ARRAY(0xa54f74e0)

Outpost III: Rise of the Spetsnaz [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Larkin
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars As great as the first Outpost!, 19 Mar 2014
Whilst it's different in style and story from the first Outpost film, "...Rise of the Spetsnaz" is just as awesome when it comes to the gore factor - so intense too! Definitely superior to the sequel, and I'd go as far to say it's one of the better zombie movies I've seen in a very long time. Can't wait to see this again - last time I saw it was at FrightFest in London last year. Pre-ordered and ready for Round 2 ;)

Wrinkles [Blu-ray]
Wrinkles [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Martin Sheen
Price: 17.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking!, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrinkles [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I can't recommend this highly enough. Honestly one of the most moving animations I've seen in a very long while. Very touching at times and it had a long lasting effect on me. I need to see this again when it comes out. Highly recommended!

Banshee Chapter [DVD]
Banshee Chapter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ted Levine
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to watch this again!, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Banshee Chapter [DVD] (DVD)
I first watched Banshee Chapter at last year's Film4 FrightFest in London and was blown away by it! I had read very little about it beforehand so I went in with a friend as she was dying to watch it. I can honestly say that it freaked me the hell out. It plays around with fact and a supernatural fiction that had everyone in the cinema on the edge of their seats! The cast were excellent too - massive props to Ted Levine (from Silence of the Lambs) who rocks this awesome Hunter S Thompson-type vibe throughout. Anyway, after telling a lot of my friends about this I've just found out that it's coming to DVD this month. Desperate to watch this again - but not alone that's for sure! Best horror I've seen in ages. 5*

Wolf Children Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack
Wolf Children Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack
Dvd ~ Aoi Miyazaki
Offered by ZavviOutlet
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 16 Dec 2013
As a huge fan of 'The Girl Who leapt Through Time' (who isn't?!) and 'Summer Wars', I was so excited to see what Hosada would do next, and my god 'Wolf Children' is just stunning. The story of Hana and the wolf boy is so hauntingly human at it's core - a real intensity between the two which came across so well.

If you're yet to watch any of Hosada's films, I'd highly recommend 'Wolf Children' as your first encounter with a truly great director.

Spartacus: War of the Damned [Blu-ray]
Spartacus: War of the Damned [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Liam McIntyre
Price: 24.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously epic!, 9 April 2013
I've been religiously watching this on TV of late and now I cannot wait to own the Blu-ray! For some reason I've only just got into Spartacus (last series dammit!) so I purchased the previous series to get to grips with the back story.

Great story lead by riveting characters/performances - this really is the worth checking out even if you're a latecomer like I was. I'm a huge Games of Thrones fan too but they don't compare (in a good way). Each deliver epic TV at it's finest.

Cannot recommend this series highly enough!

Reign of Assassins [DVD]
Reign of Assassins [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michelle Yeoh
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars John Woo-Hoo!, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Reign of Assassins [DVD] (DVD)
It's good to have the Woo back, isn't it?! I have to admit that I am a huge fan of John Woo and have been ever since Hard Boiled and it's been fantastic seeing the man evolve over the years! Didn't think it would be but Reign of Assassins is definitely now up there in my Top 3 Woo films with Face/Off and MI:2!

The set pieces in this film are truly stunning to watch and it's always a treat having Michelle Yeoh back on screen I can tell you that. Huge fan of her work!

This is without a doubt one of my favourite new releases of 2013 so far. Highly recommended for fans of the genre!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2013 1:41 PM BST

American Mary [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
American Mary [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Katharine Isabelle
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, 21 Jan 2013
I went to see this film with some friends of mine who are proper horror buffs and I was initially a little reluctant as it didn't look like my cup of tea. But yeah as I said, I was really surprised how engrossing it actually was! My friends loved this obviously but I thought it was fantastic too. It plays out much more like a serious drama as opposed to a gore-fest which was refreshing. In fact, some of my female friends spoke about aspects of the film that I completely overlooked - the more feminist parts that looking back on make perfect sense now.

This is genuinely much more than a standard horror affair and I can't wait to see what the directors do next.

Highly recommended!!