Profile for R. Sara Mairi > Reviews

Content by R. Sara Mairi

R. Sara Mairi "worm" (hong kong)

Page: 1 | 2
First Position [DVD]
First Position [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aran Bell
Price: 6.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: First Position [DVD] (DVD)
This is just the sort of series I love . allet is my passion. People are my passion.
I just needed longer performances Sometimes items were cut a bit short ( for me).

Mr Selfridge - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Mr Selfridge - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Piven
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 7 Feb 2014
I chose it because it is just what I enjoy, an especially well produced well acted exciting dramatic series.Thank you

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Gillian Flynn can write., 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
This was a good read. I really loathed the heroine, but still read on. A healthy sign, I reckon! Anyone who likes a page-turner with a twist on every page will love it.

Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course
by Gordon Ramsay
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Super simple, 2 Oct 2013
Just what a cookbook should be. Our ambassador chef , Gordon Ramsey of FWord fame has given us a lovely course in how to make meals look and taste good, simply. I enjoyed the TV series(and I hate cookery shows) and the book is an added joy.

The Tank War: The Men, the Machines and the Long Road to Victory
The Tank War: The Men, the Machines and the Long Road to Victory
by Mark Urban
Price: 7.20

4.0 out of 5 stars My Pride, 2 Oct 2013
I was proud to receive this book as my uncle is featured. He is Gerry Solomon who took part in the Tank Campaigns in this book and of whom I am exceedingly proud. Thanks for the boost!

The Hollow Crown - TV Mini Series [DVD]
The Hollow Crown - TV Mini Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Whishaw
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb British Drama!, 2 Oct 2013
This the sort of drama that is second to none. Wonderful performances, direction, production and camera work, costumes, make up and authenticity. I expected perfection when I sent for this and I got it. This set of DVD's is a definite keeper.

London 2012 Olympic Games  [DVD]
London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Boyle
Offered by plusnoise
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous!, 6 Mar 2013
This truly IS a must have. I live in Hong Kong and the coverage here was a bit sparse, and we only really had highlights of the Opening on our local TV, and the sports covered were very locally orientated, eg lots of Table tennis and Basketball.
So I was just delighted at the richness of this set of DVDs from the wonderful Opening right through. Yes it IS biased towards Team GB and all its success and I loved that. I had tears in my eyes throughout all the award ceremonies, I jumped about at all the competitions and the immense pride I had at being British cannot be described. It is a wonderful bargain. One that I will play over and over. Quality production . BBC at its best. Thankyou so much!

Charles Dickens: A Life
Charles Dickens: A Life
by Claire Tomalin
Price: 3.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Dickens, a Life, 16 Feb 2013
Brilliantly researched, it came up to expectations. I can only blame myself, and I may be alone in ending up not liking him at all!
Yes he was a wonderful writer, a benefactor, a fighter for human rights, a loyal friend and a loving parent. So why do I find him egotistical, harsh and at times thoughtless of others' feelings?
However, I only fault the man, not the book or more especially the writer.

How to Watch the Olympics: Scores and laws, heroes and zeros - an instant initiation to every sport
by David Goldblatt
Price: 6.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Olympic fever, 4 Aug 2012
I bought this as a gift for someone who is a sports fanatic. I glanced through it before giving it to him, and it looks extremely comprehensive. I may borrow it back when he has finished his first rush of enthusiasm. Once more I was impressed with the speed of delivery Thanks

Gardens Of The National Trust Vol.2 [DVD] (2005)
Gardens Of The National Trust Vol.2 [DVD] (2005)
Dvd ~ National Trust
Offered by NextDayEntertainment
Price: 3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Gardens of the National Trust DVD, 20 July 2010
I am impressed with the speed with which these DVDs arrived and the reasonable prices too! They are going to be gifts for Christmas and birthdays so I have not played them . I am pleased, as usual , with your service, though.

Page: 1 | 2