ARRAY(0xaf8a64bc)

Profile for S Douthwaite > Reviews

Content by S Douthwaite

S Douthwaite (Lincolnshire, United Kingdom)

Magic of Neurolinguistic Programming Demystified: A Pragmatic Guide to Communication and Change (Positive Change Guides)
by Byron A. Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, clear and simple guide, 9 Jun 2013
I read this book years ago and then bought it again recently. It is the most easy to understand and clear and simple guide to NLP I have read so far. I can read it in bitesize chunks and then let the information sink in. It works! I realise other people have perhaps not felt the same about this book and they even say further books have been written, but for the time being, I find this book easily digestible and worth while. This book is not full of superfluous information, I found it to be straightforward easy to understand guide.

A Haunted Past Life (Jen's Story)
A Haunted Past Life (Jen's Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read!, 2 Jan 2013
After an intense start with a wicked step father, similar to that of Cinderella, Jen finds herself struggling with a search for love from two different relationships in two different worlds. Should she choose a past life or her current life? The love story amongst these two worlds is wrapped around her time travel and the psychic phenomena. The whole story is brought to a poignant close with the possibility of there being a part two to Jen's Story.
Of all Carol's books, this is the one I enjoyed the most. After reading the first few pages, I felt drawn into the author's world and wanted to read on. Her characters were distinct and the book was very well written. I like how Carol brought the book to a close with an unexpected and comforting revelation about a particular character, to help Jen feel safe, loved and reassured.

Ghosts, Angels & Hauntings
Ghosts, Angels & Hauntings

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Must Read' Book - If you don't believe - you will soon...!, 18 April 2012
I started to read this book and couldn't put it down. I found it fascinating. It has a great insight into ghosts and hauntings - with different people's personal (and first hand accounts) experiences.
For me, it is so easy to explain away when someone may have seen a ghost and thought it was real. It could have been stress, their vivid imagination etc. However, when a person reports seeing items of furniture moving, with witnesses - it does leave me wondering whether there could be something real in the paranormal. How can you possibly explain furniture moving?
This author also gives her own explanations from her experiences of being part of a paranormal organisation and follows up many of the sightings with a realistic and understandable result. I found this very interesting. The author obviously has a good deal of knowledge in her area.
It is a good book to refer back to with a little history of events too. It could be used as a reference book because the author also gives information at the end about different psychic styles and suggests you follow a path which you feel most comfortable. I am intrigued by 'Runes' and intend to now read further on the subject.
Overall, I highly recommend reading this book - it is very good for those curious ones, whether you are skeptical or not. It certainly leaves you wondering if there really are spirits and ghosts.

Choosing Your Psychic Pathway
Choosing Your Psychic Pathway
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A good all round informative and interesting read., 15 Nov 2011
I found this book easy to read and very clearly laid out. I like the way the author shows the reader each subject and does not push her beliefs upon anyone.
It is a wonderful comprehensive guide with a couple of interesting references to different websites.
The author invites the reader to make up their own mind as to which psychic path, if any, they wish to choose. It even has a very good interpretation of the process using tarot cards with meanings of each card used.
The book is so informative; it gives you details about intuition, reiki, spells, runes, re-incarnation, regression, spiritualism, time slips, spirit boards, pendulums and lots lots more. The author even shares her experience of how she built up her own practice, giving valuable advice.
What I like about this book is the author clearly states the information provided is a guide only and the reader should take on board what they choose and find their own comfortable direction. The author has obviously done lots of research in this area. This coupled with her experience provides a delightful read.
To conclude the book, the author addresses safety and ethical issues. So, if you should start and take clients of your own, she lists the important things you need to consider. Again, drawn from her own research and experience.
Reading this book inspired me to find out more about a particular area which I enjoy. Very helpful indeed. Thank you to the author.

Birmingham Girls
Birmingham Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Birmingham Girls Carol Arnall, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: Birmingham Girls (Kindle Edition)
This was a wonderful story and insight into what life was like in the 60's 70's 80's etc. A lovely read from a natural memoir to a little history about Birmingham from a lady who lived there throughout. I found this to be like reading about someone's life and the effort it takes to make ends meet; the love shared amongst close family members; with the happy and sentimental times of living the authors life.
I felt drawn into the authors life and felt quite tearful in parts. I have to say, I quite disagree with comments like, 'musing of memories' or 'entertainment' or someone who 'couldn't be bothered' to finish the book. Whilst reading a book is personal to each individual and writing it is the way in which the particular person remembers events, I felt the book flowed naturally. I felt the story was nicely told. The experience of reading it was like the author was sat in the same room and telling me about her life. I am not an expert at publishing, editing etc. However, in my experience of reading the book, there was no problem at all with the way it was written. I enjoyed the story very much. In fact, the pictures at the end made the it even more complete.

The Other Place
The Other Place

5.0 out of 5 stars The Other Place, 13 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Other Place (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I felt drawn in and invited into a lovely story with emotional twists, supernatural wonder and family values.
With financial struggles and difficult events, Chrissie tries to build a positive way out of her phobic life. However, there is a character whom no one would really want to meet. But what about the emotional ties to this person? I found part of the story quite tear jerking and profound.
I love the way the author cleverly dips the characters in and out a past life. The story really flows. I found this an unusual plot and very good, especially the ending. The Other Place is a very special place. I feel this author has talent and a great asset to a readers library.