Profile for cjr0701 > Reviews

Content by cjr0701

cjr0701 (Edinburgh, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Illustrative Chef: 30 Illustrated Recipes: Volume 5 (TDAC Single Artist Series)
by Liv Wan

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful amazing recipes, 6 Nov. 2015
I'm a big fan of the author's illustration work and just had to buy a copy of her new illustrated cookbook. The recipes are beautifully drawn, informative and most importantly look absolutely delicious.

Epson Premium Semigloss Photo Paper - Semi-gloss photo paper - A3 plus (329 x 483 mm) - 20 sheet(s)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round printer paper, 23 Dec. 2014
Excellent paper in terms of colour. I use this paper for printing the complimentary wedding prints I provide clients and the prints look great. Colour wise there isn't much difference between this paper and a more expensive paper from Ilford/Hahnemuhle etc. The only downside in comparison is the density of the paper but for the price this paper is pretty awesome

Maxi Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Intense Red)
Maxi Cosi Axiss Group 1 Car Seat (Intense Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Back saver!, 22 Jun. 2014
Looked into a number of different car seats and found they would all need some serious crouching/reaching around to fasten up properly. I'm 6'4" and drive a Ford Focus and have a temperamental back (especially in the cold) and quite frankly this car seat is wonderful.

Just pull two levers and I can twist it around and my daughter simply climbs in and I buckle her up. Most practical car seat I've come across by far

Wallace And Gromit The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Wallace And Gromit The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Peter Sallis

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Wallace & Gromit, 22 Jun. 2014
Lifelong fan of Wallace and Gromit (watched my first one when I was 9) and it turns out my two year daughter absolutely loves Wallce and Gromit as well so couldn't resist buying this.

Lots of nice extras and most importantly the shorts look great in Blu Ray

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 22 Jun. 2014
I go through periods of doing a lot of mounting (I'm a professional photographer, my wife an illustrator) and I've always used scalpels from art shops and while they're ok they can get a bit tiring to use and you only get one shape of blade.

I found this Wedo knife set on Amazon and for the price it's really awesome. The handles are lovely to use (a lot more power than art shop/cheapo scalpels) and they variety of blades is extremely useful.

Swordfish 'Edge 450' A3 10 Sheet Rotary Paper Trimmer/Guillotine Ref: 42014x
Swordfish 'Edge 450' A3 10 Sheet Rotary Paper Trimmer/Guillotine Ref: 42014x

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for price, 22 Jun. 2014
Excellent paper trimmer for the price but the sliding action has become a bit rough/jerky after just a few uses. However it's really cheap and I really didn't want to spend a lot more on this kind of product

Tefal RK302E15 8-in-1 Multi Cooker, Stainless Steel
Tefal RK302E15 8-in-1 Multi Cooker, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multi function product. Cooks really consistent good rice too, 22 Jun. 2014
We eat a lot of rice in our home (my wife is a Taiwanese chef) and for many years winged it with cheap rice cookers but after the last one broke we decided to get something a little better and chose this. So far really happy with the product. We haven't used all the functions on it but we've steamed dishes and of course cooked a lot of rice.

The results are great, better than most rice cookers we've used before, and the rice every time is perfectly cooked and retains just the right amount of water. Excellent product.

Home-style Taiwanese Cooking
Home-style Taiwanese Cooking
by Tsung-Yun Wan

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Taiwanese cooking, 22 Jun. 2014
I've been to Taiwan a few times and absolutely love the food there so when I discovered this book I found to my delight the dishes were exactly like ones I had eaten in Taiwan. The photography is really lovely, illustrations cute and colourful but most importantly the recipes are easy to follow. I also like that some of the recipes have stories behind them.

If you want to try "real" Taiwanese food and like colourful but interesting cook books then I can't recommend enough

Murdered: Soul Suspect (Xbox One)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (Xbox One)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Short campaign but different and fun, 22 Jun. 2014
The campaign is a bit short, I completed it in around 10 hours or so, but I really enjoyed playing this game anyway. The premise of playing as the dead and being able to walk through walls, help the dead etc but also investigate your own death is cool.

Perixx DX-1000L, Gaming Mouse Pad - 320x270x2mm Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely mouse mat, 13 Mar. 2014
Not a lot to say other than this is the most comfortable mouse mat I've ever used and it arrived in the post on time. I probably ordered a slightly too large size but that's entirely my fault. Otherwise great mat and great seller.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3