Profile for Tim > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BabyBjorn Highchair (White)
BabyBjorn Highchair (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the fact it's strap free, 26 May 2014
Still early days for our baby (she's only five months old) but we've been feeding her purees and she loves the chair; we love the chair. It's a little shorter than I expected, and the button to secure/release the tray is a little too hard to push. But these are minor criticisms - overall I love the fact it is strap free (our baby hates being strapped in) and seems all round well designed and easy to get on with.

It may be true that the seat is a little small for an older baby - time will tell. But I think even if that proves to be the case, I will still be happy with my purchase as it's so simple to use and looks so much better than other highchairs.

Canada Green Grass Seed, 500 Grams
Canada Green Grass Seed, 500 Grams

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 May 2014
I was expecting disappointment after nothing happened for 2 weeks. But after 3 weeks, most of the grass seed came up (on a very nasty, waterlogged clay soil lawn) and looks great now.

Autoglym 325ml Bumper Care
Autoglym 325ml Bumper Care

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 May 2014
Does exactly what it says. Easy to apply. Very happy with this product.... especially good at removing excess wax after waxing my car.

Craftex 6" Medium Brass Wire Spot Stain Treatment Brush. A Great Accessory for Carpets & Upholstery - Comes With TCH Anti-Bacterial Pen!
Offered by Green My Business

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do anything, 26 May 2014
Didn't help remove stains in carpet. When brushing too hard, it seems to make a dark mark in the carpet.

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised French Skillet Frying Pan - 20 cm
Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised French Skillet Frying Pan - 20 cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't stand the test of time, 26 May 2014
When I first bought this pan, I would have rated it 5 star like most of the other reviews of this product. But having owned the pan for two years, it's actually worn appallingly badly - the outer black paint is chipped all the way round the rim, and the hard anodised coating is wearing off all the way round the rim. There are also scratch marks inside the pan. This lasts no better than a teflon coated pan - the only pans I have owned which last more than 1-2 years seem to be plain stainless steel pans. I'm sure that putting this pan in the dishwasher has shorted it's life - but this is advertised as a dishwasher safe pan: which isn't true in my view.

STV148 - ULTRA POWER MOUSE TRAPS - TWINPACK
STV148 - ULTRA POWER MOUSE TRAPS - TWINPACK

3.0 out of 5 stars Traps, doesn't kill!, 23 Dec. 2012
Excellent trap, it caught a (hopefully lone) mouse within a day of setting these twin traps. However, as other reviewers have mentioned, it mashed the head of the mouse without actually killing it which is somewhat gruesome to tidy up. It really needs a stronger mechanism.

Not a fan of the poison bate trays, which only leaves rotting mice to discover when it starts to smell....

Dyson DC39 Animal Full Size Dyson Ball Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC39 Animal Full Size Dyson Ball Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Cheapest Electrical

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Hoover around....but...., 23 Sept. 2012
I upgraded to this DC39 Animal from my previous Dyson, which is at least 6 years old. I am pretty confident that Dyson make the best hoovers, and my research indicated this is the best model. The DC39 All floors is a bit cheaper, but my house is mostly carpeted and my view is that the "triggerhead" performs better on carpet - I don't actually have any pets.

As suspected the DC39 Animal is an excellent hoover. But It's not perfect - in some ways I'm surprised about the lack of development compared to my previous Dyson. Most notable differences following my upgrade:

- The suction is incredible. This really is amazing at picking fluff and such from the carpet.
- Lightweight body and handle. This thing really is light, making it very easy to hoover and carry the appliance.
- Cable winder is much better, fixing the problem in older models where the electrical cable wouldn't wind in completely.
- Articulated ball design really does work - the body follows you smooth as silk as you hoover and never falls over, like my old Dyson.
- Noisy. Although the advertising says its engineered to reduce noise levels, I found it as noisy as any other hoover I have ever used.
- Triggerhead performs well, but not perfect. Perhaps there is actually too much suction, because if you pull the head too close to your feet, it is almost impossible to push it back out again. It becomes "stuck" to the carpet in front of you. You quickly develop a hoovering technique to avoid this problem, but it seems a shortcoming of the model.
- Handle is shorter than my last Dyson. I am 6ft 1 and would prefer a slightly longer handle, although its adequate.
- Storage isn't great. The handle doesn't really attach to the body (there is a clip, but its so ill-conceived that it's effectively pointless). So the handle sort of falls over in the cupboard, the hose goes everywhere and takes up a lot of space. Irritating but wouldn't stop me buying it.
- Doesn't sit on the staircase as well as my old model. It tends to slip off the step it's sitting on, whereas my old model sat happily on each step.

Overall I am pleased with my purchase, but the Dyson is still not a perfected product after all these years.

Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display
Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife very pleased, 16 Aug. 2012
I bought this as a present for my wife. She was a little reluctant at first as she enjoys a "real book". However, the Kindle Touch easily won her over with it's two main advantages:
1) Lightweight and easy to hold - a "real book" can be quite awkward to hold open as you read the left & right pages, especially heavier books
2) Ability to set the font size and spacing to your preference.

Of course there are many other benefits, such as the in-built dictionary and ability to read it in the sun (unlike my iPad).

I'm going to buy a second Kindle Touch for myself as it's been so good.

If anyone is considering the basic Kindle or the Touch, I would say definitely go for the Touch - it's brilliant.

Foneboy iPod & iPhone 3G 4 4S Usb Sync Cable - White
Foneboy iPod & iPhone 3G 4 4S Usb Sync Cable - White
Offered by E-Rapder

1.0 out of 5 stars Naff, 16 Aug. 2012
Quite why it's so hard to make a proper quality iPhone charging cable I'm not sure. But like all the others, this doesn't fit properly into my phone and is naff. I've discarded it as not worth enough money to bother sending it back.

Circulon Elite Hard Anodised Milkpan, 14 cm, 0.9 Litre
Circulon Elite Hard Anodised Milkpan, 14 cm, 0.9 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 2 July 2012
Bought this to replace a teflon-coated milk pan, as I always find the teflon starts to wear off sooner or later. We'll see how the hard anodised pan fares. Anyway, so far so good - four stars because it's not suitable for the dishwasher, which is not advised in the product description. Well built and a nice comfortable weight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3