Profile for C. Donner > Reviews

Content by C. Donner

C. Donner (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Protone resistance bands set - 5 tube set with handles, door anchor, ankle straps and carry bag for home fitness / travel fitness / strength
Offered by Gym-stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and compact, 28 Oct. 2015
Good price. Seem to be good enough quality.

Thelma And Louise [DVD] [1991]
Thelma And Louise [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Susan Sarandon
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars It's absolutely brilliant. Great character development, 12 Aug. 2015
I can't believe I got to 26 years old without watching this film. It's absolutely brilliant. Great character development, a tale of two women persistently victims male violence and oppression, fond power together and kick back. Comedy, sass, friendship, drama and explosions. A film that has no trouble passing well above the Bechdel test. What more could you want?

'Easy Fit' Waterproof Motorcycle Mount for LG G2 (sku 18017)
'Easy Fit' Waterproof Motorcycle Mount for LG G2 (sku 18017)
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 April 2015
I love this. I keep it in my pannier bag at all times for when I need to take a new route. I use it in London in conjunction with the CycleStreets 'live ride' app for live GPS instructions, the same as you'd get in a car but with routes tailored to safe cycling rather than busy roads. It's given me a lot more confidence to bike to new places in London whereas before there would be a lot of faffing printing maps, stopping to check them (which can be dangerous), and getting lost. I think it's probably earned it's value back in the bus trips it has saved me. I haven't tested it in torrential rain yet but it's held up well in light showers.

Yes Please
Yes Please

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Yes Please (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of so much of Amy Poehler's work so it was a bit of a no-brainer for me to buy this book. But it's really quite disappointing and I've given up half way through. Although Poehler is a brilliantly talented woman it was really clear that this is not a book that she wanted to write, nor did she have anything in particular to say with it. It seems like her agent/publisher/other decided it was a good time to write a book and she begrudgingly went along with it, painstakingly filling up pages. It reads like the author has little interest in it and doesn't want to really tell you anything. Don't bother with the book but do check out everything else Amy Poehler has ever done!

New Food for Thought (New Era in Vegetarian Cuisine)
New Food for Thought (New Era in Vegetarian Cuisine)
by Jane Noraika

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but delicious food, 31 Oct. 2013
I have a number of veggi/vegan books on my bookshelf that seldom get touched as each recipe seems to contain a series of rare and unfamiliar ingredients that are costly and a pain to get hold of.

What I like about this book is its no nonsense approach, it uses simple, easy to source ingredients but put them together in a creative and delicious way.

I love eating at the Covent Garden restaurant for the rich and hearty food and I'm looking forward to trying out more recipes at home.

(I tried the butternut squash and mango chutney soup first, it was great)

Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 22 July 2013
Tells the story of North Korea through the lives of real people. I learnt a lot without it feeling at all taxing. A compelling read.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Charger ?External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets ()

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and very handy, 10 Jun. 2013
I bought a few of these devices for a large outdoor event where I was live sharing on social media for work so having a flat battery wasn't an option. Each device was used by a number of team members with different phones (Samsung Galaxy S II, older Samsung, iPhone4). My only complaint is that the connection to my galaxy wasn't great, it kept bleeping on and off and had to be held carefully. I switched to the second device we bought and this seemed to work better.

I'd definitely recommend if you need to charge multiple different phones on the go.

HP Compaq Presario C300 C500 C700 Laptop 65W Charger
HP Compaq Presario C300 C500 C700 Laptop 65W Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Nov. 2010
Much better than the original HP charger that came with the laptop (which broke). Has an indicator light and is very reliable.

Rainbow R2725W Silent Laptop Cooler with 1 USB Port - White
Rainbow R2725W Silent Laptop Cooler with 1 USB Port - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective, 8 Jan. 2010
I chose this cooler as it has the largest fan I could find as most have inconveniently placed fans for where my laptop gets hot in the back right corner. The day before I got this my laptop crashed twice from overheating, since getting it it has been great, the fan has been quieter and the body doesn't get so hot it could burn me. I like the opening tilt mechanism too and the usb power cord is very well designed; it stored away neatly into the cooler when not using it and even has another usb socket on the outside of it so that you do not lose a usb port when the cooler is being used.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a small or medium sized laptop which is prone to over heating. Mine is a HP Pavillion tx2530 which has about a 12" screen.

Global Justice (Metaphilosophy)
Global Justice (Metaphilosophy)
by Thomas W. Pogge

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile read, 24 Dec. 2009
This book offers a great insight into the issues surrounding global poverty and inequality and makes some important points with regard to the systems that serve to cause and perpetuate these inequalities. A bit of an academic read but very much worth your time. For those who have not studied international development or similar subjects this will prove a great read and will hopefully alter your entire perception of the world and its systems. I encountered the book during a Law and Political Theory module at university for which it was very useful.

Well written, offers a variety of arguments and perspectives and is a very informative and enjoyable read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3