ARRAY(0xadf3d3cc)

Fierce Angel Presents Fierce Disco V
Price: 11.76

5.0 out of 5 stars It has arrived!!!, 6 Mar 2012
It has arrived!!! Fierce Angel - Fierce Disco V

I have to say that the Fierce Disco series from Fierce Angel has been my favourite from the start, and after waiting patiently for this release, I have to say that it's the best yet.

The CD has 24 full length mixes on offer, and opens with Rita Campbell & Chris Tall - `Caught Up (In A One Night Love Affair), and it certainly sets the pace for the rest of disc one quiet nicely. A big combination of strings, piano and trumpet stabs on top of this great vocal makes this a great funky house opener. This is followed by Ultra Nate & Michelle Williams - `Waiting On You', with an absolutely gorgeous piano riff and a kick-ass baseline that will cause havoc on any dance floor.

Eric Kupper's remix of Soroya Vivian Vs Digital 96 - 'When I'm Dancing' is the perfect example of the kind of funky disco tracks you can expect from Fierce. Again, lovely big trumpet stabs and an awesome vocal. My favourite track on disc one is `Charlie' by The Phantom's Revenge (Vandalism's Disco Rub)... it's a real driver with it's choppy vocal samples, funky guitar riffs and summer piano sound - One for the BBQ season I think.

One thing about this CD stands out for sure... there are no fillers. Every track is a huge floor filler, with the likes of House Republic's - 'Nuggetz' (a re-think of M&S's Salsoul Nugget [If u wanna]) and Samuel Sartini Ft Katherine Ellis - `Jumping', the floors (and BBQs) will certainly be jumping to these tunes for quite some time to come.

Disc two, starts off with my favourite Diva... Bonnie Bailey. To my delight, Bonnie has two tracks on this disc! We open with `Sweetest Night' which again gives us an insight to what to expect from the rest of the disc... cooler, and a bit more laid back, but still as crowd pleasing. The synth's work really well with Bonnie's unique and amazing voice. Gorgeous, almost `ballad like' breakdowns build into into huge synth's that have a real emotional feel to them. Serge Deviant is up next featuring the haunting vocals of Coyle Girelli on `On Your Own', at track that I think has some cross-over potential.

Tommie Sunshine collaborates with Disco Fries on `Don't Look Back, which in my opinion has the smell of commercial success to it. A great vocal here that will destroy dance floors all over the world. Another track from Disco Fries (Ft Niles Mason) - `Born To Fly' is a stomper. Big Brassy Stabs and a bassline that reminds me of some of Olav Basoski's greatest work. This drives! Matt Aubery & Holevar Ft Larae Starr - `Let Me Go' is another synthy electronic number that lifts the CD up a level.
The Bassmonkeys Ft Lyck - `Embrace My Heart' (Oxford Hustlers Mix) immediately made me think of Ibiza. A real feel good summer `hands in the air' vibe to it. I wasn't much into the Colton Ford track `Let Me Live Again' (WAWA mix) - Very commercial sounding, and typical of WAWA (Although I have liked some of their stuff in the past). Bonnie's second track on the album `The Little Things', with The Fierce Collective on the mix, is a great remix, however I still prefer the original.

Denmark & Manna with Max'c - `You Don't Know' finishes off the album, and a great way to do it to. Uplifting and instantly stuck in my head.

All in all, this is a MUST BUY for all house music lovers and DJ's alike. It will be the soundtrack to this coming Spring and well into the Summer of 2012. There are no fillers on this album - something that is extremely rare on dance compilations. I take my proverbial hat off to Mark Doyle.

The CD release features luxury packaging with unique artwork from Jason Jaroslav Cook. The digital download is available in two formats: the Silver Edition, which is only available on iTunes, featuring 24 tracks in the mix; and the Gold Edition, which is available on all download sites and includes 24 full length tracks and two DJ mixes from Mark Doyle, the head of Fierce.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 9:17 PM GMT