Fit Breakaway Cable - Red
Price: 5.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy fit indeed, 17 Feb 2014
Very simply to use - just pass one end through a part of the tow bar on the towing vehicle and connect the carabiner back onto the breakaway cable do the same on the other end but attaching to the trailer, and that is it. Not sure how much protection it would give in preventing a runaway vehicle, but it makes you compliant with the law.

Swarfega Hand Cleaning Wipes
Swarfega Hand Cleaning Wipes
Price: 13.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean as a whistle, 17 Feb 2014
A friend showed me these and when I tried them I could barely believe how effective they were for removing almost anything.

WOMENS PASCAL PATENT BOOTS PURPLE UK 7 EUR 40 US 9
WOMENS PASCAL PATENT BOOTS PURPLE UK 7 EUR 40 US 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Polished performance, 17 Feb 2014
Daughter is very pleased with these, and so am I. Excellent patent polished finish in purple cherry colour. Very high quality boots as always with DMs.

Moisture Meter - Moisture Detector for wood, building materials (screed, concrete, wall) and other materials - With switch button to select material
Offered by cp-trade
Price: 25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Damp meter not a damp squib, 17 Feb 2014
I have to say this is an excellent piece of kit and great value for money. It is really easy to use - simply turn on, select whether you wish to test timber or bricks/masonry/plaster, push the tester gently into the wall and there is a button you can press to record the damp reading. On the rear is a table expressing what the damp level means.
I'm about to proceed with some rising damp repairs and wanted to double check what was needed myself.
Very pleased indeed.

Hypnia 10 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Single Size 3ft x 6ft3
Hypnia 10 inch Memory Foam Mattress, Single Size 3ft x 6ft3
Price: 143.82

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids love it, 16 Dec 2013
Memory foam isn't for me, but these are for my kids and they love them.

Mattresses arrive vacuum packed and when opened, they self inflate to their normal size.

Only problem I had was with Amazon's so called Prime delivery service, which was far from prime. One of the two mattresses arrived when it was supposed to (i.e. day after ordering). the second arrived 3 days late, by which time I wasn't at the delivery address to take delivery, so the courier left it next door. In the meantime, because it hadn't arrived, I contacted Amazon for a replacement, which they sent and which arrived several days late again. So I contacted Amazon to arrange collection of the now superfluous matter, and the courier didn't turn up on the day they were supposed to. Then they turned up a week late when I wasn't in, without any notice whatsoever. Then they turned up again without any notice whatsoever. When I phoned them to arrange a convenient collection time, they said they were expecting to collect 2 parcels, which of course I corrected them on.At the time of writing, the superfluous parcel has still not been collected.

JVL Log Basket Two Tone Willow 50 x 40 cm
JVL Log Basket Two Tone Willow 50 x 40 cm
Price: 18.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Size is everything, 16 Dec 2013
Great looking basket.

Great size for logs. Looks perfect in my modern house, and in my Victorian house. Might have to get another!

August DTA305 Amplified Freeview TV Aerial - Portable Antenna with Signal Booster for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio - With Dipole and Telescopic Antenna
Offered by Daffodil UK
Price: 22.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Must I give it one star?, 16 Dec 2013
Possibly the worst product I have purchased on Amazon ever.

I have two houses, both in strong Freeview and DAB reception areas. This aerial was for a PC with a built in TV tuner in my home office.

At no point was it possible to get a signal, even on maximum signal amplification, in any direction. To be sure it wasn't my PC, I took my PC to one of the main rooftop aerial points and plugged it in, and got reception no problem whatsoever. As oon as I switched back to this "aerial", the picture was gone.

Rubbish. You won't waste your money as you can get a refund from Amazon like I did, but you will waste your time if you order this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10