Profile for L. Clarkson > Reviews

Content by L. Clarkson

L. Clarkson (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Miele S380, S381, S2000, S4000, S5000 and S6000 series vacuum cleaner turbobrush tool
Offered by Selectric London Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Cylinder vacuum + carpets - backache = Good cleaning in good time., 10 Nov. 2014
Brilliant!! Moved from a house with wood floors to carpets. This works very very well. It picks up the cat hairs and anything else in its path. It is easy to move around too.

To Defy A King (William Marshal Book 5)
To Defy A King (William Marshal Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 10 Nov. 2014
I really enjoyed this book. Well written with very good characters that are well developed. I have learned more about the ruthless politics of this interesting time. We just glossed over this period in history at school. Why was that so boring!! It didn't have to be! Great characters. It's good to read about strong female characters from history. There has been a resurgence in this recently. A different take on what was going on at the time. Difficult times indeed.

Brown Kraft Paper Bags - 10" x 10" - (1 pack = 100 bags)
Brown Kraft Paper Bags - 10" x 10" - (1 pack = 100 bags)
Offered by Globe Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Use these and do the planet a favour., 10 Nov. 2014
Excellent! Great for keeping bread in. Note these are not greaseproof. Not so good for sarnies. Keeps the bread well though. It reduces the drying out without inducing mould. These are big enough for my random shaped loaves. Much better for the planet too.

The Log Book - Getting The Best From Your Woodburning Stove
The Log Book - Getting The Best From Your Woodburning Stove

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Nov. 2014
Very informative. I learned stuff even though I have had a stove for a while. Definitely worth reading.

Greaseproof Paper Bags - 10" x 10" - (1 pack = 100 bags)
Greaseproof Paper Bags - 10" x 10" - (1 pack = 100 bags)
Offered by Venus Packaging Solutions Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better for the planet than plastic, 10 Nov. 2014
Save the planet - use these instead of plastic sandwich bags. I use these to bring my toast to work with me. They work well with sandwiches too. Much better for the planet than plastic. I am totally converted. They are cheap too. Last time I had 8*8s which were a bit tight for some things. I make my own bread so the size and shape of the sarnies can be a bit random. (I use brown ones to keep my bread in.)

12 Pack 30 x 30cm Microfibre Magic Cleaning Cloths.three color(blue,coffee,green)Chemical Free Cleaning. Anti Bacterial Microfibre Cloths fo car towels Cleaning Accessories. (12pack 30 x 30cm)
Offered by yinglite general merchandise

Deluxe 6Amp 2 Way Ceiling Switch Antique Brass and Crystal Feature FPK3-XT-50
Deluxe 6Amp 2 Way Ceiling Switch Antique Brass and Crystal Feature FPK3-XT-50
Offered by Epsom Bathroom Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent!! Nice switch with a nice action, 10 Nov. 2014
Excelent!! Nice switch with a nice action. This is the second one of these I have used. I had one in my previous house too. It looks smart - much better than nylon string and a bit of plastic on the end. It has enough weight to be easy to find in the dark - it doesn't go flying around. There are times when you need light fast... like when the cat has just brought something in to show you and dropped it to announce her arrival with gift and gift has legged it...... Joy.

Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
Fall of Giants (The Century Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it and weep., 3 Nov. 2014
I learned more about what lay behind WW1 here than anywhere else. Ken Follett turns is extraordinary skill of story telling and building believable characters to this turbulent period in history. I am indebted to him for it. The story is told like a diamond, with different facets from different sides and stratas of the world as it disolved into chaos.

I dare say it's a bit of a simplification of some of the finer points of politics but it does tell the story from the point of view of the man and woman in the street and the corridors of power. I will never forget the part about the telegram boy delivering his news to the welsh mining village. It's descriptions like this that really bring home the horror of it all and how misguided and devastating the idea of the "Pals army" was.

It shows that the men who gave their lives changed the world for ever. Society became a bit more egalitarian as far as the winners were concerned. Do go and read the sequel covering the between war years, particularly in Germany and then on through the second world war.

I finished it feeling I understood more about the machinations of power that led to WW1 and it's terrible aftermath. It was the start of something huge.

The Tudor Princess
The Tudor Princess

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather one dimesional, 28 May 2014
I prefer these type of novels that tell you a bit more of the politics of the time. This one doesn't. The central character is not very "real". No depth of character. Similarly with the characters around her. No emotional depth which makes characters come to life. Fine if you want something light. I expect a bit more from a book as I spend precious time reading them, I like to get something more out of them.

Love2Sleep TERRY TOWELLING WATERPROOF MATTRESS PROTECTOR KING SIZE : NON NOISY (CRINKLE FREE). 100% COTTON PILE TOP.
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 27 Aug. 2013
It is indeed quiet and it doesn't make you sticky at night. Skirt that fits round mattress is not the strongest. I haven't had to try washing one of these yet, neither has it had to contend with any major disasters yet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5