Profile for MR S WILLS > Reviews

Content by MR S WILLS

MR S WILLS

JUSTOP K10A Quad Core Android 4.4 Kitkat TV Box Mini PC With WIFI Bluetooth RK3188 1.6Ghz x4 CPU 2GB Ram 8GB NAND Network Streamer
Offered by DigiDirect
Price: 59.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 25 Jan 2014
After the initial excitement at making my TV 'smart' wore off, the limitations of this device really show. The box basically thinks it's a tablet, expects touch input where none is possible and showed terrible lag on playback of movies. Some included 'features' have no instructions, such as screen mirroring. Multiple attempts to pair with my S3 failed and in the end I was left with no real use for the device at all. Returned for refund.

Ted Baker Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Siman
Ted Baker Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Siman
Price: 29.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 31 Dec 2013
These cases just aren't designed to last. Within days of buying this the pattern had started to wear away from the bottom, and then it started to peel away. Proporta kindly replaced the item for me but the same thing happened to the replacement.

The case itself feels really good quality, is a nice fit and protect my phone, the Ted Baker 'skin' lets it down.

Bodymax Push Up Stands
Bodymax Push Up Stands
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness
Price: 7.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bodymax Push Up Stands (Misc.)
Exactly as pictured, metal push-up stands. As another reviewer has mentioned, they slip on laminate flooring so that's worth considering, but they feel excellent quality items which I am sure will last.

Bodylastics 14 pcs Resistance Bands *MAX TENSION XT Set (142 lbs.) with 6 Snap Guard exercise tubes, Heavy Duty components, carrying case, and 3x4 ft wall chart
Offered by Bodylastics International
Price: 42.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra, 6 Mar 2013
I picked these up after a cheaper set I bought snapped on me within DAYS of purchasing them. As soon as these bands arrived I could see the difference, they even feel heavier. The clips are huge and chunky, no fear of them breaking whatsover. The added cord inside the bands prevents them snapping, and also helps warn you if you're over stretching them too.

Excellent product, highly recommended

Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
by Michael Moorcock
Price: 16.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book, but not Doctor Who, 6 Nov 2010
I don't normally write reviews, but having read the glowing reviews below I thought I should just mention that I foudnd the book a crushing disappointment.

I was pleased to see a new 'grown ups' Doctor Who book, it's been far too long since the last one. Unfortunately, that's not quite what this is. Fans of Michael Moorcock tell me this book is excellent, but as a fan of Doctor Who I found the characterisation of The Doctor and Amy to be poor. It almost seemed like their names had just been typed in afterwards to be honest.

The book reads a bit like P.G.Wodehouse in space, without the wit. The main cast appear to have got all their knowledge of old earth ways from reading 'Blandings' and 'Jeeves in the Offing'.

Not what I was looking for, but let's hope the BBC try again with these more mature offerings.

Pan's Labyrinth
Pan's Labyrinth
Price: 12.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 16 Mar 2007
This review is from: Pan's Labyrinth (Audio CD)
Anyone who's seen this movie must surely know that it's an instant classic, something which is carried over to this fantastic soundtrack. I'm not good with words, but this must surely be one of the most beautiful OST's I've ever owned, and will remain on my CD player for quite some time to come.

A Tale Of Two Sisters [DVD] [2004]
A Tale Of Two Sisters [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Kap-su Kim
Offered by FilmloverUK
Price: 7.78

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst film I've ever sat through... EVER!, 27 Feb 2006
If you're a fan of such films as The Ring or The Grudge then this film is not for you. To say it's confusing is an understatement. This is the only film I've ever bought that has a special feature where the director has to explain what the heck's going on! Avoid this film like the plague!
I want the life I wasted watching this back!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2008 2:04 PM BST

The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events: Book 12)
The Penultimate Peril (A Series of Unfortunate Events: Book 12)
by Lemony Snicket

5.0 out of 5 stars Veritable Feast of Delights, 25 Oct 2005
Lemony Snicket continues the Very Frightful Dilemma faced by the Beaudelaires. As someone old enough to know better, I regret that I did not pay attention to the authors warnings regarding the series, and now find myself in such a melancholy state that I am unable to descrbe the perils that await the unwary reader. Those readers fluent in Verbal Fridge Dialogue should make their way to the kitchens of the Hotel Denouement, where a full review of this book can be found in a jar of Branston Pickle.

Around The Sun (Int'l Jewelcase)
Around The Sun (Int'l Jewelcase)
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 4.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 17 Nov 2004
As a long time R.E.M. fan I can honestly say that this album is stunning. On the first listen I wasn't particularly impressed, but then I remembered my reactions to New Adventure's In Hi-Fi, Up and Reveal! This is an album that you have to actually LISTEN to, to appreciate it. Stipe's vocal style is in full effect here, with many songs having an eerie quality to them that will have the hairs on the back of your neck standing up!
Ignore the critics... This is R.E.M. gold