Profile for n7misc > Reviews

Content by n7misc
Top Reviewer Ranking: 216

n7misc (London)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oral-B Stages Power Kids Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Featuring Disney Mickey Mouse for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars No more complaints about brushing teeth., 29 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great design for young children (age 3+) with bright colours, ergonomically designed handle and a superb timer that tells you when to move to the upper / lower teeth and when you are finished brushing.

Bit of an investment (we were fortunate to receive one for free) , but our dentist recently confirmed the benefits of an electric toothbrush for children, so I think it is worth the outlay.

We already have an OralB electric toothbrush for our eldest (12) and even the basic model is good. This brand is reliable, the charging time and the battery life are both good (charge every 4 or 5 days) and the replacement heads are reasonably priced. They seem to be focused on capturing the market for children and therefore are producing good value, fun brushes. Whoever thought tooth brushing would be fun?!

Our youngest (7) is very pleased with this, loves the music and is now happy to brush her teeth. Lovely not to have to remind her any more! Just a note - ours is the Disney Mickey Mouse version but the picture is of Pluto the dog, not Mickey. Not a problem for us, but could be if you are specifically after Minnie or Mickey.

Personally think these are a great idea.

Philips HR1875/21 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 1000 Watt - Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a professional machine - a monster juicer! Fantastic!, 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one heck of a step up from my old Magimix juicer - which I thought was great, until I tried this! First thing to note - this is big. It's got a big footprint, so you need a significant space on your work surface (about as big as my food mixer) - it looks good though. It's definitely powerful - a thousand watt motor makes quick work of fruit and veg, and the very huge feeder tube means it is really quick to use as there is no need to chop things up into little pieces first - a blessing as it is the kids who really like to juice, so goodbye chopping with knives is a big relief for me!
Another big advantage for me is in the design - the spout is high up - so it fits the jug underneath whilst it is sat on the surface - whereas with my old juicer, someone had to hold the jug! Also - nice touch to include the jug - very classy Philips! It's also handy to have the extra speed with the second setting - better for veggies.
Cleaning - ok cleaning a juicer is a nuisance - unavoidable - but actually, this one cleans much easier. I really like the rinse through system - you're obviously still going to want to chuck it all in the dishwasher once you are done, but this system allows you to make different juices one after the other without having to scrub it out every time. The other thing I really noticed is that it does squeeze more of the juice out of the fruit and veg first time around. With my old machine I would often take the pulp out and run it through again to extract all of the juice - but with this one the pulp came out pretty dry and I didn't feel the need.
My final point is that I rather like that this machine let some of the pulp through. If that's not your thing - no problem - just sieve it - but for me, I worry about taking all the fibre out of the fruit when I give the kids juice - so I like that this makes quite a creamy, thick juice.
I've tried to come up with negatives and I am struggling a bit. It's pretty noisy, but I don't really care and it's not like hurts your ears noisy. I guess it is quite a big investment - but then it is also a great way to get vitamins into my kids and my husband - which is worth it's weight in gold! My tip for the top is market day at the end of the day - I get a couple of carrier bags full of fruit for a few pounds - cheap juice for a couple of days!

LEGO 41101 Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel
LEGO 41101 Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set - best yet from the Friends range - we LOVE it!, 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am lost for words in describing this amazingly fabulous Lego set. Perhaps the best clue is how very hard I found it to not keep it all for myself (I am in my 40s so it would have been absolutely unacceptable given three perfectly aged girls (7, 9, 12) who love Lego!) - believe me - I really struggled to hand this over! To start with this is a HUGE set! It really is the deluxe Friends set - I haven't seen a bigger one (even Olivia's house isn't this impressive!). Yes it is a big investment, but oh my, this is the most amazing Lego gift for a little girl (or three). The detail in the set is beautiful - lots of special bricks / pieces, lots of bling, and without doubt our favourite thing - the elevator - although to be honest there is so much that we absolutely love about this set it is hard to narrow it down to one thing.

In terms of the build - it is a big one. It's interesting to see how differently the girls approach it. My eldest opens everything at once and then builds her way through the book. The clever thing about the way it is packaged though, is that the younger girls can pick a bag at a time and focus on a small part of the build - which makes this very achievable for the youngest, but still allows for a real sense of achievement. The really nice thing I notice with Lego Friends, is that the girls will happily build together - with very minimal argument - it seems to encourage collaboration. I think this is partly because they are dying to get the build finished so that they can play with the building and figures etc. With a set this size there is so much to interact with - from the taxi that actually holds a suitcase to the shower and the little restaurant area - there is plenty to go around and lots of role play / small world play is possible. Also worth noting - 5 dolls and 2 pets in this set - which is great as everyone gets a doll to move around the hotel! I love that they are essentially using it as a dolls house now that the build is done - although note that you can redesign the hotel and change the overall shape as the rooms are modular - so the desire to continue creating is encouraged - which I LOVE.

I am such a massive convert to the Lego Friends range now. I think Lego has absolutely got this one right now - not too pinky girly girly (all of mine think pink stinks but love the gold and glass bling!) but instead lots of clever design, details, special pieces, and an understanding of what modern girls are interested in. I am very much hoping they continue to develop the less gendered focus they have had recently - and basically - keep doing what they are doing, because my girls are utterly over the moon with this range! We've loved many sets from Lego Friends (a particular shout out to the brilliant Dolphin Cruiser - best buy to date!) but this really is the Ferrari!

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier WE
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier WE

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction, easy enough to use, comfortable for your baby., 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Babybjorn carrier that we have had and overall I like it, but there are a few things I find problematic. Positives first. Price wise, I think the expense is justified by the quality of the materials and the construction, which are excellent. I very much like that it is machine washable and I also find the design is effective - with two slipped discs, I am able to use this without pain as the weight is supported by the hips rather than the lower back. I find it possible to 'load' a child by myself, although I rather miss being able to open both sides to do this. The cover is a nice extra to keep the kid dry. It's also very straightforward to adjust as your child grows. I think this is a great solution for babies when you don't want or can't use a buggy.
On the downside - I think it is a mistake to lose the outward facing position, which is good for older children. For me, carrying a 3 year old is not ideal - but this does provide a better solution than lugging them around on your hip. I think the cost represents quite an investment, but compared with buggies it is a bargain - and I can say from experience that these do last well.
Ultimately - I trust this manufacturer. I like their focus on the needs of the child. The carrier is tough but safety is paramount in the design - the child is close to you and very well supported, but not crammed in. To be completely frank - I prefer a buggy if at all possible (blame the dodgy spine!), but a carrier does give you more freedom and of all of the carriers - I like Babybjorns the most.

LEGO 41106 Friends Pop Star Tour Bus
LEGO 41106 Friends Pop Star Tour Bus

5.0 out of 5 stars Very special set, good value, we love it!, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Awesome set! My girls (7, 9, 12) are crazy in love with it. It's not cheap, I think it's a really big birthday present if you know what I mean, but it's a big set and I think it's really good value for money actually.
It combines lots of things the girls love - lego, pop star dreams, small world play and stickers! There are lots of special bricks / pieces and included in the bus is everything you could hope for - seats, bed, dj deck, TV, outdoor loungers and a bathroom (we love a lego loo... hoping it's not just us!). The best thing though is the clever design that means you can open up the bus to make a performance stage - with speaker stacks!
The kids were able to build this alone (youngest needed a little help but just because this is a big build that takes a good while) and played well together with it (helps to have a doll each!). We love the microphone, the gold discs and of course the loo. Fantastic! Lego have totally hit their stride with this range now.

LEGO 41104 Friends Pop Star Dressing Room
LEGO 41104 Friends Pop Star Dressing Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic set, very popular gift, very good value., 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. This set is great. Lego are getting it spot on with the Friends range now. This set has the best of all worlds. It is built with hinges so that it can be used as a closed building / room, or opened out and / or folded back on itself to make several little spaces. Lots of possibilities. The dolls have dressing up clothes (very simple, but very popular!), extra hair and the hair can be decorated with bows etc that connect through tiny holes in the hair pieces.
My girls (7, 9, 12) LOVE this set - the special 'bricks' in gold are very bling and they love all the stickers and magazine tiles etc. I think lots of kids like the idea of being a pop star these days, and this totally sparked their imagination. They have loved adding it to their Lego world. For me - great price, good value - this will get played with over and over again (as with the other Lego stuff, but this one is proving particularly popular). Another good set.

PS I know people say that the Friends range is pricey and not as 'creative' as some of the other ranges - I did worry about this when I first tried the Friends stuff - but I totally disagree now - they seem to me to generate hugely creative play, both in terms of building and adaptation, and also role play / small world play. For me, the price reflects all the extra special bricks, stickers, hair and so on and the value is beyond doubt. Just my perspective but I am a convert.

LEGO 41107 Friends Pop Star Limo
LEGO 41107 Friends Pop Star Limo

5.0 out of 5 stars Super set, good value, love the bling!, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lego are really getting it right with the Lego Friends range now. This pack went down an absolute storm with my girls (7, 9 and 12). The stretch limo is a superb vehicle (second only, I am told, to the Dolphin cruiser) - it took quite a lot of concentration to build - with no adult help - but they are experienced Lego builders, so you may need to offer a bit of help if this is your first set.

Lots of special 'bricks' in this set - we LOVE the gold bits of course, and the girls have really loved adding this to their Lego world - this set (and the other sets in the Pop Star range) have seen more small world role play than some of the other sets - really seemed to fire their imaginations. We're also loving the addition of dressing up 'outfits' - changing hair, hair adornments and now the addition of clothes (I know it doesn't seem like much but they love this!) has gone down very well.

A little bit cheaper than the Pop Star Dressing Room but the same size box, as much entertainment although no 'building' as such. This will be a very well received present for any Lego Friends fan - particularly if they are wannabe pop stars! Thank you Lego!

LEGO 41103 Friends Pop Star Recording Studio
LEGO 41103 Friends Pop Star Recording Studio

5.0 out of 5 stars Several happy hours of play., 17 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
One of the smaller sets, but at pocket money price and nice size for a birthday party gift for school friends etc.
Some nice unusual pieces in this set, like the mixing desk, sheet music and cd.
Our girls love the Lego Friends range and this is no exception - of course they're also fascinated with the idea of being a popstar so this is doubly popular.
We added this as an extension to Olivia's house and the girls are happy to have another Olivia doll. We have no problem fitting the Friends range in to our lego town, by the way.
No problem for 6+ to construct alone, but they are all very used to lego. They love the set and I must say that they play together happily with no arguments about ownership with lego - bliss.
Thank you lego!

Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Coffee Capsules Nespresso Compatible Colombian Huila (Pack of 6, Total 60 Capsules)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great taste!, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These capsules are a great alternative to the Nespresso branded products. They work perfectly in my Krups machine and they're a great flavour. These work out at 30p a capsule, which is a good price by comparison. I'm really pleased with them.

LEGO Friends 41093: Heartlake Hair Salon
LEGO Friends 41093: Heartlake Hair Salon

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mid size set with some clever details., 6 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice mid size set within the range and currently available at a reduced rate on Amazon which makes it good value in my opinion. It is lovely quality stuff and the detail is fantastic - we love the 'water / bubble' bricks and the girls love being able to swap the two dolls hair around and decorate them with bows etc! I personally love the big curved window - Lego has come a long way since I was a kid! Fantastic detail as ever - very popular addition to their Lego world.
Worth noting that the dolls are different from regular lego figures, so you have to adapt chairs if other lego people want a hair do.
My 11 year old enjoyed playing with this set and it fit in fine with the other buildings in her town... All from other ranges. Really pleased with the set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20