Profile for B T TONER > Reviews

Nuaire Drimaster With Heat - Condensation Ventilation Loft Unit
Nuaire Drimaster With Heat - Condensation Ventilation Loft Unit
Offered by i-sells

4.0 out of 5 stars Cured condensation instantly, 4 Feb. 2016
Really great. Worked on the first night - all the condensation was gone. It's a little louder than I'd hoped for but by no means a problem. I mean I can hear it if I listen out for it when the house is quiet.

I have the heater version and wired it so I can turn the heater off from a switch on the landing. Good for cutting the electricity usage when not at home for a few days

I also have a child with asthma who now sleeps much better. All his night time snoring and breathing difficulties have gone.

I measured the humidity at night. It went from 90% before installation to a steady 52% after.

Samsung Smart Home Camera: Full HD 1080P Outdoor/Indoor Camera
Samsung Smart Home Camera: Full HD 1080P Outdoor/Indoor Camera
Offered by Box Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cam with great features, quality and security and acceptable motion performance., 30 Aug. 2015
I bought this to install at my parents house. I needed something that could be installed and not tinkered with from an installation point of view. I had read the reviews and was aware of the issues that some people have had but given that every camera has issues of some sort I thought I'd give it a go.

In general, I got it working well and overcame some of the issues people have reported. I'll share my installation and setup experience to help others work out if they want this. I would use another on in the end, so the upshot is that with careful installation and setup, it can work out.

The one downfall (which I think would be the same with any camera) is the amount of motion triggered events. It is quite high.

So, I installed the camera unit on an outside wall. The physical installation of this is a good experience. The ball swivel bracket makes it easy to position on any wall. I mounted it under a concrete ledge to protect it from the elements a little (mainly direct hot sun). The network cable is long enough and was easy to get into the house through a small hole in the wall. Note that it comes with an RJ45 network connector already crimped onto the end so your hole will need to be big enough to pass that through unless you are prepared to cut and re-crimp the connector.

Mounting the main unit internally is also simple. I was able to position it close to a power socket and in a location of good network coverage. I used WiFi Analyser app on my Android phone to find the optimal location (highest signal strength) and placed the unit there.

The WiFi direct setup of the main unit went well. It all just worked. I didn't try any direct connection because I didn't have to.

The setup took a bit of experimenting and I found the same as many others which is that the motion sensitivity is very sensitive. I got the best result from setting the lowest sensitivity and then using all 3 motion zone settings to get the best result. With a single motion area there were too many false triggers. Shadows as the sun moves through the day or wind blows trees were causing triggers. I found that 3 motion areas set to monitor the main entrance and pathway through the garden works well. It does get triggered by the dog running about but then I would expect that to be normal. I don't think it is clear in the manuals, but it looks like the latest firmware records the clip before motion trigger (an internal buffer) so that you get a few seconds before the motion trigger which is useful.

The night vision is good once it is on but I did find that there is a small window of twighlight when it is too dark for the camera but the night vision has not come on. There is about a 30 minute period when it is not very effective. When the night vision is on, you can see the red ring of lights, making the presence of the camera obvious at night. I was ok with that though as the deterrent is good. The motion detection at night does get triggered a bit too much by bugs and flies which is a bit of a shame.

It is possible to overcome some of the false alarms by setting time periods for the motion activation. This is not available from the app but if you use the web browser control page then you get more options like this one. (Note, although you can connect directly to the camera's IP address, many of the settings do not work and the firmware version is incorrectly reported - don't use it).

The SD card goes into the main indoor unit so is secure and safe from an intruder removing the camera (although I was able to mount mine out of reach). You can set the card into loop mode so never need to perform clean up or maintenance as it overwrites the old clips.

The network in my parents house sometimes slows down or gets interrupted and this camera is a great solution as it records locally to the SD and even if you cannot access it when the network is down, you can come back later and see what is on the SD card.

I have left it for one month now and all seems fine. Great quality stream and what I would consider a reasonable motion detection capability. An improvement would be to filter the motion detection so you can specify the length of time an object must be moving in a scene would overcome all of the false positives. If Samsung can make that adjustment then this would get 5 *

Hope this helps some of you make a decision...

End of Competitive Advantage: How to Keep Your Strategy Moving as Fast as Your Business
by Rita Gunther McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing look into modern strategy, 16 Sept. 2013
It is well written and easy to pick up / put down which is needed in such a book. There is text that can be directly used in discussions where you are trying to sell the benefit of a new approach to strategy.