Profile for K. Roberts > Reviews

Content by K. Roberts

K. Roberts "La Preguiceira" (Galicia, Spain,)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Blue - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
The Blue - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh gosh, what a nail-biter, 11 May 2014
I couldn't put this down. Galloped through it and kept whimpering 'no...aw no'. This is addictive writing. Please hurry up Mr Turkot and publish the other parts! I loved the tension, the humanity, the compassion for cold extremities and the joy of the characters seeing different colours and horizons.

The Snow (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
The Snow (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Gnashing of teeth as I bought the five books separately and again, a total page turner, 11 May 2014
*Spoiler-free review*
Do read 'The Rain' first. It's better to have a deeper understanding of the characters and how they interact. I was unable to stop reading this. Thank goodness for odd illnesses and having to rest, as it gave me the excuse to keep reading. Trying not to squeak 'oh no!' in the middle of the night is difficult.
I really enjoy Joseph Turkot's novels. I'd never come across any of them in the HUGE list of post-apocalyptic/dystopian genre and there are no zombies. Phew!
The first thing I did this morning was to log on and buy 'The Blue' part one. Part One??? Oh dear, I'll have to wait.

The Rain (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
The Rain (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent page-turner, 11 May 2014
I don't write reviews with spoilers.
Joe Turkot's first part of Rain is relentlessly soggy, drippy, cold and miserable. I was wondering just how the main characters were going to get to the end of all five books without dissolving, but I couldn't stop reading it.
I suspect that the author can see the action in his mind, like a movie. It runs at that pace, the reader can feel and see the cold and damp.
It's a first person novel, rather like The Hunger Games narratives and is all the better for that. I'm glad I bought this.

Cello exam pieces, complete syllabus 20102015, Grade 4 (ABRSM Exam Pieces)
Cello exam pieces, complete syllabus 20102015, Grade 4 (ABRSM Exam Pieces)
by ABRSM
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 13.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Note: This is the CD accompaniment and doesn't include the sheet music, 24 April 2014
It is performed by two cellists, both with different styles of playing and it really helps the pupil to learn the pieces - or solo with just the piano accompaniment.
I thought the ABRSM had published all the pieces in one book (as per the piano or other instruments), but times haven't changed much!
The CD information is very good - it tells the parent or teacher or adult beginner which books each piece comes from and they are easily found online.
I'll be buying more of these CDs once I track down and buy all the printed music.

The Harvest
The Harvest
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars I would have given this book 5 stars but..., 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Harvest (Kindle Edition)
The grammatical errors were teeth-grindingly awful.
Please, please Anne Ferretti, ask a friend to proof-read the next book as your story is excellent.
I rather enjoyed the homage to the original Stargate movie and I didn't see the Eve twist coming.
There are chapters that are page turners until suddenly a dreadful typo comes up and grrr, I'm frustrated with the writing again.

Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro
Mozart: Le nozze di Figaro
Price: 38.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant recording!, 24 Mar 2014
Every note was as clear as a bell. The cast were the top singers of that time and I am loving every minute of it. Okay, it wasn't cheap, but definitely worth the money.

The Black Hole - Cello Spike Floor Protector
The Black Hole - Cello Spike Floor Protector
Offered by RayGar
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential kit for a cellist, 24 Mar 2014
This 'does what it says on the tin'. It's small, fits easily into the cello bag and I'm very pleased that I purchased this.

Lord of All Things
Lord of All Things
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A subtle and unforgettable novel, 18 Feb 2014
Thanks to Amazon for recommending this.
I won't write spoilers, but the story of Hiroshi and Charlotte is endearing. The nanotech science is believable and Charlotte's 'gift' is very intriguing.
There were a few moments of 'um, this seems familiar', but the familiarities soon twisted into something more believable and at times, unfortunate, for the recipients of the nanotech.
I spent about 30 minutes after finishing this fine novel, just trying to put it in to various mental pigeonholes. If you like Kim Stanley Robinson, Gregory Benford, Greg Bear (The Forge of God and Anvil of Stars) then you will enjoy this. I did.

Here's Looking At You
Here's Looking At You
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 26 Dec 2013
Mhairi McFarlane writes for women like me. Her first book was a great read and I was really looking forward to her next and it has not disappointed me.
I loved Ana, smart, brave and intellectual. Her courage to keep going after her awful school experience was so moving.
Please keep writing Mhairi - you rock!

The Last Letter from Your Lover
The Last Letter from Your Lover
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 24 Nov 2013
It's a classy read, with an amazing twist. A very, very good novel indeed. Jo Joy Moyes descriptions of life for the well-to-do was like watching a Hitchcock movie, with Grace Kelly as the star. I really enjoyed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6