Profile for Popeye > Reviews

Trixie My Kitty Darling Carpet For Scratching And Playing, 59X39cm, Violet
Trixie My Kitty Darling Carpet For Scratching And Playing, 59X39cm, Violet
Offered by Zoo Galaxie

4.0 out of 5 stars Big and fairly sturdy., 17 Sep 2014
Seems reasonably well made, quite big and approved by Her Majesty The Cat. She has shown no interest in the two attached furry balls, but that's just her. It's been well scratched and sat on at times. Foam rubber underside probably good for avoiding damage to wooden flooring, but could deteriorate if badly mistreated, so one star deducted. However, I think it's probably fine for any normal cat use.

Cat Scratcher Play Centre Scratch and Roll Kitten 34x30cm
Cat Scratcher Play Centre Scratch and Roll Kitten 34x30cm
Offered by FINE STAR

3.0 out of 5 stars One mat, not two., 17 Sep 2014
Just to clarify things, the picture shows two mats of different sizes, but what you actually get is one mat. Our cat took to scratching it and sitting on it straight away. Although described as kitten sized, it's actually fine for a small to medium adult cat to curl up on. A couple of points deducted because, when I accidentally stood on it, I found that the roll is fixed (not all that well) to the mat by just a few staples. Sewn would have been better for safety.

Automatic LED Night Light - Plug in & Energy Saving Dusk 2 Dawn LED Night Light Sensitive Night Light
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright and no problems so far., 15 Aug 2014
Very bright and no problems so far. This is plugged into a hallway socket at night so that it's possible to see the way downstairs to the toilet without disturbing other people by switching lights on. It's ideal for this sort of thing. Might be a bit too much if you just want a very soft light for a child's bedroom or something, but you could try it and if too bright, keep it for the sort of use we put it to in a hallway or on a landing.

Crocs Unisex-Adult Specialist Vent Navy Back Strap Sandal 10074-410-010 10 UK
Crocs Unisex-Adult Specialist Vent Navy Back Strap Sandal 10074-410-010 10 UK
Offered by jellyegg

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing off and too narrow for me., 15 Aug 2014
I bought a size 10 based on some old Crocs I had, which actually fit my size 11 feet with room to spare. These came in much smaller (so order at least your normal shoe size if trying them) and they were narrower than I expected; certainly narrower than my old Crocs. I found the ridges at the toe end uncomfortable and intrusive as well, but that may just be because of the sizing issue. So - not for me, but might be okay for you if you don't have problem feet. Just watch the size issue. I eventually bought some Crocs RXs instead for my iffy old feet.

Merrell Mens Chameleon Wrap Slam Lace Up Trekking and Hiking Shoes J86267 Dusty Olive 12 UK, 47 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy larger than usual, 15 Aug 2014
As many reviews suggest, sizing is a bit off with these shoes. I would normally wear an 11 to 11.5 in a walking shoe. Size 12 seems to fit me more or less like an 11.5. Occasionally, I think I should maybe even have gone for a 12.5. I would say go up at least half a size from your normal fit and very probably a full size, especially if you intend wearing thick walking socks. If only wearing thin socks, just half a size up might do. Once they're on, they are pretty comfy, although I wouldn't mind just a touch more width in the toe end (but I have bad feet). They are quite wide in the toe box though and the lacing is flexible enough to allow you to vary the tightness all the way from toe to tongue, so most people are probably going to find these a good fit. The midsole and insole are quite springy to give a bit of cushioning and the shape of the shoe seems to be capable of giving decent support if laced up properly. The sole seems quite grippy and tough to me, but I haven't had chance to really challenge them yet. It is supposed to be possible to leave them fully laced and just slip them on and off. What I do instead (and recommend) is just undo the lace at the top. The rest of the lacing seems to stay in place and you can get your foot in and out quickly without damaging the shoe (or your foot) and it only takes a second or two to undo or retie the bow at the top of the laces. They are also vegan-friendly, which is another reason I bought them, as well as all the reviews saying how comfortable they are.

Draper 05176 19 LED Rechargeable Lamp
Draper 05176 19 LED Rechargeable Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant so far. Looks promising., 15 Aug 2014
So far, so good. Haven't had much success with 'normal' big torches of this sort in the past. They're usually great for a few months then they won't recharge properly and don't hold their charge all that long to start with. I'm hoping for much better luck with this. So far the charge seems to last for ages compared with normal big torches. I've only charged it a couple of times. It's fairly light to carry and the light is very impressive in its reach and in the clarity that the whiter light of the LEDs gives compared to the more yellowy light of a normal bulb. Based on experience of this torch so far, it is highly recommended.

Town & Country Large Ultimax Multitask Gardening Gloves for Men
Town & Country Large Ultimax Multitask Gardening Gloves for Men

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough and comfortable - recommended., 15 Aug 2014
Check the Ultimax website for their print-out size guide before ordering. Use that and sizing seems reliable. I'm vegetarian, so don't want to buy leather work gloves (and usually found them a poor fit in the past anyway). These are pretty tough, comfortable and well fitting. I had my last pair quite a long time and gave them a very hard life. I ordered two pairs this time to make sure I have a new pair without having to search again when the first pair of the new ones eventually wears out. That's how much I like them. One star deducted for not being quite tough enough on the underside to keep all nettles and thorns at bay when gardening (but then they would probably be less flexible and comfortable). I recommend them for general gardening, shifting stones and building materials and other such DIY jobs.

CROCS RELIEF UNISEX CLOG (11 UK, CHOCOLATE)
CROCS RELIEF UNISEX CLOG (11 UK, CHOCOLATE)
Offered by Number 31 Frinton

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem okay so far, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: CROCS RELIEF UNISEX CLOG (Apparel)
Crocs sizes seem a bit all over the place, especially if you base the size on ones you've had for a while. However, I would say these size 11s fit pretty much like you might expect a loose size 11 clog to fit if you have feet that measure 10.5 on a boot shop scale, but normally wear size 11 to 11.5. I don't think they're quite as wide and human foot shaped as my old outdoor Crocs that don't even seem to be made any more (they show as size 10 on the sole), but they are reasonably comfortable and have a slightly thicker sole. Comfort levels seem to improve as I carry on wearing them. Bought to use as slippers since normal slippers just never seem comfortable to me (usually too hot, tight and flimsy soled for my liking). These directly replace a pair of Crocs Mammoths (size 11 on sole) that have a non-replaceable fleecy liner that is washable, but still wears out and mats uncomfortably. I haven't really tried them outside, but the odd trip out to the bin, etc, suggests they are probably quite comfy and squashy underfoot. Not too cold on bare feet either.

Lily's Kitchen Organic Fish Dinner Cat Food 100g
Lily's Kitchen Organic Fish Dinner Cat Food 100g
Offered by All Mall Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try for your cat's health, 15 Aug 2014
Ageing cat has kidney disease, so is mainly on a special diet. However, part of the disease (in addition to normal fussiness) is that her appetite can be poor. Getting special kidney diet food down her isn't always successful. I bought a few of these to try since the chicken one is described as being suitable for renal protection and all flavours have high moisture content and the protein that is in them is claimed to be high quality (so should be easier to digest than lower quality stuff), all organic, ethically sourced, etc. Results from a cat jury of one are mixed, but she is very fussy. Her initial response was very good, but varies now that the novelty has worn off. Even if your cat is in good health, the product info about only putting in high quality protein (meat) makes good sense for disease prevention and the ethical stance on the farmed contents (if farming and killing animals can ever be described as ethical) makes them at least worth a try.

Lily's Kitchen Organic Chicken Dinner For Cats 100g