Profile for LAURA KELLY > Reviews

Content by LAURA KELLY

LAURA KELLY (London, UK & Auckland, NZ)

Page: 1 | 2
BRITA Elemaris Meter Cool Water Filter Jug, 2.4 L - Black
BRITA Elemaris Meter Cool Water Filter Jug, 2.4 L - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting water and slim design, 31 Aug. 2011
I had my doubts buying this, and have been putting up with revolting tasting water for almost 2 years now. Well I wish I had bought this sooner! I followed the instructions to the letter and poured my first glass this evening - what a difference! I'm so glad I purchased this. We have a ridiculously small fridge (think so narrow that most shops don't sell a fridge narrow enough) and it fits neatly in the door with enough room for a 1 pint of milk next to it. I look forward to not having to de-limescale my other appliances (kettle etc) as often now!

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Dark - 200 ml
St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse Dark - 200 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars - stick to the original st moriz, 25 July 2011
I love love love the original St Moriz. It's true, it is the poor man (or womans) St Tropez. This stuff is great too but undeniably a tad more orange. This is just because I'm pasty pale white though, if you have olive skin this stuff would be amazing on you.
St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse 200 ml - Get the original unless you are naturally olive or darker skinned.

Weleda Childrens Tooth Gel 50ml
Weleda Childrens Tooth Gel 50ml
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars The best toothpaste for your baby, 25 July 2011
Like most mums I'm very careful with what products I use on my baby. When his first teeth popped through we started brushing with just water. Now that he's over a year old and the reccomendations are to use toothpaste I started researching the best toothpaste to use. Obviously babies teeth are hard to brush and most of the toothpaste ends up being eaten, so I was very reluctant to use the "main brand" toothpaste where most of the ingredients aren't even listed. All of the ingredients in Weleda Childrens Tooth Gel are listed and I am very happy knowing that they are doing no harm to him. He absolutely loves brushing his teeth and munching away on the minty tooth gel. Definately try this stuff, a great natural alternative.

Happy Mummy Hook and Stroll
Happy Mummy Hook and Stroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab if you don't have a round handled buggy!, 25 July 2011
I have an iCandy Apple which has a similar shaped handle as a bugaboo - these work AMAZINGLY. I'm back to buy my second pack as I got slightly over-enthusiastic about how much shopping you can load onto these (hint - don't try and put 15kgs worth on one hook ;)) These are fantastic, and a must buy no matter how big the shopping basket is on your buggy. I just wish they were a bit cheaper for a bit of velcro and plastic. Oh well it's not going to stop me from buying them!

Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads (60 Pieces)
Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads (60 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin, soft, absorbable and stay put!, 12 April 2011
Hands down the best breast pads on the market. They are soft, comfortable and absorb so much milk. Great for over-active let down.

Far superior to any you can find at the supermarket, and beat all of the other premium brands too. If only they were a bit cheaper.. but I guess they know they are the best around.

These pads and the lanolin they sell should be in every mothers birth bag or home.

Kitchen Craft Colourworks 4 Piece Measuring Cup Set
Kitchen Craft Colourworks 4 Piece Measuring Cup Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute Measuring Cups, 11 April 2011
These are so funky, and fab if you store your ingredients in jars - much easier to scoop down into the jar. The full cup measure is slightly too wide for most of my jars though - and it would be really improved by having a 1/3rd cup meaure.

Churchill China Cath Kidston Crush Mug, Spring Design
Churchill China Cath Kidston Crush Mug, Spring Design

2.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Pattern, shoddy workmanship, 24 Mar. 2011
As everyone has said, the mugs are big. But for me, a perfect size - this is a really lovely design which coordinates well with the stripes and spots mugs in the same collection.

Edit: The enamel cracked on the inside through no fault of my own, I am very, very careful with these. Then my husband poured a cup of tea and it just exploded through the crack and hot water went everywhere. Sigh. 2 of my others have slight cracks in the enamel forming too - I'm not impressed. What a shame, these are so pretty and perfectly huge.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2011 8:16 PM BST

Manhattan Toy Swirl Rattle
Manhattan Toy Swirl Rattle
Offered by THE BUSY BALLET LADY

4.0 out of 5 stars Really cute rattle, 24 Mar. 2011
My baby loves this, he seems to be just growing out of it and losing interest at 10 months, so I would say great from 3 months. Is quite heavy though so your baby may go through a phase of dropping it on his head like mine did. The paint has chipped off a bit on the rings but only in a couple of places, and apart from that it is in great condition.

That's Not My Lion
That's Not My Lion
by Fiona Watt
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books - off to buy more now., 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: That's Not My Lion (Board book)
We were given That's not my lion as a present for our little man, and I can't reccomend it enough. Loads of different textures for baby to enjoy, a fuzzy nose, furry ears, rough paws, fluffy tail and more.
Our son is super rough on his books and wants to "read" them himself (biting, tearing etc) and this book still looks like new.

The best part about it is not only does my husband love it, other male family members do too - there seems to be something about it - and lots of them have sat with our baby reading the book to him.

Highly highly recomend as one of the best baby books of all time. We started reading this from 4 months, and when our son got the hang of aiming his fingers where he wanted aroun 6 months this just took on a whole new level of fun for him. He is still enjoying it now at 10 months old and I imagine will be for much longer.

Philips AVENT SCF710/00 Baby Weaning Spoons
Philips AVENT SCF710/00 Baby Weaning Spoons

5.0 out of 5 stars The best baby spoons on the market!, 24 Nov. 2010
Since buying these spoons I have bought many other brands to compare, and these are by far the best spoons on the market. They are lovely and long (helps if you are feeding your baby from a mug or jar), have a really nice smooth tip that my baby loves, soft enough to not hurt tender gums, he loves to chew/gum it and when I let him it has held up beautifully - no little teeth marks!

They are the perfect width - if anyone has used the HIPP Organic ones I find them too wide for my baby boys mouth - these are infinitely better.

This is a 2-pack of spoons.

I wish they made these in more colours/animals! Originally the pictures on the end of the spoon put me off but they are cuter/less tacky in real life ;)

The best feature of all - (apart from being BPA free) - they don't stain. These are going to last a long time.

Page: 1 | 2