Profile for TimeWeasel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pets Aplenty
Pets Aplenty
Offered by Audible Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars The voice of the narrator almost put me into a coma., 2 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Pets Aplenty (Audio Download)
This may be a great book. It may be booker prize material. It may be the best thing ever written. I will never know.

The narrator on this audiobook has such a dull, lifeless, monotone delivery that I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes, and that was an experience to rival having my wisdom teeth out.

If they'd got Father Fitzgerald, the priest with the most boring voice in the world from Father Ted to narrate instead, it would have been an improvement.

The Diary
The Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Anneke is a guarantee of success!, 8 May 2015
This review is from: The Diary (MP3 Download)
As always, Anneke has produced an amazing album. Her variety is astounding, and although I realise she's not alone on this CD, it's her incredible voice that made me buy this, and will make me keep buying.

They were brilliant live at The Garage too!

OtterBox iPad 2/3 and 4 Defender Series Case Rugged Protection
OtterBox iPad 2/3 and 4 Defender Series Case Rugged Protection

2.0 out of 5 stars Great case, with unresolved problems, 12 April 2013
I have now had two of these cases delivered, and i've had problems with both. The first arrived with one of the magnets that should have been mounted in the plastic cover loose in the box. I returned this and bought again from a different seller, and that one came with the magnets mounted upside down so that the wake/sleep function does not work on my iPad4.

From online research I have found that this is because, while it didn't matter for the iPad2, the wake/sleep function now requires the polarity of the magnets to be correct. If I place the plastic cover upside down on the screen of my iPad4, it sleeps, but not if I attach the cover as it should be.

Therefore beware, if you have an iPad3 or 4, it is completely pot-luck which way up the magnets will be mounted. You may get one right and one wrong (in which case the sleep/wake will work with the case attached one way round but not the other), both right (in which case no problem), or both wrong (in which case it won't work at all).

I'm now working out whether I should return it again, or try to pry out the magnets to turn them over and risk breaking it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, 14 Sept. 2012
It does exactly what I wanted, is sturdy, and because it attaches into the headphone socket to secure it I haven't lost it yet! It's well made too, unlike a few others I have tried. Don't get sucked into getting one that claims to do something else, like a pen/stylus combo, they just end up being rubbish at both.

This is the one to get.

Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 FlexCare+ Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser
Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 FlexCare+ Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser
Offered by Dental Mania UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Brillaint for a while, then breaks. Shoddy quality., 13 Nov. 2011
I have had a sonicare flexcare for just over a year and it has been fantastic, making my teeth feel noticably cleaner than alternative brushes. However, as has been widely mentioned online, it has started turning itself on of its own accord and this makes it unusable. It's impossible to charge it up enough to use, and the noise it makes when you're not expecting it to turn on is really annoying! So i've let mine run down while hidden under a pillow, and I won't be trying to charge it up again.

This has made me decide against buying another one, as for this price its life should be considerably longer. I'm not prepared to pay that much every year! (Some people are complaining about the same thing happening much quicker than happened to me.)

The other problem is that the heads are really difficult to get hold of. I found some for a decent price and bought loads about a week before mine died. Very frustrating!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2016 11:58 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 25 July 2011
I have just taken delivery of this, and must say it's excellent for what you pay. That is to say there are better out there, but not at this price.

I've been a casual weight trainer for a while but have decided to take it a bit more seriously, hence this purchase. The quality of the construction and the welding is excellent, and there is no wobble with more weight than I'll be squatting for a long while. The spotter catchers are sturdy and do the job when you overwork yourself. The dip handles are a nice bonus, but I haven't used them yet.

As mentioned in previous reviews, the quality of the finish is poor. The rubber covering on the spotter catchers was very nearly not glued on at all, but it's easily remedied with some superglue, it's just a little disappointing to get a new toy and then have to glue it yourself straight away. This is the only reason I haven't given it a 5/5.

I have to say I don't find it difficult to adjust the width, but I do agree that it could do with a few more width position choices. I also will have to upgrade to a 6' barbell as a minimum, my current 5' is pretty awkward, but then I knew I was going to have to do that anyway.

I spent a while deciding between this and the CF315, and I'm certain I made the right choice.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by SANNCE & ANNKE

5.0 out of 5 stars More than good enough, 28 April 2011
Excellent quality for the price. I notice no difference between this cable and one I bought for £20 from a specialist a couple of years ago. Highly recommended, don't waste your money on overpriced leads that give the same result!

FreeLoader Freeloader Solar Charger
FreeLoader Freeloader Solar Charger

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine melted, but was rubbish anyway., 3 Sept. 2010
I bought mine specifically to take to Australia, but after less than a week of very poor service (I only ever managed to get a useful charge into it through USB, never through the solar panels, I left it "charging" on the dashboard of my car for about half an hour, and the plastic melted so far out of shape that the panels now don't make a connection to the body of the unit, and it won't charge at all. Even if I charge it via USB now it won't charge any devices.

Add to this the fact that the Samsung adaptor doesn't work at all with my girlfriends Samsung phone, and it didn't come with microUSB so it won't charge my phone, and overall you could say that i'm not ENTIRELY satisfied. I have to add my voice to the reviewer who said that it's an ecological liability as it will quickly end up in landfill.

Leverage - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Leverage - Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheese, but entertaining cheese., 3 Sept. 2010
I've seen the first season and am now watching the second on FX, and it's entertaining stuff.

A lot of the directing is cheesy, but if you don't mind the "looks to camera" style, and like a bit of humour with your tv drama, then this is well worth a look.

Oh, and having Gina Bellman in something is never a bad thing! Adds a bit of class, makes it a brie, or a camembert...

Countdown: The Game (Wii)
Countdown: The Game (Wii)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

2.0 out of 5 stars Far far too basic, 12 April 2010
I was hoping for a little more from this game. OK, the format is simple, but it's just all done against a blue background, and it's very very dull.

If you're a huge fan of countdown, then it might be worth a punt I suppose, but after one play I think this is destined to be left on the shelf indefinitely!

Page: 1 | 2