Profile for laura palfreyman > Reviews

The Black Parade
The Black Parade
Offered by sellerfellauk

5.0 out of 5 stars More than O.K, 1 Nov 2006
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
Like most MCR fans I was itching to get at the new album,especially after hearing the single.When I heard about this limited edition boxset I jumped at the chance to buy it (even if it did seem expensive and I had to wait a day for it to arrive).I wasnt dissapointed. Although this boxset seems expensive its great value for money if you are a true fan of MCR.The box itself is a work of art with its velvet, embossed logo and cool interior. However the best part of this boxset has to be the booklet inside.It has some of Gerards artwork, a step by step account of the making of the album by Gerard himself and also an explantion of the meanings behind the songs. It was a fascinating read and really made listening to the album that much better. The box also contains some large picture cards of various promtional shots of the band in their uniforms. These cards are really nice and would look good framed. The album itself also doesnt dissapoint. After enjoying three cheers so much I was hoping that the black parade wouldnt let me down, but it didnt,I instantly fell in love with it and by the second day of listening was already singing along and loving every track.The highlights of the album are in my opinion-cancer,mama and teenagers. I cant reccomend this limited edition boxset enough so if your thinking of getting it go ahead,you wont be sorry.