Profile for ernie294 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Stolen Child
Stolen Child

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good read, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Stolen Child (Kindle Edition)
Bought this on offer to read on my new kindle.
Didn't disappoint and have thoroughly enjoyed the storyline.
I think I bought it on a special offer 99p so well worth the price.

Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - With Special Offers [Previous Generation]

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite pleased with it, 28 Dec. 2012
Wanted a kindle for Xmas, something for just reading books as I already have an ipad but it was just too heavy an cumbersome to carry around for this one reason.
Was going to buy the original kindle but received an email offering the kindle fire for £99 so bought it.
Started to regret it once I ordered it as I heard that the kindle fire was a lot heavier and bulkier than the one I originally wanted but went back to reading the reviews, which were mostly positive which reassured me.
Anyway I have received it and decided to keep it cause I'm quite impressed.
Yes it's a lot thicker and heavier than the original kindle but it's quite compact (same size as a reading book) and fits quite nearly in my handbag.
I have downloaded some music on it, using the free voucher I had from amazon after purchasing it and the sound quality is quite good. Relatively easy to use with the added feature of using wifi to surf the web if need be.
All in all I'm very pleased that I stayed with the kindle fire although I have thought that I should have upgraded to the HD version for a few xtra pounds but then I have the ipad for all the other things I need to do online.

NETGEAR WN2000RPT-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
NETGEAR WN2000RPT-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, 28 Dec. 2012
We were experiencing black spots in our house where the wifi wouldn't reach, mainly the one room we all chill out in so I went looking for a solution. I researched many products and wanted something preferably under £50 which was easy to set up.
I came across this product and read the reviews which were mainly very positive and recommended it.
Bought it in amazon as it was £10 cheaper than Argos and am very, very pleased with it.
It's basically a matter of plugging it in, pressing a button on you original wifi box and hey presto we now have wifi all over the house, including the bathroom!!

MOFRED® Purple Executive Leather Multi Function Standby Case for iPad Mini / iPad Mini with Retina Display (iPad Mini 2) with Built in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Multiple Colors)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not at all impressed with this., 28 Dec. 2012
Bought these to protect the mini iPad our daughter was having for Xmas.
Wish I hadn't bothered as they really are cheap and nasty.
Ipad doesn't fit snugly at all in the case and tends to move about in there.
Also I don't like the overlap around the screen as you have to pull the ipad out of the case to play some games as it restricts a part of the screen.
Honestly I will keep the case just so that we have something to protect the expensive ipad until I find a better alternative. I have a case that the ipad just pops into by the corners which doesn't restrict the use of the ipad at all but protects the front and back and that's what I will be looking out for to protect my daughters ipad.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2013 8:50 PM GMT

Meripac Complete Window Feeder
Meripac Complete Window Feeder
Offered by etailz UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
Loved the idea of these and bought them for my dad and dad in law for Xmas as they both love nature.
I was rather disappointed and embarrassed when they opened them to find the item in many bits in the box which looked like nothing, not even a picture on the outside of what they were.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 28 Dec. 2012
Bought this for my mum for Xmas and she seemed quite impressed with it. She loves gardening but has arthritis in her both knees so struggles quite a lot.
I like the idea you can use it as a kneeler with handles on either side to help her up to the standing position or as a stool she can sit on.

VTech Octobubble Orchestra
VTech Octobubble Orchestra

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy, 28 Dec. 2012
Bought this as a Xmas present for our 11 month old child and she loves it.
Lots of things to occupy her with, including a bubble blower which she loves, music, things to press and lots more.

Orchard Toys Big Digger
Orchard Toys Big Digger

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality item, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Orchard Toys Big Digger (Toy)
I love orchard toys especially their jigsaws.
This is very well made and solid jigsaw and can even withstand our three year old boy playing with it every day.

Munchkin Star Fountain
Munchkin Star Fountain
Offered by BabySecurity

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive little toy, 28 Dec. 2012
My 11 month old daughter loves this and constantly reaches out for it to play with.
It has an impressive fountain when placed in the water.
The only concern is how long will the three AAA batteries last as it will stay on as long as you turn it off.
Also there is a very bright blue light that comes on with the fountain which is very, very bright.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 28 Dec. 2012
These were bought for my daughter who has horses after constantly been trodden on by her four legged friends.
She is an adult size 4 in footwear but I decided to order the size 3 after reading the reviews.
They fit her perfectly and look really good, not too heavy and cumbersome on her feet.
She wears them every day for mucking out and horse care but then wears them with chaps for a smart look when riding.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6