Profile for Mr. Ian C. Larham > Reviews

Content by Mr. Ian C. Larham

Mr. Ian C. Larham "I-C-LARHAM" (UK)

Neet® - WiFi Wireless Music Receiver - AIRPLAY + DNLA - for APPLE (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac), ANDROID (phones, tablets), WINDOWS (Laptop, PC) - High quality wireless audio streaming - Wolfson DAC - Turn your Speaker Dock, stereo Hi-Fi, home theatre etc. into a wireless sound system.
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of tech, 28 Oct. 2015
Works well 95% of the time but does suffer intermittent popping that you normally hear through speakers from WiFi interference on hifis when linking mobiles through a wired connection. Would this stop me buying again? No as it is infrequent and only for a few seconds... far outweighed by the fact the audio quality is outstanding, far more clarity than either Bluetooth or auxiliary leads that I have tried. Brilliant piece of tech!

TheTransporter Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen (G3) Case Ultra Thin Clear Silicone Gel Cover (Smoked Grey)
Offered by Thetransporter

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more? No idea!, 28 Oct. 2015
Simple thin skin with textured back to hide any marks. Glad I went for the "smoked" colour as it compliments black phones well. Adds very little bulk & coupled with a glass screen protector, should help with potential knocks without hindering the look or use of my phone in any way. Bargain in my mind!

DN-TECHNOLOGY® [1PACK IN STOCK NOW ] MOTOROLA MOTO G3 Tempered Glass (MOTO G 3RD GENERATION) Premium Quality Tempered-Glass Screen Protector for New MOTOROLA MOTO G3 [GLASS Ultra Thin Display] Lightweight Rounded Edge Hardness up to 9H (harder than a knife) - Includes Micro fibre Polishing Cloth
Offered by DN-Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars The future of screen protection...now the present!, 28 Oct. 2015
Brilliant, goes on bubble free, just try and ensure you get it in straight first time. It is possible to lift and reposition however it may, like mine, then lose the gel in the corner that you used to lift it from the screen initially. No problem with conducting your touch through to the screen, in fact you will forget it's even there. I will NEVER buy a normal plastic screen protector again. You'd be stupid to even contemplate it after using this type, plastic ones will no doubt cease to exist before long, this fixes all their shortcomings....

Griffin Auxiliary Audio Cable
Griffin Auxiliary Audio Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Robust I've Seen..., 24 Mar. 2013
I've had quite a few 3.5mm aux leads but this seems to be the most likely to last being constantly plugged/unplugged which is where they usually develop sound issues as the wires either break or wear. nb this is the coiled version which is actually very handy, although the length is realistically more like 2 feet rather than 6.8 (to stretch it any further than 2 feet you would need whatever it is plugged into to be bolted down and find something to restrain yourself with!!)

10 x G9 Halogen bulbs 25W Clear Capsule 240v mains
10 x G9 Halogen bulbs 25W Clear Capsule 240v mains
Offered by SMART_PRICE

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says On The Tin ..., 24 Mar. 2013
too early to tell how long these will last but have taken all the usual steps ie not touched the bulb with my finger oils and ensured it is sited as securely as possible - in my experience, none of these G9 types last very long hence I felt the need to buy cheap & in bulk (the light in my living room uses 6 and 4 have blown in the last 3 months, including expensive Philips versions that say a lifespan of 2 years?) - like I said if they are this cheap at least it wont break the bank...

Monitor Audio i-deck 200 iPod & iPhone Docking Speaker
Monitor Audio i-deck 200 iPod & iPhone Docking Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER SOUNDS - BARGAIN PRICE, 7 Dec. 2012
With the price reduced from £400 to £149 this is a sonic wonder compared to anything even borderline this price bracket. With the new model on the horizon (featuring apple airplay) these beauties are HEAVILY reduced to clear. If you bear in mind you can pick up a very good dock bluetooth music receiver for less than £20 (laven being a prime example) you can still enjoy wireless music streaming on this unit for £169. Bass is strong yet not overpowering and the clarity from the mid & treble ranges are very impressive without being shrill or tinny. With a bass control system that ensures strong bass even at lower volumes and digital to analogue conversion it ensures even you low quality rips/downloads sound as good as they can be. Don't expect miracles from low bit rate tracks that have involved varied sound ie rock tracks, they can still sound a touch treble happy and are in contrast to simpler tracks of higher quality that can make your jaw drop as they unveil depth in the tracks you may not have heard even if you have listened to them a hundred times on a regular system... so much so with its room filling capability I have relegated my old mini system to the kitchen instead of the this dock, which was my original intention. check out whathifi for their review which claimed this was an absolute steal when reduced to £249 - now the £149 really does look unbelievable!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 11:47 PM GMT

A1CS 7" RAPID5® DUAL-CORE (2*1.4) TABLET - ANDROID 4.1 JELLY-BEAN - CAPACITIVE MULTI TOUCH SCREEN - SUPPORTS  YOUTUBE, IPLAYER SITE
A1CS 7" RAPID5® DUAL-CORE (2*1.4) TABLET - ANDROID 4.1 JELLY-BEAN - CAPACITIVE MULTI TOUCH SCREEN - SUPPORTS YOUTUBE, IPLAYER SITE

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem - Challenger For Any Unbranded Tablet!!!, 29 Oct. 2012
The spec is so much higher in terms of not only having a larger/quicker processor but DUAL CORE @ 2 x 1.6 ghz(!) - most others in this price bracket boast 1.2 - 1.5 ghz SINGLE core that other tablet reviews claim to be quick. In addition it also has the support of dual core graphics compared to single and although internal memory isn't the largest on the market by any stretch you have to keep things in perspective. You would need to spend half as much again to equal, let alone better the 8gb with the competition. Build quality, even if not judging relatively on price, is solid. The only shortcomings I have found are on certain light coloured screens when idle ie no graphics/game playing/video/screen savers (which is very seldom as you can imagine) you can see some light dimples from the rear of the screen from very light touches in certain positions on the rear casing. In general use I haven't noticed this at all, just when initially setting up with the white or grey background screens. I have just found there is no GPS or Flight Mode settings (even though the instructions give details of both) however these are not essential for the type of use I need (my son will be using it as a cheap alternative to the Kurio and I will be using as a general tablet for surfing and if I'm really honest some game play around the house. Since I purchased the price has not surprisingly risen again, it had been on sale £10 cheaper than the £69 some odd pence I paid and is now £10 higher still BUT still represents very good value for money. I have tried the wireless at the furthest point in my house from the router and it still picks up fair signal as well as my branded netbook and touch screen phone so I would not be worried about some of the other reviews which I think mainly relate to the previous metal backed types of these tablets - Jellybean OS runs smoothly and has caused no issues at all. I have since recommended this to several friends and at least one of which has purchased 2 units and another will purchase shortly for each of her 2 sons for xmas (it says it all I am not worried as I know they will work well and if not A1CS are UK based and have given me good feedback to any question or issues I have had). Buy with confidence BEFORE the price gets any higher!!!

Philips SHE8000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black
Philips SHE8000/10 In-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by Equipement de Pointe

4.0 out of 5 stars Bass... can you have too much?, 14 Feb. 2012
Just bought these(actually from Tesco for £12.50!!) as I was fed up of tinny sounding headphones I thought these may do the trick. On first listen I was sure there was a fault as one ear was very treble heavy and the other driving so much bass it made my ear vibrate!!! It turns out one of my ears needed the largest bud & the other the smallest!! This is the reason several people review these type of headphones as lacking bass - you have to have a tight fitting bud or the bass doesn't come through at all. On the second listen I'm still not sure if these are the ones for me as they drive so much bass it overshadows the mid/treble tones a touch too much, in complete contrast to most headphones of this type I have used. True to the name they do have superior bass but it begs the question... can you have too much? ... Good quality but needed a more even tone imho.

Give Me The Fear
Give Me The Fear

5.0 out of 5 stars rocknrollsback, 5 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Give Me The Fear (Audio CD)
A friend mentioned they had heard of these guys after quite a big write up in the national press. After he had a listen on their own website he let me know there was another band destined for stardom. Much like The Darkness ie with tongue in cheek lyrics/cheeky sense of humour but with a sound more like ac/dc, they are old-school rock (you can tell by the way they look). We then managed to get tickets to see them in Northampton and to our surprise, despite the coverage and reviews they have enjoyed; only 30 people attended one of the best live shows I have seen in ages... buy and say you were there at the begining!! ps if you do like older classics like led zep too, then The Answer (who were on the same bill) have real talent.

Crush 40
Crush 40

5.0 out of 5 stars CRUSHING BLOW IT'S NOT WELL KNOWN, 26 Mar. 2004
This review is from: Crush 40 (Audio CD)
Fantastic album from this little known group which includes brilliant song writing coupled with guitars on a par with any i've heard and vocalist with a rock voice that truly shines on this epic album. A couple of tracks you may recognise from sega games but all are listenable again and again.
Truly a fantastic buy.