Profile for Mr. K. Whalen > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Whalen

Mr. K. Whalen "Keith Whalen" (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK)

Tedim SH-CN-00096-BLK Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Black/White
Tedim SH-CN-00096-BLK Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Black/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice neat cover, 24 Sept. 2013
Very pleased with this product, I've had it about four weeks and it still looks great contrary to some reviews. The back fits well and looks sleek. The felt lining on the inside of the front cover cleans the screen.

SCREEN/LCD SCRATCH PROTECTOR For Apple iPod Touch 2G/3G - 2nd & 3rd Generation (PACK OF 12)
Offered by standbyonglobal

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 22 Dec. 2009
As many people have stated these covers are excellent. Go on easy, no air bubbles, protect the screen and no loss in sensitivity when touching the `screen'. Would recommend 100%.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 15 Dec. 2009
I ordered this item before I read the reviews and the number of negative comments did cause me some concern. Prior to receiving the charger I did e-mail the seller to enquire if it would work for a new iPod Touch 3G and was told it would. When it arrived I tested it out and it worked fine. No problems with cutting out, no problems with the iPod after charging. All fine. I use my iPod every day so almost Charge it every day and so far its been fine for me.

Lance Armstrong: The World's Greatest Champion
Lance Armstrong: The World's Greatest Champion
by John Wilcockson

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 16 Nov. 2009
Whilst this book touches on points already covered in Lance's own books ("Its not about the bike" and "Every second counts") it is a far better read as its written by somebody who knew the author and is prepared to speak to the people who also knew Lance Armstrong to get a more rounded picture of the Tour De France legend. Reading the details of his tour wins and the manner in which they were achieved it truly breathtaking, let alone that they were completed by a man who had overcome incredible odds to beat cancer. This is truly an inspiring read and when you realise how much time was devoted to cycling, supporting his cancer charity and eventually being the CEO of the US Postal Team it is truly amazing. When Lance was doing all of this I personally was not a big cycling fan but wish I had been to savour these moments as they happened.

The most annoying thing for me was the way the European elite teams and the French and English press hounded him about doping when there was never a shred of evidence. Yes he may have been a brash, loud Texan, which put some noses out of joint but for seven years the best in the world had every opportunity to beat him and they just couldn't do it. Even when they WERE found guilty of doping.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2013 11:16 PM GMT

Echoes
Echoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this and listen to the amazing sound of a true musician, 6 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Echoes (Audio CD)
I was lucky enough to see and hear Ed Alleyne-Johnson playing on the streets of York today and was so moved I bought this CD off him there and then. There is nobody like him out there, an amazing sound and a truly uplifting feeling from a superb artist. His covers of Oasis, Coldplay, U2, The Verve, etc. provide a unique majestic sound that will truly inspire you.

Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy [DVD]
Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Will Ferrell
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Hilarious, 3 Sept. 2007
How many of us have sat thru the trailers at our local cinema and been subjected to a 3 minute burst of the latest American comedy, starring the current `comedy king' knowing all of the time that it will be a waste of time and we would never come and see it in a million years?

Well Anchorman IS NOT one of those films. It is 100% laugh out load, genius! Yes the story revolves around chauvinistic men who feel can not accept that a woman could come into their world and do there job as well as them, but she does and in the end everybody is happy. Will Ferrell is simply sublime as Ron Burgundy (even the name makes me laugh), his news team are brilliant. The jokes just never stop. Jazz flute, I ask you Jazz Flute!

Feeling down then watch this movie, laugh out load then watch it all over again.

ATMT N-Lite MP140 1GB MP3 Player with DRM10 - Black
ATMT N-Lite MP140 1GB MP3 Player with DRM10 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect first MP3 Player, 23 July 2007
After much humming and haring I decided to take the plunge and bought this player to dip my toe in the water. I only need it for the gym and after seven 1+ hour gym sessions the single AAA battery is still working fine. Whilst not as pleasing on the eye as an iPod it does the job. I had to replace the headphones with a better set I already had and that is the only reason I do not give this a 5 star rating. Having never heard music through a more expensive player I can not comment on the quality of the music but I have no complaints.

Monsters Inc. [2002] [DVD]
Monsters Inc. [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, 24 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Monsters Inc. [2002] [DVD] (DVD)
My 3 year old daughter loved this movie and to be honest so did I. As mentioned by other reviewers the plot is well thought out and totally original. The film was released before my daughter was even born but has a timeless quality and loveable monsters.

The Ragman's Son: An Autobiography
The Ragman's Son: An Autobiography
by Kirk Douglas

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 19 Feb. 2006
I read this book about ten years ago. And having recently watched Spartacus I told my wife how good this book was and decided to search Amazon to see if I could purchase a copy. When I did I couldn’t believe there were no reviews so here goes:
Quite simply this is an outstanding read. There is no “Big Hollywood Star” treatment here it is a true account of the struggle and rise of Kirk Douglass. Highlights for me were the accounts of the sheer scale of the planning and the star names which went into the making of Spartacus, the fall outs with actors. It’s all laid bare for the reader. One account of my favourite Douglass film, The Vikings, tells how the Norwegian crew were at first standoffish about American actors telling the story of their people. So Douglass took part in the past time of stepping across the ores on the long ships and was so good at it that he gained their respect and this is also in the film.
If you want to cast your mind back to the true golden age of Hollywood then this is the book for you.

Crap Towns II: The Nation Decides
Crap Towns II: The Nation Decides
by Dan Kieran

5.0 out of 5 stars Fame at last, 19 Nov. 2004
A friend rang me to ask if I new any stories about 'burning sofas', when I told him I did and asked him how he knew. It turned out that he was calling from a bookshop and had found my story describing how crap Sunderland was in the Crap Towns II Book. So I purchased the book and haven't stopped laughing since. Believe me knowing Sunderland the contributors have got it spot-on and if the tails about the other towns are true then it could be an invaluable guide.