Profile for LB > Reviews

Content by LB

LB

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sakura Pigma Micron Drawing Pen 0.2mm Black (005)
Sakura Pigma Micron Drawing Pen 0.2mm Black (005)
Offered by bargainartistshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 22 Jun 2014
The Felt Nib wore flat in a week easily damaged - so can't really recommend this product to anyone !!!

Blacks And Blues
Blacks And Blues

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Blacks And Blues (Audio CD)
I just started listening and got completely absorbed with the precision & harmonics it's definately one of my favorate Jazz fusion albums of all time.... If your into Earth Wind and Fire, Roy Aires that kinda thing of just appreciate outstanding music this is one to cheerish there's nothing to fault about this recording from beginning to end.

SoundScience QSB - 30W USB Desktop Speakers with NXT DyadUSB Technology Rated 5/5 by What HiFi
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget using these as USB speakers and you will unleash the full potential !, 6 Mar 2014
I own two pairs of these speakers I only use the two right channel ones together I discarded the left channel ones that house the usb connection and internal amp etc - the only way to get something good from these is to abandon the left channel ones all together and build some speaker cables into the right channel RCA's and amp them with a T or D amp.

I'd forget totally about using them as usb speakers because you will be very disappointed in terms of audio quality and volume these definately sound better hooked up to somrthing like a TA2020 Tripath amplifier via a Hifimediy or similar dac.

The Sound Sience have got a unique audiophile sound particularly with good recordings of acoustic guitar, vocal harmonics, even a drum solo's, like Karriem Riggins but you need good clean high res recordings and a dac to get the best out of them. They have some mid/upper mids and trebble but very detailed sound so worth buying two pairs to try don't expect much in the way of lower mid or bass - again just not usb speaker which was their intended use.

PS: You can not open these speakers they are sealed unfortunately !!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2014 12:25 AM BST

Dayton Audio DTA-100a 100 Watt Class T Digital Audio Anplifier
Dayton Audio DTA-100a 100 Watt Class T Digital Audio Anplifier

5.0 out of 5 stars Dayton Audio DTA-100a Class-T Digital Amplifier 50 WPC (Black), 18 Feb 2014
This is a Brilliant Amp very nice clean sounding mini audiophile grade amp - got mine in the states as they are very hard to find in europe.

The power range is good for running most kind of speakers with a pockable form factor @ 50 WPC it's more than enough power excellent desktop or compact travelling solution very robust indeed.

I think think the DTA-100a earns it's 5 stars for sure !

SMSL SA-36A 2*20W TA2020 Tripath Class T Amp Stereo Amplifier + Power Adapter...

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done SMSL + Tripath for giving us all something worthy to listen to on our desktops !, 17 Feb 2014
Great LF/Mid it's a warm epic sound for a such a small amp and SMSL have designed built & packaged this amp so well and it now replaces my D Class DA-100a (100W).

I've got it hooked up with an optical source via the dac running into some Cambridge Audio Minx 11's and Sound Science cube speakers fills the room from the desk nicely.The 2020 hasn't burned in yet but I reckon in a month I be hearing any sharp edges to the sound dissipate T class is definately superior in sound than D Class and this confirms it for me.

I can only give this amp a **5*** stars rating as that's all there is and I honestly don't think you are ever going to find an amp that can touch a Tripath 2020 for the money - it's outstanding bit of kit works well with the SMSL's Sanskrit 24/192 Dac which is the revision to the SMSL1955 Dac.

Now go out an get one !!

Camb Minx Min11 Gls Blk (Sgl)
Camb Minx Min11 Gls Blk (Sgl)
Offered by Richer Sounds

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Review for the Minx 11's !, 18 Dec 2013
I recieved my Minx 11's today purchased Via Amazon for £59 each.

My first impressions were good just on looks alone. And they look best and sound best with the grills off !

I compared the Minox 11 to SoundScience QSB's which had a 5 star What Hi-fi and 9/10 on Trusted Review and ok I cheated a bit because I picked up the Sound Science speakers to compare them to for £19.99 a
pair and bought two pairs removing the right channel speakers allowed me to use the two left channel speakers passively as a pair - not usb connected as they were intended connected to the computer QSB's are
designed to run off an amazing 2.5 watts so placing them both on equal par using the same T amp and cables via Fiio D3 24/192 Dac optical from the mac was interesting.

The QSB's curtainly opened up connected via my Mini T amp when otherwise used with usb connectivity offered as standard appeared to be very distorted although to a larger degree lower end destrotion was lost using
a T amp but still QSB's were struggling to manage bass frequency or keep up they had lack of attack and overly laid back unlike the Minx 11's which had no difficulties keeping up with any genre of music put through
them with better timining and there was much less distortion and some decent low mids & upper bass response !

The QSB's rated at 30W seemed to to seperate instruments in a better way making for a more natural retro sound there is a natural and warm and believable sound especially with vocals but in the end I'd say sounded
by comparison a bit out dated but nice for Jazz and Vocals a bit like listening to a mini jukebox.

Given that both had a similar price tag previously with the QSB's costing equally as much I would say the Cambridge Audio is definately giving you something good for your money by comparison and the QSB's had they had the facility to drive them
passively would of been highly overpriced at their orginal RRP as they simply do not work well as a low powered usb speaker designed as a portable speaker.

I have have no experience of the JBL equivalent but would say that the Minx 11 with the sub would rival the Bose Companion 3 System in terms of sound - the only down side is the cost of the Cambridge Audio Subwoofer
X200 at£249 is priced a bit too high for most and if it comes down in price and the Minx 2.1 with subwoofer can be had for the same as the Bose Companion 3 System then many desktop computer users may switch
as I don't think much of Bose's subwoofer as it dosen't sound that great anyway !

So will I be returning my QSB's ?? Well I got a feeling that these will work pretty well together attached to the Minox 11's via a small jumper
cable as they stack well on top of eachother because what one lacks the other makes up for !!

Hat's off to Cambridge Audio for producing a small compact speaker that even works well on the desktop as well as as the home cinema set up...I can seriously see
myself traveling with the Minox 11's and my pocket size T amp it's very much a transportable sound setup.

Conclusion

These are excellent sounding speakers for a desktop or bedroom or Kitchen etc... so highly recommended the only reason I decided on a 4 star rating was because the speakers were (A) slightly forward sounding leaving some detail less defined and slightly muffled. (B) The rear connections were bare wire only a couple of decent terminal posts wouldn't of gone a miss as the holes don't allow for good quality cable (C) a proper desktop stand was included instead of the static wall mount which does not pivot (D) more a wish than anything but a semi hard case like the QSB's would of been nice to for people like me that want to take them on their travels.

Koss KSC75 Clip-On Stereo Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Silver/Black
Offered by Gee Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars They sound amazing amp + dac'd !, 16 Dec 2013
The KSC75 have a excellent nice tonal range and instrument seperation once you put then through a Cmoy Amplifier in my case a JDS Labs one then through a a 24/192 Wolfson Dac optical source you tend to hear a warming up of these headphones any harshness of tones that tend to melt away the trebble otherwise sounds like a ribbon tweeter sometimes would which can bit sharp on the highs but all comes alive !!

I think recabling might help these to if you don't want or don't have the equipment to transform them as mentioned above. I really do see why Koss earphones and some of their headphones are still enjoyed by many.

So yep I recommended these as having their own intriguing envolving signature as a must for the price but won't suit a commuter because they are open backed !!

Live at the Newport Jazz Festi
Live at the Newport Jazz Festi
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Mnd Blowing Live Preformance., 22 Nov 2013
I haven't even recieved my delivery from the US but I am already giving it a five star rating based on the tracks herd on rdio.

Its deffinately a breed of fusion a melting pot of musical jandra....its direct raw inspired and live and energy giving.

If you like first rate Instrumental Jazz Fusion look no further !

Respect Mr Scott

Songs in a Minor
Songs in a Minor
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Recording !, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Songs in a Minor (Audio CD)
Nice quality recording - worth owning as part of your collection. Price paid was good and quality of the item used was as described.

Brateck 17-42 inch LCD Dual Wall Mount - Black
Brateck 17-42 inch LCD Dual Wall Mount - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, 22 Nov 2013
In the box is the arm and mounting plate all the screws and fixings but expect huge plastic clip on casing which fooled me in the image looks solid but the arm is 4 times smaller surrounded by huge plastic pieces that lock together also no portait mode rotation or vertical adjustment for a Monitor. Not very nice and very stiff to move at the joints. Not recommended. Had to Return.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4