Profile for Absolute Novice > Reviews

Content by Absolute Novice

Absolute Novice

External USB 2.0 3.0 Slim DVD CD R/RW Drive Burner Writer for Netbook, Notebook, Desktop, Laptop, Webook Plug and Play for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7,8 Apple OSx. This Drive is a DVD Writer
Offered by Lizard Tech LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good job it wasn't a present for ANother bloke, 8 Aug 2014
Received within days of ordering, so no problem there. However, a small shock awaited me when I opened the box, what with me being a 'macho man' , the thing is bright pink!!!!! Anyway, caused a bit of a laugh with the family and as it works OK, plug and play on ASUS netbook 8.1, I am keeping. Good job it wasn't a present for ANother bloke!

EasyAcc® DoorBell Portable Plug-in Wireless Water-Resistant Door Chime and Push Button with LED Indicator -White
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP AND NOT SO CHEERFUL!, 11 Jun 2014
Arrived within 24 hours of order, so far so good. Well packaged and simple instructions, plugged it in and nothing but crackling. The only time I want crackling is on my roast pork. Sent it back to Amazon and got a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2014 9:33 AM BST

Deluxe Flea Detector (259) - Destroy fleas instantly - can be used on pets & humans
Offered by Good Ideas

3.0 out of 5 stars ONE CAT LOVES IT THE OTHER RUNS A MILE, 5 Jun 2014
This 'thing' pings away like a goodan. Use flea drops regularly on my 2 but they don't seem to work too well. If they do then this comb is telling fibs! My one complaint would be that if you press slightly too hard the teeth slide back into the housing which is rather frustrating.

Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Pocket Spring Mattress, Double
Silentnight Pocket Essentials 1000 Pocket Spring Mattress, Double

1.0 out of 5 stars HARD TO RATE SOMETHING I NEVER RECEIVED, 20 Feb 2014
Hi All,
When Amazon get it wrong, boy do they get it wrong.
I bought this mattress as a spur of the moment thing. It was delivered a day later than promised and I discovered that it was completely the wrong one; different make and 'king size'. Using the returns facilty I was told to take it to the post office!! KING SIZE mattress on my back perhaps. Eventually I got feedback from Customer Services (based in India perhaps), full of apologies, stating they would arrnge collection and odered the correct one by Express Delivery. Monday morning a van turns up with one man on board. He took one look, shook his head and said "wasn't told it was a mattress" and drove off. Now consider that this is a a King Size mattress, which is in my loving room, plus I have 2 guests staying, coming from Cnada to attend a funeral; bit crowded. Another email to Customer Service, very sorry and would arrange another collection (note, no telephone number to call). I check My Order and find the new mattress is coming on Wednesday, so much for Express Delivery. Get a call from the couriers asking if they can deliver on Thursday! Please bear in mind that I have now taken 3 days off work to cover this matter and now need another. At this point I escalated the matter to "an Escalator"? He chased the matter through promising to call me on the Friday to see is the King Size had been collected and the correct item delivered. Now don't go away, I haven't finished yet. I called the courier and arranged for the delivery on Friday, at which point they said "we have a note to collect a large item at the same time", hooray. The same people to collect at deliver, good thinking? Thursday afternoon another call from the courier confirming they would be with me on Friday.
Friday morning, 10.45 the courier arrives stating "we have come to collect a large item", but where is my new mattress? No idea
they said and off they went. The Escalator calls me as promised with much satisfaction in his voice saying "all OK now"? I cancelled the order there and then.
I then received a call on Tuesday, remember Express Delivery, from Amazon telling me they had a mattress for delivery. Started to cry! No offer from Amazon for all the inconvenience and time I took off work.
10th March: advised by Amazon that they couldn't deliver my mattress and would arrange a refund. If only!

AMPM24 Silver Bracelet Bangle Alloy Lady Women Quartz Watch Uk
AMPM24 Silver Bracelet Bangle Alloy Lady Women Quartz Watch Uk
Offered by AMPM24

1.0 out of 5 stars SHOULD HAVE READ ALL THE REVIEWS, 29 Jan 2014
Bought this as a very small tree present for the wife. She liked the look of it and was happy to wear it as an everyday adornment. However, after 2 weeks the battery died, luckily I had a spare to fit AND now we fibd that the clasp keeps coming open, as mentioned in one of the reviews.Suggest you leave well alone!

VonShef Magical Defrost Tray. Thaw Frozen Food in Minutes-No Electricity, No Chemicals, No Microwave
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST THING SINCE 'STUFF'!, 29 Jan 2014
These trays have been around for years. Always sceptical, but bought a 'second' for a fiver many moons ago and haven't looked back since. When I saw thes at this low price, I bought 3, a new one for myself and 1 each for the 'kids'. They now eat properly as when they get home from work, take stuff from freezer, onto tray and within an hour, ready to go (depends what it is). I have even defrosted a half leg of lamb in 2 hours with these.

Polder Programmable Digital Oven Thermometer, White
Polder Programmable Digital Oven Thermometer, White
Offered by ThermometersUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 8 Jan 2014
This little inexpensive gadget is so simple to use and is proving very accurate. I bought 3 of these, 1 for myself and 1 each for the siblings. I found out this Sunday when Son came for dinner that he hadn't read the instructions properly and was only using as a probe, taking the meat from the oven and checking the temperature then. However, he saw me using it on a chicken (free range I would add) and that it was in the bird whilst in the oven and with the built in alert told me exactly when to take the chick from the oven, perfectly cooked. The thermometer came carefully packed, within 24hrs of order and a discount voucher for other products in their range. First Class.

Soul Men [Blu-ray]
Soul Men [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Samuel L Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars Samuel L can really sing!, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Soul Men [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Saw this on TV just before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed both the story line and the actors performances. I would hazard a guess that this film is loosely based on Sam & Dave who never spoke to each other off stage? If you like a bit of comedy, lot of swearing (which fits within the characters) and some great Soul music, then this film, especially at the price, will give you a good evening entertainment.

New 7" Inch Black Leather Look Case + USB Keyboard (including Micro USB adapter) With Free Stylus & Stand Feature For Protection Of Your 7" Tablet PC ePad aPad Device
Offered by Time2 Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars How does it work?, 24 April 2012
Nice looking piece of kit, but it only comes with a male USB connection and, you guessed right, the tablet is also a male USB. I had to get an adapter, which none of my local shops had nor understood the requirement. Got one of Amazon but the original retailer couldn't supply.
There are no instructions for use and the tablet isn't recognising it (the tablet instructions are pretty awful; direct translation from Chinese)but it looks nice, so I will persevere and get advice where ever I can.