Profile for Emily Janet > Reviews

Emily Janet

One Piece At A Time: A DCI Carter novel
One Piece At A Time: A DCI Carter novel

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Book!, 8 Jan. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, so much so that it only took me two days to get through it on my kindle. It was gripping from the start, allowing you to fall head first into the horror that unfolds. I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of research that went into this story, especially on the IT side. I also appreciate the military sayings sprinkled through out the book, coming from a military family myself. The taking your drink Julie Andrews thing especially made me laugh.

I would recommend this book to anyone that doesn't mind the slightly twisted nature of the plot and also isn't afraid to become emotionally invested with the characters. I am just holding out for a sequel!

Mariah Mundi
Mariah Mundi

4.0 out of 5 stars Mariah Mundi - fast paced and fun!, 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Mariah Mundi (Kindle Edition)
I found Mariah Mundi by chance and I'm so glad I did! It is a gripping novel with moments to make you laugh and moments to make you, well not cry but, I think, worry for Mariah and Sacha as they explore and uncover the secrets of The Prince Regent.

I, personaly, love the character of Mariahs freind and fellow employe, Sacha. She is a fisty reble who is, as I proceve it, always up for a laugh and adventure.

It is a fast paced novel with plenty of twists and turns. All though it has been labled the next "Harry Potter" i am not so sure, they are very diffrent books (agine in my opinion)they are both great.

Overall 4 stars!

Pear Shaped
Pear Shaped

4.0 out of 5 stars Brillant!, 28 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Pear Shaped (Kindle Edition)
I Loved this book. I have many insercuretys and this realy helped me laugh about them. I realy felt like i knew Sophie, laughed when she was happy and felt her anger, I also realy envy her job!! This is a great book for anyone whos game for a laugh and dosen't mind the sad/angry. 4/10. (btw i know i can't spell)
Emi x