Profile for Al > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
5M USB Endoscope Home Waterproof Inspection Snake Tube Video Camera Borescope
5M USB Endoscope Home Waterproof Inspection Snake Tube Video Camera Borescope
Offered by douself

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, not the greatest image quality, but good for the price, 6 Sep 2014
It won't provide Full HD capacity, and the provided documentation wasn't great - but at this price, it's just the ticket.

It does get very hot very quickly - if you have the light on at max - but as long as you remember to unplug it when you're not using it, that shouldn't be a major issue

The cost was just right for the single project I plan to use mine for (checking some wall spaces), but I'd probably look at spending a bit more on a better bit of kit if I was going to use it more.

Hama CD /DVD Album Box 96, Transparent Black
Hama CD /DVD Album Box 96, Transparent Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, not too shabby, 6 Sep 2014
These things are great. A nice minimalist design, and fairly sturdy. I've cleared a lot of space by getting rid of all my DVD cases, and consolidating my collection into a set of the Hama boxes.

Planet Waves PW-CT-12 NS Micro Headstock Tuner
Planet Waves PW-CT-12 NS Micro Headstock Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but perfectly formed..., 6 Sep 2014
A great little bit of kit, have had no problems with it so far.

A lot more unobtrusive than other clip on tuners - I've clipped it behind the headstock of my Fender Jazz, just above the nut, which means I can see it, but it's not so obvious to the audience. Seems to grip on fairly tight as well.

Another great little gadget from Planet Waves.

To Infinity (and maybe that's far enough)
To Infinity (and maybe that's far enough)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 13 Aug 2014
Another good read from Mr H. Not too taxing, and a quick read. The end seemed to be a bit more rushed compared to the pace of the rest of the book, but otherwise not too bad.

Definitely helps to have some sci-fi awareness, but its not overtly geeky.

Blue Is the Warmest Colour
Blue Is the Warmest Colour
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the warmest film, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Blue Is the Warmest Colour (DVD)
I'm not a huge fan of this style of film, so I can't grant it a high score.

It's well made, the two leads are very good in their roles, and the subject is handled with a great deal of care. A lot has been said of the explicit nature of the film - and whilst those scenes aren't overly exploitive, I honestly think the film would be better off without them (or at least toned down a bit). I also think some of the subtly of the narrative was probably last in the translated subtitles.

Overall though, whilst the film is well made, it was - for me - a bit of a slow film, and somewhat cold. However, that I guess is the style of the film, which I admit isn't the sort of thing I normally watch (The luddite that I am prefers more escapist and lively films).

I rented this because of the positive reviews - but in the end it wasn't something I really enjoyed. However, fans of this style of film will probably enjoy it very well.

The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. Who Went Out In The Cold (Book 5 in the series)
The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. Who Went Out In The Cold (Book 5 in the series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 1 April 2014
I really am enjoying The Man From UNDEAD series.

A great mixture of spy & fantasy genres, with bits of sci-fi & detective thrown in as well. Above all though, they are just great fun to read. You'll need to suspend your disbelief somewhat, but whilst there are some fairly high level concepts used (Time Travel, Teleportation, Demons), these aren't plot points, but rather just everyday tools the protagonist uses.

This novel, book 5, is a slight departure in concept from the first four, but still fits the style of the series. The change in concept is good though, as it brings a fresh approach to the story, whilst keeping the general themes alive. Again, I found myself laughing out loud at points, which I don't do often for books.

I can't wait for Book 6 !

Bialetti Venus 2 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
Bialetti Venus 2 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Pot, 1 April 2014
Works really well, and makes a great cup of coffee. The stainless steel design looks great, and the metal doesn't seem to tarnish as much as that on the traditional hexagonal models

However, despite the product description, it's not dishwasher safe. The manual / leaflet suggests washing by hand with water only.

Just something to bear in mind.

The Third Pig Detective Agency
The Third Pig Detective Agency

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good effort, 6 Sep 2013
A nice easy read, humorous, and well thought out. Perhaps a bit shorter than your average novel, but then again the plot probably couldn't have been stretched much further.

Echoes of jasper fforde's nursery crime series here, although still unique enough.

There were a few grammatical typos in the version i read, not sure if that's something specific to the kindle version, or if they're present in the original novel. Nothing major though - you still get the jist of things

Buffalo Linkstation Duo 2TB High Performance Multimedia Shared Raid Network Storage ( NAS )

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but takes some effort to setup, 3 July 2013
This took a fair bit of effort to setup - the supplied setup software couldn't find the device, and I had to set things up manually. It took several different approaches and experiments before I could work out how to set it up.

So, if you're not comfortable with network settings, and setting up devices manually, perhaps consider an alternative.

Once up and running, the device seems to be ok - nice and quiet, and no noticeable lag.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 April 2013
I bought it for the title, but very entertaining. Very well translated as well - sometimes translated novels loose some of the subtleties, but not this one

Page: 1 | 2