Profile for C. Hall > Reviews

Content by C. Hall

C. Hall (U.K.)

Poirot Blu-ray Boxset (Murder On The Orient Express / Death On The Nile / Evil Under The Sun)
Dvd ~ Albert Finney

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy the Italian version, 10 Feb 2014
I have to agree with Martyn Cros, and suggest you buy the Italian version of this set.

The Italian version has the English soundtrack and optional subtitles, if needed.

The Italian set also contains the Marple film, The Mirror Crack'd.
This film is included in the UK DVD release of these films, so makes a four film set. I assume that the Marple film was included in the DVD set as it was directed by Guy Hamilton, who also directed Evil Under The Sun.

I paid £23.44 including delivery from Italy, and it only took 4 days to reach me.

I'm glad I didn't buy the UK version of this Blu-ray set, as again with so many discs here, we seem to get the short straw with quality.

As for the films, I enjoy watching them regularly, and am very pleased with the versions that I bought from abroad.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Copy of the real thing, 19 Jun 2009
I have a real PedEgg (the first one out and not a copy), that was purchased from Wilkinsons, and it is very good.
It really removes dry skin, without touching the soft skin around it.

I have to go to a podiatrist regularly (health reasons). Plus I have appliances that fit into my shoes, that do tend to cause harder skin to form. Out of all the things I have either bought, or been given by the podiatrist, the PedEgg is by far the best.

Looking at this item, and going off the other reviews, this thing is a copy. The real one says "Ped Egg Professional" on the side, where this, in the image, says "Foot Egg".

The real thing clips together very well, and doesn't fall apart. Plus it comes with 2 dark grey oval adhesive emery pads.

The real deal is available all over the place. Tesco have had them, plus they've stocked the other version with the long handle. I have a feeling Homebase has had them too. Basically anywhere that has those JML TV stands will normally have them.

Get the real one, it's very good.

Power Devil PDGSV1600N Garden Vac 1600W
Power Devil PDGSV1600N Garden Vac 1600W

1.0 out of 5 stars Really NOT worth the money, 28 Oct 2007
I bought one of these leaf blower/vacuums a couple of years ago and it was hardly ever used.

It is far too heavy.

The wheels are useless, as it puts the opening to the tube too close to the ground. When in "suck mode", stones and other unsuitable debris go up the tube.
In "blow mode", think about the tube opening being too close to the ground, and the tube curves downwards making the opening more horizontal to the ground. This all adds up to the machine blowing air directly at the ground instead of across the ground. Basically this scatters leaves away from you in a fan shape, and you being unable to direct the matter properly. This effect also digs holes in any pebbled areas.

Due to the weight and basic uselessness of the item, it's only been used about 3 times in the 2 years or so we've had it.
So, last week when we decided it was time to try again, and the lever that changes the thing from suck to blow snapped off..................
Well you can guess the colour of the air!

DO NOT BUY THIS POWER DEVIL GARDEN VAC, IT'S RUBBISH.

Fortunately for us one of the big DIY sheds had an offer on and we got a replacement for £10!

This new one has 2 tubes, 1 for suck and 1 for blow. Ok so you have to swap them over but at least theres no levers and flaps to go wrong.
This new one also has straight tubes that blow across the ground and make moving leaves a doddle.
Plus it's about half the weight of the Power Devil one.

So the moral of the story is its not always price and features that work best.

Basic functionality and design are the winners.
The Power Devil certainly does not fit into this category!