Profile for David T > Reviews

Live & Outlawed
Live & Outlawed
Price: 14.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Larry Live-Where He Is At His Best, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Live & Outlawed (Audio CD)
If you have ever enjoyed Joe Bonamassa or the late Gary Moore live, then this is going to be the album for you.

He is an unbelievably talented blues rock guitarist, and song after song confirms this with power chords,and solos that are at times simply breathtaking.He can play heavy rock inspired guitar one minute and soulful beautiful blues the next.

I loved it, and can't understand why he hasn't broken through in to the big time yet.

Like No Other
Like No Other

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Debut Album, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Like No Other (Audio CD)
I bought this after I saw Chantel live in Bristol a couple of weeks ago, and a very impressive first album it is too.

The stand out track Robin Trower's Daydream gets a light feminine touch, but the blues based guitar work would surely have the old maestro nodding his approval.

She has either written or co-written nine of the twelve songs herself and there are some very strong songs amongst them to showcase her obvious talent.

To have the ability to sing this well is very rare indeed,and to play the guitar this well is even rarer. But to have both and to write 75% of your own material? That is what makes this young woman an extraordinarily gifted musician.

Buy this CD and go and see her live. You will not be disappointed.

Tour De Force - Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] [2013] [NTSC]
Tour De Force - Hammersmith Apollo [DVD] [2013] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Joe Bonamassa
Price: 16.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 21 Nov 2013
Tea For One was the very first Bonamassa track I ever heard in 2009 and I have been hooked ever since.

As that song is on this particular DVD I was keen to listen to this first of the four Tour De Force concerts that came out last month.It certainly doesn't disappoint!

Cradle Rock,Driving Towards The Daylight,Sloe Gin and John Henry (which gets a new arrangement) are all also superb.

I love the line up of this band, and you can see that outstanding musicianship is the thing that binds them together.Acoustic,blues,rock they are all here,enough for any fan.

If the definition of genius is making the hard things look easy then the man is definitely a genius.

Osma Bloc - Alum Block 75g (Soothes Shaving Irritation)
Osma Bloc - Alum Block 75g (Soothes Shaving Irritation)
Offered by SHAVINGWORLD
Price: 5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the wet shaver, 8 May 2013
I went back to wet shaving just over five weeks ago so thought I should arm myself with a Styptic Pencil. However having read the mainly excellent reviews for this item I went with this instead.

Looking like an oversized ice cube, it is so quick to just give your face the once over with this natty little piece of kit, and for someone like me who has a sensitive skin which can easily start to burn after shaving, I am finding it a real boon.

Looks like it will last for a long time; I wouldn't be without it now.

Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss Black
Bosch TAS2002GB Tassimo T20 Hot Beverage Machine, Gloss Black
Price: 70.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Coffee Maker, 12 April 2013
I had this Bosch Coffee maker sitting in my shopping basket since the beginning of the year. Over Easter the price dropped to an amazing 39 so I decided to take the plunge, and I have to say I am delighted with this little machine.

First of all it is so easy to use and makes gorgeous coffee in just a few seconds. My wife and I tend to only have one coffee a day after our evening meal, so the cost of the discs is not really too much to worry about. The cappuccino is absolutely first rate, every bit as good as you would expect if you bought a cup in the high street, but for a fraction of the cost.

If you are considering buying a coffee machine I really don't think you can go wrong with one of these. Five stars from me.

Home Accounts
Home Accounts
Offered by EZPZ Software
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use basic software, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Home Accounts (CD-ROM)
I have been using this software for the past 10 months and have been very pleased with the results. Bank reconciliations are a doddle and it is perfect for tracking all your income and expenses.
I can't imagine anyone needing a more expensive accounting package to deal with the household bills.

The Shadow Line [DVD]
The Shadow Line [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chiwetel Ejiofor
Price: 10.08

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best TV Thrillers in Years, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Shadow Line [DVD] (DVD)
Just Finished watching the seventh and final part of Hugo Blick's complex thriller again.The ending is both overdone and rushed which is a shame as this was building up nicely and promised to be a one heck of a finish.

Having said that, episodes 2 to 6 were edge of your seat stuff, leaving you impatiently waiting for the next week.

This was an intelligently written thriller with an excellent cast featuring Christopher Eccleston,Rafe Spall,Eve Best and Anthony Sher.

However it is Stephen Rea's brilliant performance as the chilling Gatehouse that makes this one of the best thrillers you are likely to see on TV.

If you missed this first time around, then I would not hesitate in buying the DVD version.

The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
by Michael Lewis
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis's Best So Far, 5 May 2011
Whilst I enjoyed Liar's Poker and Moneyball,this is his best to date.

Concentrating on the small group of people who could see past the Emperors clothes that were the Credit Default Swaps issued by the big banks, this reads just like a novel.The awful "Liar Loans" that the banks made to some of the poorest people in the States just beggars belief as to 1-How they got away with underwiting such crap mortgages in the first place and 2-How they got away with it for so long.

The 2 main rating agencies Moody's and S & P who were responsible for rating all these mortgages once they were bundled together into "Bonds" do not come out well in this book and quite rightly so.

If you want to know why we are currently in the deepest recession since the 1930's, read this book and you will understand.The breathtaking greed of a few people allied with the stupidity of a few more will have you wondering why most of these chancers have not ended up in jail.

Dust Bowl
Dust Bowl
Price: 10.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Is Back-Dustbowl Outstanding Album!, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Dust Bowl (Audio CD)
I got Dustbowl yesterday and have played it through 5 times now.I think John Henry is a superb album but this is even better!

Slow Train was showcased on the October 2010 tour and this kick proceedings off in tremendous style.Joe's voice has really matured now,and his guitar playing is superb.

The Last Matador Of Bayonne reminds me of The Great Flood from John Henry. It starts quietly and slowly yet builds into a virtuoso guitar solo.

If it's heavy riffs and guitar solos to die for that you need, then look no further than this album. No Love On The Street, and the beautiful Prisoner would be amazing live and I only hope they will be included on this October's tour.

5 Stars- I would give it more if I could.

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps [DVD]
Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Douglas
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Not A Patch On Wall St, 22 Feb 2011
Oh dear, what a real let down.I don't want to do a long review on this, suffice to say the original Wall St was an excellent film, this is a poor sequel.

Page: 1 | 2