Profile for georgebridges > Reviews

4,000 Questions
by Barbara Ann Kipfer
Price: 8.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - great conversation starters!!, 19 Mar 2006
This review is from: 4,000 Questions (Paperback)
This is a REALLY good book! Some of it is quite 'american-ised', but in the main, the questions are great! Split into sections ranging from childhood to politics to romance (and yes, sex), everything is covered. It would make a great basis to a party game too....and you never need be stuck for something to say ever again!

The World's Best Simple Bar Tricks
The World's Best Simple Bar Tricks
by Doug Lanksy
Price: 7.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm - not that good!, 19 Mar 2006
Quite disappointed - not much 'new' in here! If you are looking for a book of 'tricks' designed to get a 'wow' reaction - this is NOT it!! Lots of the gimmicks are to do with cigarettes and smoking, so great for the smokers out there - but most of it was not for me! Buy a book of card tricks instead if you want to impress.
I really would not recomemnd this book.

Shakespeare My Butt!: From 'Marsupial Elvis' to 'No Place'... on the Trail of the Pointless Quest
by John Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars A pointless project? Maybe! But an Excellent Read!!, 10 Mar 2006
I got this book as a gift for Christmas...and have only just got round to reading it. VERY funny!! I am not welsh, or a catholic...or a man (!!) but I found the annecdotes hilarious - BBC 'v' ITV? So true!! I used to have to sit in the middle, in the back seat, on long family car journeys, and can empathise completely. And the dog training stuff - those '10 Commandments' are inspired - and they WORK!! My dog has never been so well behaved! Move over Barbara Woodhouse! Well worth buying - as a 'jolly good read', a travel book, a bit of history, insight into a canine brain - it's got everything - I defy you not to laugh - well done Mr Donoghue!!!!! Definately Reccommend!!