ARRAY(0xbccd3da4)

The Subsequent Proposal
The Subsequent Proposal
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars It really captured my attention, 11 Feb 2014
Lovely twists, great characterization. Love this Darcy. I heartily recommend it. I wanted it to last longer, I would have loved to hear more from Captain Wentworth.

Plight of the Darcy Brothers: A tale of the Darcys & the Bingleys
Plight of the Darcy Brothers: A tale of the Darcys & the Bingleys
Price: 6.17

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, 22 Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this second volume by Marsha Altman. Lots of surprises in the plot and I like the new characters too, especially the doctor.

Mr. Darcy's Kiss (A Pride and Prejudice Variation)
Mr. Darcy's Kiss (A Pride and Prejudice Variation)
Price: 2.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor indeed, 2 Nov 2013
Full of commonplace phrases and modern expressions that do not fit the language of the period. In terms of plot, it is like a mixture of other P& P variations. This attempt does not really add anything new. Very disappointing!

Mr. Darcy's Letter: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
Mr. Darcy's Letter: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 22 Aug 2013
Lovely take on the love story between Darcy an Elizabeth. I also enjoyed the different outcome for Lydia and Wickham. I did not like this Mr Bingley very much.

A Fair Prospect: Desperate Measures
A Fair Prospect: Desperate Measures
Price: 2.44

4.0 out of 5 stars All tidied up, 5 Jun 2013
I have enjoyed the conclusion of the trilogy, but in some parts it was predictable. I guess that was always going to be the case, as we know from the beginning how it is going to end. I liked Nicholas' character very much, and the lovely Colonel. But, above all, I liked Mr Darcy, which I think is much better than in Miss Austen's original

These Three Remain: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman: 3 (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying, 17 May 2013
Loved it! Enjoyable and credible story from Darcy's point of view. I liked Fletcher and Dy very much. I read Jane Austen's P&P in parallel to get both points of view and it worked very well. Mr Darcy's character is well rounded now and I can understand much better how he underwent such are significant change. I need a bit more of Mr Darcy, so I think I will read the trilogy again shortly.

An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)
An Assembly Such as This (Fitzwilliam Darcy Gentleman)

4.0 out of 5 stars From Mr Darcy's point of view, 17 May 2013
I really enjoyed the story of Pride and Prejudice told through Mr Darcy's eyes and how he interpreted or misimterpreted Elizabeth's behaviour. I like the different characters introduced in Mr Darcy's circle and his relationship to Georgiana, which develops a lot more in the next two volumes.
I recommend it if you have always wanted to know more of Mr Darcy's mind.

A Fair Prospect: Darcy's Dilemma
A Fair Prospect: Darcy's Dilemma
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 17 May 2013
I could not put it down. Well written and as the author is English, no americanisms, which I hate to have in Pride and Prejudice characters. I cannot wait for the third volume.

If Only In His Dreams
If Only In His Dreams
Price: 2.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 27 April 2013
I had to force myself to finish this book so that I could write a review. The characters are not convincing, too sweet, Elizabeth is too compliant with everything. Lots of words misused, inconsistencies in the names of characters, for example Nellie Bosworth is a few lines later Miss Blaine. The plot is preposterous, and in all I think this book is trash and not worth a penny or a minute of your time.

John & Margaret - Coming Home With Me
John & Margaret - Coming Home With Me
Price: 3.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story, appalling grammar and spelling, 20 April 2013
The spelling mistakes, the ungrammatical use of language nearly spoilt the nice story and well developed characters. It would get 4 stars from me but for the careless editing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2013 8:44 AM BST