Profile for Mr Ironbrew > Reviews

Content by Mr Ironbrew

Mr Ironbrew (Boston, Lincs)

Suede
Suede
Offered by zoverstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Suede - Remastered, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Suede (Audio CD)
Quite simply this album is brilliant. A superb debut in itself, now repackaged with live recordings, early demos and a DVD of live performances, this album is not to be missed, even if you bought it first time around. The B-sides are just as good as (if not better than) the main recording with personal favourites 'He's Dead' and 'My Insatiable One' particularly noteworthy.

I've already asked for the similarly repackaged Dog Man Star as a Christmas present.

As Good As It Gets - The Best Of Gene
As Good As It Gets - The Best Of Gene

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 8 Jan 2011
I was a huge Britpop fan but never really got in to Gene. Having stumbled upon the 'Greatest Hits' I thought I would treat myself seeing as the CD was such a low price.

This album is worth every penny - I now can't believe how I never really 'got' Gene as a teenager. Every track is awesome, my favourites being early single 'Sleep Well Tonight', 'Be My Light, Be My Guide' and 'Speak to Me Someone' - an incredibly moving (and uplifting!) song about depression.

I totally recommend this album to anyone who is/was a big fan of British music as a great introduction to one of the best British bands of the 90's. I'm just gutted that I never got to see them live now!

AQA AS Business Studies (Second Edition)
AQA AS Business Studies (Second Edition)
by Gwen Coates

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Business Studies A-Level book in my opinion, 8 Nov 2009
I teach the AQA AS Business Studies course in a secondary school and in my opinion this is by far the best text book to accompany the course. Although not specifically endorsed by AQA, the level of detail and depth that this book goes in to is excellent, and just about right for A-Level. I have also read the Surridge book (very poor - just the same as their old text book except rearranged for the new course), the Stimpson et al book (good, written specfically for AQA however not enough depth), along with various others, and this is without doubt the most comprehensive. My only criticism (and it's not really a criticism) is that at times it gives more information than requested in the AQA syllabus; however the points never come across as confusing or particularly complex.

As a teacher the exercises in the book are great for homeworks and classroom activities too. There are tasks and exam style questions for each chapter of the book. I have ordered a copy for each of my students.