Profile for Mary E. Alderton > Reviews

Content by Mary E. Alderton

Mary E. Alderton (Dalgety Bay, Scotland)

Brother UJ417 Special Edition Sewing Machine
Brother UJ417 Special Edition Sewing Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sewing machine!, 26 Feb 2013
I purchased this sewing machine as a birthday present for my daughter who is keen to learn to sew. I was looking for a good basic machine and then I saw this special edition one with the Union Jack and knew it was just what she would love - and I was right!.
We soon got it going with the help of the comprehensive DVD which comes with the machine, and were very impressed.
Would definately recommend.

Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040  Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White, OLD
Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White, OLD
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite kitchen gadget!, 26 Feb 2013
Always wanted one of these so at last I've treated myself! I've lost five stone in the last eight months just by following a healthy eating plan and this is a great help - I can eat chips, and I do and lots of them!!!
I have noted that the paddle and lid have caused problems in other reviews so I do treat mine with great care but have had no problems with mine to date althought the machine is used several times a week.
It looks very smart in my kitchen too.
Would definately recommend.

Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Kitchen Craft Potato Chipper with Interchangeable Blades
Price: 12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little gadget!, 26 Feb 2013
Love this little chipper - it gets used a lot. We make chips in our air fryer quite a lot so this comes into it's own.
Easy to use, easy to clean and very sturdy. Excellent value for money.
Would definately recommend

Hot Air Frying
Hot Air Frying
by Paul Brodel
Price: 6.66

3.0 out of 5 stars A good general book, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hot Air Frying (Paperback)
Bought this to give me ideas of how to use my new air frier but not much in there that isn't in the book which came with my air fryer so rather an unnecessary purchase.
It's a good general book so would recommend

LEGO Super Heroes 6862: Superman vs. Power Armor Lex
LEGO Super Heroes 6862: Superman vs. Power Armor Lex
Offered by Funtoys
Price: 34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lego set, 26 Feb 2013
This was a hit with my five year old grandson who loves super heroes and lego.
A bit on the pricey side but he'll appreciate it for years so would recommend.

Eddingtons Pumps High Heel Cake Tin
Eddingtons Pumps High Heel Cake Tin
Price: 14.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cake tin, 26 Feb 2013
Having read some of the other reviews for this item, I was a bit dubious but I wanted something unusual for my daughters 30th birthday cake.
I wasn't keen on the recipes which came with the tin so I used my own which worked perfectly. I don't understand why some people found their cakes stuck - mine just fell out with no problems - I just buttered the tin with kitchen paper and then dusted with flour.
I made two shoe cakes and mounted them on a square sponge cake and the finished result was much admired.
Would recommend - only gave four stars because of the given recipes.

Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-of-a-Kind Socks: Knitting Techniques and Patterns for One-of-a Kind Socks
by Cookie Apichairuk
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock Innovation, 16 May 2009
Wonderful book - fantastic patterns, mainly for the advanced knitter and a great help for designing your own socks and getting the perfect fit. Some of the patterns are quite challenging but well worth the effort.