Profile for KK > Reviews

KK

Marcato Atlas 150 pasta machine Chrome, Silver Wellness
Marcato Atlas 150 pasta machine Chrome, Silver Wellness

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic present and have loved using it, 10 July 2014
Fantastic present and have loved using it. The build quality is great and produces consistently well rolled pasta. I have mainly used the sheet roller but the cutters do the job equally well. Whilst there is not all of the accessories you get with other makes I would say this is made up for with build quality. The next time I visit Italy I will keep an eye out for the attachments and hopefully pick up a bargain !

I would also suggest that Aliza Green's book on pasta making is a great companion to this as it gives good pasta recipes and techniques for making different types of pasta (note it is not a huge pasta sauce recipe book it is about making pasta). The basic pasta mix has worked every time I have made it.

Pink Harem Girl Fancy dress Costume - Large Age 8-10
Pink Harem Girl Fancy dress Costume - Large Age 8-10

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loved this costume, 10 July 2014
My daughter loved this costume. However I would say be careful of size , as the next size up was massive and was the first size we bought we ended up in a return and further purchase. Was great for the show my daughter was in and for the cost did the job well and leaves her with another dressing up costume.

Lord Of Chaos: 6/12 (Wheel of Time)
Lord Of Chaos: 6/12 (Wheel of Time)
by Robert Jordan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars I have the next book as well and look forward to continuing this great series., 10 July 2014
Still reading the book but started off with the same flair as previous books. The characters are starting to grow into their roles more and maturing well. I have the next book as well and look forward to continuing this great series.

Learning Resources Pizza Fraction Fun Jr. Game
Learning Resources Pizza Fraction Fun Jr. Game

4.0 out of 5 stars ... games so far but product seems to be a good idea and aid for fractions, 10 July 2014
We have only played some of the games so far but product seems to be a good idea and aid for fractions. Making it more fun and visual.

Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 72mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and good product, 4 Sept. 2012
This filter arrived on time and was packaged well. It was bought to replace an existing filter that had got broken due to a knock. The filter screwed on securely and is now protecting my lens from both scratches and knocks as before. It has the thread both sides allowing me to attach both my lens cap and additional filters should I wish. On the whole I am very happy with the service from the seller and also the lens does exactly what it was bought for at a fraction of the cost from other retailers !

Recommend to other camera users.

School Recorder Books: Bk. 1
School Recorder Books: Bk. 1
by Edmund Priestley

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book with a lot to learn, 17 April 2012
This book from a read through of it, introduces you to the recorder in a solid way. However we bough this for our daughter who is 5 & half and it is really for an older child. That said I have not gone out and bought another book as I feel you can still use it but it will take longer to go through as you need to explain the details more.

I feel as my daughters confidence grows and she gets older and understands the concepts better this book will be very useful as it introduces some complex concepts later in the book, not just in playing the recorder but in understanding how to read music.

Would recommend this as a great solid book (old fashioned in style but nothing wrong with that) but it is definitely for 8 year old children and above.

Ceremonials
Ceremonials
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but first album is better, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Ceremonials (Audio CD)
This album is a good album with some great songs on it but for me the first album has a raw edge to it that I prefer.

That said I would still recommend this to buy as I have enjoyed listening to it.

Cinderella - Royal Edition [DVD]
Cinderella - Royal Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wilfred Jackson
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinderella DVD a great hit, 12 Sept. 2011
We bought this DVD for my daughter as a birthday present. I can honestly say it has been a fantastic hit, it is currently her favourite DVD to watch and is a fantastic story and a reminder of the old style of cartoon stories produced by Disney. We can leave her to watch it on her own as there are no scary bits (it is amazing what children find scary !) and if time permitting can also sit and watch it with her enjoying the songs and fantastic story.

I can recommend this to anyone who wants to introduce their children to a wonderful story and the fantastic medium of the old style cartoon.

Golf Rules Illustrated 2010
Golf Rules Illustrated 2010
by R&A

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for explaining the rules, 6 April 2011
Have not read all of the book but this has greatly helped me understand the rules of golf better. I think the sections on etiquette are also useful, whilst not necessarily rules they make playing the game that much more fun and should be read by all golf players !

LCD Display Protection for the new Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 6 Pack
LCD Display Protection for the new Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 6 Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 28 Mar. 2011
The screen protectors do what they say on the tin. I have found they offer good protection but sometimes getting a good clean (i.e. no bubbles) attachment is not so easy. So far I always have slight bubbles but these have not stopped the product doing the job.