Profile for boysetsfire > Reviews

Enough Said [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ James Gandolfini
Price: 12.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Amateurs!, 1 Jun 2014
I ordered this movie on bluray but got a dvd; I think?! The box is a regular dvdbox (so looks nothing like the pic on this page!) on the disc it says dvd; somehow there is a sticker! on the back of the box that says "bluray" ? Huh? It's clearly a dvd I got!! The price of the bluray recently dropped to the price of the dvd too. If you don't have the product do not advertise it!! This is a fraude!! Very unhappy with this kinda behaviour!

Interior. Leather Bar [DVD]
Interior. Leather Bar [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Franco
Offered by fat_buddha
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars blackbelt in BS, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Interior. Leather Bar [DVD] (DVD)
Not sure what James Franco's intentions are with this; he wants to do something for the gaycommunity, break a few barriers or something. At first I thought this was a documentary, along the way I got confused and it started to annoy me because of all the BS conversations/discussions. Then there's the need to put some explicit scenes in it, not sure for what reason, just to shock or something. Lousy film, short, doc, whatever this is. Waste of time and money.

Upstream Color [Blu-ray] [2013] [US Import]
Upstream Color [Blu-ray] [2013] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Shane Carruth
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 16.25

4.0 out of 5 stars shortbus ++++, 25 May 2013
I must say that I always find it a treat when the company who issues a dvd or bluray pays great attention to the packaging, the menus, doesn't annoy me with trailers from movies I don't want to see or worse that I can't skip etc. This release has all this. I saw the poster of this movie on Instagram and got intrigued. Checked out the trailer and was sold. Now after having watched this film I'm (still) not a 100% sure what it's about. But I can say that I really liked it and will watch it again. In contrast to the huge amount of people who watch movies solely for entertainment and do not care about the photography and artdirection of a movie there seem to be a group of people who enjoy watching beautiful things, even if they don't (fully) understand them. This goes for all kinds of art. These people seem to be sick of all the vulgarity that surrounds us ... everywhere and are dying for a dose of beauty. I am surprised but very happy that there is still room and yes money for thes ekind of movies. Take some time to watch something worth while.

Teethed Glory And Injury
Teethed Glory And Injury
Price: 12.81

4.0 out of 5 stars surprise., 6 May 2013
For some reason blackmetal has always intrigued me. I've been on the lockout for a band that appeals to me. What I found over the years though was bands that 1 were too extreme (for me) or 2 bands that mixed black metal with more commercial sounding metal (not my thing either). These guys caught my attention with the video they made for "God Alone", completely original and unexpected (check it out on YouTube). Based on that one song I bought the album and it just blew me away. It has some of the blackmetal characteristics but is so much more. All songs are inventive and unexpected. A real must have for every openminded metal fan. Or just every person who enjoys something special. And maybe this isn't even blackmetal, it's just good music by talented people. Try!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2013 7:16 PM BST

Synecdoche, New York [Blu-ray]
Synecdoche, New York [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Dianne Wiest

4.0 out of 5 stars this one, not so much ..., 14 Mar 2013
Brilliant movie, get the US version though, subtitles, more extra's and the original artwork (who came up with the horrible artwork for the UK release? I hate it when they do that)
On top of all that the US version available at amazon.com is region free. What are you waiting for?

The Master [Blu-ray]
The Master [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 7.36

4.0 out of 5 stars yeah but ..., 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Master [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Excellent movie, but instead of reviewing this bluray before it's release I would like to know something about the extra's; the first thing I notice is that the US release has 2 discs. I know that there was 20 or even more minutes cut for the cinemarelease (144mins), is there any of the cut material on this release? Thank you to anyone who has anything interesting to say.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 8:13 PM GMT

Enlightened - Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Enlightened - Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Laura Dern
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Amy hasn't got it easy ..., 25 Feb 2013
She sure hasn't. She freaked out at the office (because of a jobtransfer after she slept with her boss), lost her job, went for treatment, got her job back, well, she forced her employer to give her her job back, she's divorced, she miscarried, lives with her mother, is in debt (because of the treatment she got); but she's not giving up. The treatment she got turned her into some kind of flower sniffin' hippy who loves everybody, or at least tries to, positive thinking naive silly 40 year old.
Now this kinda thing can only succeed, be funny etc when it's played convincingly, by somebody that gets you to like her, even if she's not all that likeable/together, even neurotic. Laura Dern does all that. The rest of the neurotic cast incl. her druggy ex Luke Wilson and creepy colleague Mike White help her aceiving that.
I enjoyed this so much more than the overhyped "girls".
Looking forward to the second series.

Keep The Lights On [Blu-ray]
Keep The Lights On [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Thure Lindhardt
Price: 8.01

2.0 out of 5 stars maybe I need to see it again?, 8 Dec 2012
I really wanted to like this movie; the trailer is really good(with beautiful music by Arthur Russell). I saw this a few months ago at a local filmfestival; all ready for it; I was expecting alot but got nothing I'm afraid. Most important problem: the two main characters are unbelievable; their fatal love story didn't move me - at all. The pace of the movie is really weird too I think; like it's badly put together; sometimes the story goes too quick and sometimes too slow. I must say that by the end I was completely annoyed with this movie and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Martha Marcy May Marlene [Blu-ray]
Martha Marcy May Marlene [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elizabeth Olsen
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars unsettling, 18 Aug 2012
I saw this movie at the local filmfestival. A last minute deciscion (one I did not regret); I got drawn in by the trailer for this movie. I like movies with a twist; that make me uncomfortable; I love movies that suck you in. It's slow paced; it is; it has this creepy feel to it throughout, unsettling; it is also well acted and well directed ... it gave me the chills; several times (especially the scene where they break into the house; and get caught by the owner); it's in my top 20 of alltime favourite movies. It's also very convincing; that is very important to me. And the open ending is just superb. A must see for everybody who likes something different and twisted.

Everybody's Got It Easy But Me
Everybody's Got It Easy But Me
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 10.92

4.0 out of 5 stars diirrrrty, 21 July 2012
Music for dirty boys and girls; I'm thinking B52s, Smoking Popes; bit of Talking Heads, bit of Cramps; they got my attention with their video for the "galaxy" song (check it out on youtube or pitchfork.tv) ... and I was sold. And it's real catchy too, so fans of the Black Keys should enjoy this as well. A must check out band.

Page: 1 | 2