Profile for yogaminty21 > Reviews

Content by yogaminty21

yogaminty21

Being British: What's Wrong With It?
Being British: What's Wrong With It?
by Peter Whittle
Price: 11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly written. If you are younger than forty and ..., 19 July 2014
superb book,brilliantly written.If you are younger than forty and have only been told the negatives of being British, then I strongly suggest you read this book.' it's a tragedy this country has lost its identity'. I'm off to plant a union Jack in my garden.

Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
by Henry Marsh
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 29 May 2014
I can only echo other reviews; a thoroughly engrossing read, he is a remarkable man who is honest and compassionate.
Highly recommended.

If Symptoms Still Persist
If Symptoms Still Persist
by Theodore Dalrymple

5.0 out of 5 stars Theodore at his best, 28 April 2014
Even better than the fist one. Funny,cutting and although a very good read, I always feel slightly sad after reading his books'.Perhaps I should see a therapist.'

Sleeping with Dogs: A Peripheral Autobiography
Sleeping with Dogs: A Peripheral Autobiography
by Brian Sewell
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Tissues at the ready, 19 Mar 2014
Like many people, I had unfounded preconceptions of Brian Sewell. This book , I am glad to say, has changed that.
Mr Sewell has shown remarkable devotion to his dogs and I admire him for that.As a forty seven year old male, I am not ashamed to say that I filled up at least five times while reading this. Beware, it will hit you unexpectedly.

Buster's Diaries as Told to Roy Hattersley (With a New Postscript)
Buster's Diaries as Told to Roy Hattersley (With a New Postscript)
by Roy Hattersley
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to put a smile on your face, 19 Mar 2014
I was bought this for my birthday, and looked at the cover rather dubiously.As I ploughed through the pages, Buster's story had me chuckling every few minutes. A must for every dog lover.

Romancing Opiates: Pharmacological Lies and the Addiction Bureaucracy
Romancing Opiates: Pharmacological Lies and the Addiction Bureaucracy
by Theodore Dalrymple
Price: 12.52

5.0 out of 5 stars confirms my thoughts entirely, 31 Jan 2014
This book is highly recommended for those of you who adhere to the present orthodoxy.Ultimately, you will be struggling to countenance Dr Dalrymple's analysis. Although a little caustic at times he does present a valid case.
I found this book to be informative and very interesting,' I even improved my vocabulary'.

Flying Free
Flying Free
by Nigel Farage
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiration, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Flying Free (Paperback)
I have always liked Nigel Farage, and after reading this eye opener I like him and his party even more.'Count me in Nigel'..

The Diversity Illusion: What We Got Wrong About Immigration & How to Set It Right
by Ed West

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 16 Oct 2013
I can't really add to anything that has been said already.An utterly brilliant piece of writing, although like many, I feel rather depressed

The War We Never Fought
The War We Never Fought
by Peter Hitchens
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars An uncomfortable truth, 9 Feb 2013
Once again, Peter Hitchens is right on the money. Mr Hitchens exposes the pro drugs lobby, politicians and the Police for what they really are. If you think you already know, then I suggest you read this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 8:42 AM GMT

The Talking Babble Ball
The Talking Babble Ball
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store
Price: 7.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Babble Ball, 20 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Talking Babble Ball (Misc.)
Excellent product & well priced. Kept my two dogs amused for ages. Phrase in childish American accent include, "Yeh, baby" (Austin Powers style), "Hello puppy", "Hey, don't do that!" and several more. Chased the ball all round the house and tried to get it off the shelf when not being used. Only really suitable for home and garden use, I wouldn't say it was a 'walkies' throw and fetch toy (all the dogs in the neighbourhood would want it and wet grass, mud etc might damage the workings) more of a boredom buster when at home. Quite robust plastic but I wouldn't allow a lot of chewing, definitely only use under supervision. Only one way to switch it off permanently - cut a little piece of plastic from an old credit/bank card to fit rectangular gap below speaker holes, bend it in two, poke one end in gap and fix other folded bit with strong tape onto ball, this allows it to be carried in a pocket when out without it babbling away!!