Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Subscribe and Save Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Gearodin > Reviews

Content by Gearodin

Gearodin

Page: 1 | 2
Henry's Demons: Living with Schizophrenia, a Father and Son's Story
Henry's Demons: Living with Schizophrenia, a Father and Son's Story
by Patrick Cockburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Having some family experience of this disorder, I found ..., 1 Feb. 2015
Having some family experience of this disorder, I found Patrick and Henry Cockburn's book, 'Henry's Demons', deeply moving and enlightening. The story told from Patrick's standpoint describes so eloquently the family's reaction when faced with such an extremely difficult illness, and their constant vigilance while Henry was encountering very challenging episodes of it. The sub-title 'Living with Schizophrenia' vividly expresses just that. Henry tells his story with marvellous lucidity, illuminating my perception of this condition as never before, despite long years of being closely involved with it. He and his father Patrick, have my deepest thanks for bringing a whole new insight to my understanding of this very complex illness.

L'Oreal Serie Expert Shampoo 1500 ml, Silver
L'Oreal Serie Expert Shampoo 1500 ml, Silver
Offered by Beautiful Barnets

5.0 out of 5 stars It is my experience since using L'Oreal Expert Silver Shampoo for Grey and White Hair that my hair has now a really good shine a, 12 Oct. 2014
I had been using blonde colour on my hair for several years but, as I found it very drying, quite some time ago I decided to grow it out. It is my experience since using L'Oreal Expert Silver Shampoo for Grey and White Hair that my hair has now a really good shine and is a warm silver/blue tone on what naturally had been really quite a dull grey colour; I now no longer need conditioner. My hair looks and feels much healthier and I no longer need to spend time and money on expensive blonde colouring.

Miss L Fire Womens Rosita Slingback ROSITANAVY Navy 5 UK, 38 EU
Miss L Fire Womens Rosita Slingback ROSITANAVY Navy 5 UK, 38 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing pair!, 1 Jun. 2014
For me, a very good purchase, and although more expensive than I would normally pay, are worth it. Lightweight but strong, Not too high. Soft leather gives a really comfortable feel. Having a slightly broad left foot I thought at first they may be too narrow over the instep, but having walked about in them for a while realised that there was no pressure on any area that causes me a problem. The lovely colour combination means they're wearable with various outfits. The yellow trim appears to be grosgrain, which sets the shoe off very well and gives it a lovely finish. I'm very happy with the choice.

Rohde Womens Slippers 2176 90 Black 5 UK, 38 EU
Rohde Womens Slippers 2176 90 Black 5 UK, 38 EU
Offered by Schuhparadiso

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy., 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Rohde Womens 2176 Slippers (Shoes)
I have worn these slippers and I'm satisfied on several levels. They give me a sense of safety, because they're nice and sturdy in comparison to other types of slippers, and I feel, as an older woman that is important. They're also light, comfortable, warm and look like shoes. They're comparatively broad fitting, but I feel they would not be suitable for anyone with bunions, to be honest.

Prince Leopold: The Untold Story of Queen Victoria's Youngest Son
Prince Leopold: The Untold Story of Queen Victoria's Youngest Son
by Charlotte Zeepvat

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unsung Hero., 4 Feb. 2013
This biography of Prince Leopold is outstanding in its detailed account of this deeply sensitive man. Charlotte Zeepvat has explored every avenue of his life, and in doing so allows us to encounter him on many different levels, thereby revealing a wonderful, resilient and very fine human being. His struggle to break free from his imperious and dictatorial mother is told with enormous insight, but makes heartrending reading. A really great biography.

French Connection Women's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap FC1072GS

4.0 out of 5 stars Low Cost - High Visibility!, 17 Dec. 2012
I was looking for a ladies watch that I could see without my glasses and that wouldn't break the bank, and this does the business. It's very large, and I have a smallish wrist, (six and a half inches) but as I use it daily going about my various activities, I am happy not to have to fumble for my glasses every time I need to check the time. The colour is light gold tone and the stones are tiny, so I think it may not appeal to anyone wanting to impress, but its appearance is quite acceptable. The strap is a dark chestnut colour with a faux crocodile design in genuine leather. Having used it now for a couple of weeks I would recommend it on the basis that it fulfills all my requirements at very low cost.

Betty Barclay Women's Quartz Watch with Brown Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap 202 60 311 949

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift option!, 13 Nov. 2012
I ordered this watch as a birthday present for a younger sister and haven't presented it as yet, so can't comment on the features related to its use, but I'm quite impressed with its 'high fashion' look. The brown and gold combination gives it great eye appeal, and as these colours are now very much on trend it would be a good choice for those who wear creams, beiges, chocolate and coffee colours. I should point out that there is a slight hue of bronze through the gold. It is very affordable and that is a big plus when looking for really nice gifts. I ordered it and received it in 4 days, so no complaints there!!! All in all, a very satisfactory purchase. Thank you, Amazon.

The Last Princess: The Devoted Life of Queen Victoria's Youngest Daughter
The Last Princess: The Devoted Life of Queen Victoria's Youngest Daughter
by Matthew Dennison

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess Beatrice - Victoria's 'Baby', 1 May 2012
This wonderful biography of Princess Beatrice, Victoria's youngest child, covers every aspect of her life. Adored but dominated by her mother, it tells of the self-sacrificing life she lived in the service of her mother, and the stand she had to make to break free.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for your jewellery collection, 1 May 2012
These clip on earrings are very wearable; they are good-looking, comfortable and flattering, they will enhance formal or everyday wear. They can be worn with either gold or silver jewellery. All round, a very good buy.

Queen Victoria's Children
Queen Victoria's Children
by John Van der Kiste

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen Victoria's Children, 1 May 2012
All you ever wanted to know about the family life of Victoria and Albert. Her relationship with each of her children, some loving and intimate, and others', turbulent and fraught; the dynamics of these relationships, and how each of these children went on to fulfil their own destiny. An excellent portrayal of life and living in the most privileged and iconic family of the era.

Page: 1 | 2