Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "http://eaazi.blogspot.com" (Boston, MA USA)

My One and Only Love
My One and Only Love
by Gilad Atzmon

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Political Satire, 12 Mar. 2005
This review is from: My One and Only Love (Hardcover)
"My One and Only Love" is to Israel as "Shrek" is to Hollywood.

If you do not know much about Israel, you can enjoy it as someone that does not know much about Hollywood can enjoy "Shrek." If you do understand the references, "My One and Only Love" is an acerbic satire comparable to Swift's "A Modest Proposal."

Atzmon highlights in particular the poisonous relationship between the entertainment industry and Zionism (and probably some of his own bad experiences as a working performer composer).

Because too much seriousness and heavy-handedness would harm the satire, Atzmon approaches his subject with humor and underscores the (black) comedic aspects of the situation.

Especially implicit in the book is the ultimate irony that Zionists manipulate Germans, who want to atone for the crimes of German Nazis, into giving license to an ethnic fundamentalist state very similar to 1930s Nazi Germany to commit the same sorts of atrocities against the Native Palestinians that the Third Reich committed against Jews from 1933 up until September 1941.

We know what started in September 1941. "My One and Only True Love" is a must read and a warning for all of us concerned about Palestine, the Middle East and the future of the world.