Profile for Starbuck > Reviews

Cloud Atlas [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Cloud Atlas [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely enthralled me., 2 Sep 2014
I purchased the Cloud Atlas on DVD after happening upon the trailer for the film by chance, (thank you youtube) . The trailer intrigued me. I was totally hooked on the film from opening scene to end credits. I watched it twice on 2 consecutive nights when everyone in my household was asleep so I could concentrate on the convoluted story lines.

Past experience taught me that the books films are based on are always better with more depth and detail than the films can possible narrate.

I bought the book on kindle, having been thoroughly enthralled by the film. Sadly this was the first occasion I can honestly say I prefer the film. I was hooked on the book but expected more and the story just ended abruptly. I was very disappointed. I actually thought my kindle had maybe downloaded it incompletely.

I thought the directors of the film did a brilliant job of interpreting the convoluted story lines for the big screen. I thought the novel idea of Actors playing multiple characters, as they were born again in different times and situations was ingenious.

I will be purchasing a copy for my Sister for Xmas.

FIVE stars.

I also enjoyed the musical score and have since purchased the mp3 album by Tom Twyker

Cloud Atlas (Kindle Enhanced Edition)
Cloud Atlas (Kindle Enhanced Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly the film is better than the book, 2 Sep 2014
I purchased the DVD of the same title after happening upon the trailer for the film by chance. I was totally hooked on the film. I watched it twice on 2 consecutive night.

Sadly this was the first occasion I can honestly say I prefer the film. I was hooked on the book but expected more and the story just ended abruptly. I was very disappointed. I actually thought my kindle had maybe downloaded it incorrectly.

I thought the directors of the film did a brilliant job of interpreting the convoluted story lines for film.

So I had to award only three stars.

MODERN AIRLINER COLLECTION 777 (PC)
MODERN AIRLINER COLLECTION 777 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer beware, 13 Feb 2014
I did not buy this product from amazon, (my mistake) but opted for the download version from Just Flight.

Unfortunately that proved to be a costly mistake as the product does not work on my system. I contacted Wilco themselves as I am still waiting for Just Flight Support to respond. Wilco were not very helpful and insisted that the MODERN AIRLINER COLLECTION 777 (PC) will work if direct x10 preview is disabled. It does not!.

Being new to FSX and flight sims in general I was not aware that this product is not direct x10 compatible and will only work with direct x9 hence my review here to save anyone else new to FSX from making the same mistake I did.

Blurred Bynes (feat. Detox & Vicky Vox)
Blurred Bynes (feat. Detox & Vicky Vox)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, 31 Oct 2013
The title says it all. I think DWV's version sounds so much better than the original version by Robin Thicke

Transport Tycoon
Transport Tycoon

5.0 out of 5 stars It did not work on Kindle HD (It now works fine)!!, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Transport Tycoon (App)
Was very excited to see this in the app store. Was one of my favourite games on PC many years ago. Bought it, looking forward to revisiting my transport building fun. Sadly it does not run, the loading screen appears then the app crashes. Not at all pleased to have wasted £4·99.
I reluctantly gave One star as you cannot submit a review without it!!

Ok an update to my kindle was received yesterday and the app now works fine. I have amended my review accordingly! I can heartily recommend it.

I now have lots of Transporty niceness to play with on my Kindle!!

Reagent Test Strips x 100{Multistix and Urine dip test strips}
Reagent Test Strips x 100{Multistix and Urine dip test strips}

2.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective, 3 Sep 2013
I bought this product which is listed on a another page as well as this one, for testing my ketone levels as the Urinalysis strips I usually use were out of stock. These strips do not work. The ketone test does not register. Have since purchased a supply of the ones I usually use and tested 10 samples with both types of strip. Still no results with these TroMed strips but excellent and fast results with Mission strips.
Very disappointed with ""URINE TEST STRIPS X100 MULTISTIX URINE STRIPS DIP REAGENT"" would not recommend.
I would recommend ""100 Professional Ketone MISSION ketone test strip Urinalysis Urine strip tests"" by Mission!

URINE TEST STRIPS X100 MULTISTIX URINE STRIPS DIP REAGENT
URINE TEST STRIPS X100 MULTISTIX URINE STRIPS DIP REAGENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective, 3 Sep 2013
I bought these for testing my ketone levels as the Urinalysis strips I usually use were out of stock. These strips do not work. The ketone test does not register. Have since purchased a supply of the ones I usually use and tested 10 samples with both types of strip. Still no results with these TroMed strips but excellent and fast results with Mission strips.

New Atkins For a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has quite literally change my life, 26 Aug 2013
My only regret is that I did not discover the original Dr Atkins work sooner. I am a three time veteran Weight Watcher who reached Gold but couldn't sustain it. Now I understand why.
I have already lost a stone in three weeks and continue to lose steadily thanks to the information contained in this book. I literally feel like a new man. Benefits I personally have reaped so far:-
Weight loss,
Appetite control (no more cravings)
Masses of energy all the time
No more migraines
All over body aches stopped
Itchy skin gone
Palpitations and mood swings gone
Three fold increase in Libido (at fifty I never dreamt that was possible)
I seriously recommend anyone who wants to improve their heath and well being to read this book.

Vitabiotics Wellman Advanced Vitamin & Mineral Supplement 30 Tablets
Vitabiotics Wellman Advanced Vitamin & Mineral Supplement 30 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 26 Aug 2013
I have used other supplements singly or in combination, but I find these Wellman Vitabiotics work best for me. Sometimes hard to get hold of in my Local Super Markets. So now I subscribe and save these though Amazon. For me personally I find consider these an excellent product as soon as I started taking them I noticed my vision became clearer and I felt generally better.

Dr Atkins New Carbohydrate Counter
Dr Atkins New Carbohydrate Counter
by Dr Atkins

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I thought, 26 Aug 2013
I didn't find the New Carbohydrate Counter as useful as I expected. It does not have a broad enough range of produce.

I found the Atkins Shopping Guide far more useful when out shopping for groceries.

For a wider range of foods with nutritional breakdowns for each, so I can plan my meals carefully, I bought "The Calorie Carb and Fat Bible 2013 edition. It contains a massive range of raw, cooked and ready prepared foods. About 450pages worth. As well 50 pages of very useful information about dieting and calorie charts, weight charts etc.

Page: 1 | 2