Profile for DizzyChick > Reviews

Content by DizzyChick

DizzyChick

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Star Wars Mr Potato Head Darth Tater 3 Character Set (2+ Years)
Star Wars Mr Potato Head Darth Tater 3 Character Set (2+ Years)
Offered by Magar Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant gift for the right person., 13 Dec. 2014
I ordered this item as a gift for a starwars fan, but after it arrived I found out that he wouldn't want one. So I had no choice but to return it.

But having to return it, was a massive shame as I felt this set was really good value for money, simply because it contained over thirty different pieces to enable you to make up three seperate Starwars Characters. But the main selling point has to be the Mr Potato head container to store all the parts in. A brilliant present idea, for most starwars fans and young/old children alike.

Can a say a massive thank you, as the item was refunded back to my account, very quickly, so I would have no issues buying from this company again in the future.

The Class Ceiling (A romantic comedy)
The Class Ceiling (A romantic comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, 9 Jun. 2013
I really enjoyed this book and loved the characters, especially Amaia, clover and Harley.

This book is so good you can't put it down.

I Think I Love You (a humorous romantic mystery)
I Think I Love You (a humorous romantic mystery)

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Bond Book, 23 Nov. 2012
I Received this book as a Freebie and finally got around to reading it a few days ago.

The story of Justine, Regina and Mica is wonderful. Three highly talented sisters, with successful careers, completely jealous of each other and along with family secrets and lies (since witnessing their aunts murder as teenagers) don't get along. Add into the mix the effect that Dean has managed to achieve on all of the three sisters and you can understand why things go very sour, as soon as they all end up back at the family home.

I don't want to give the story away, as this is a wonderful book to read and I have found it so enjoyable that I have now downloaded other stephanie Bond books and have read two more since reading this one. One last point, is that as the story unfolded I was trying hard to work out who was behind all trouble the sisters found themselves in and to be honest it has right at the end, before I started to work out who the baddie really was.

Bling Jewelry Shamballa Inspired Stud Earrings Red Crystal Pave 925 Sterling Silver
Offered by Bling Jewelry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 23 Nov. 2012
I originally brought these earrings in red Crystals, as I was given a very expensive and Beautiful (B&W RED crystal) dragon bracelet for my birthday and I needed some small stud earrings, to go with the bracelet.

The earrings are fanastic value for the price, they arrived quickly and so far, I found them to be very comfortable when wearing. Despite the earrings being small studs, they still seem to shine and look good and are noticeable when in the ears. I know that I will get alot of use from these earrings, as I have been already been able to match them to additional items in my jewellery collection.

Our Husband (a humorous romantic mystery)
Our Husband (a humorous romantic mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and funny, 23 Nov. 2012
Despite reading a similar book, I really enjoyed the main charactors (Natalie, Beatrix and Rudy) in Our Husband.

The difference in age, social standing and careers made each of the three charactors interesting and you could see why Raymond would pick, such different types of people to be his wives, especially as it made it so much easier for him, to lie to each of them and stop them from finding out about the others.

I found the book to be funny and sad at times, as you could see why the wives would not want to like each other at first and be jealous of what the others seem to be offering their husband. Beatrix being the first wife and the oldest, being jealous of Natalie the middle wife and then Natalie being jealous in turn of Ruby the youngest. As the story allowed me to get to know all of the charactors individually, I ended up just liking them all and wanted for them to be happy at the end.

Lastly until a few days again, I hadn't read any of Stephanie Bonds Books, but over the last few days I have finished three of her books and I have to say that I have enjoyed all of them. I have only awarded the 4 stars,as I have found her books to be slightly slow in places, so for me they are not quite a 5 star book.

ForeFront Cases® New iPad Mini Leather Case Cover / Stand For New APPLE IPAD MINI / New Generation iPad mini with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function + STYLUS PEN AND SCREEN PROTECTOR (WHITE)
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanastic Value, 14 Nov. 2012
I ordered this case late on Sunday and it had arrived by the time I got home on the Wednesday.

For me this case was a bargain, despite being very cheap, it is very stylish (White microfiber leather)and hard wearing and the IPAD can be rotated so that you can view it to read the screen like a book or sideways to watch TV or films. Adjusting the position of the screen is so easy and it can be adjusted in each position to two different heights. The case comes with a Stylus Pen and a screen protector.

I haven't received my IPAD Mini yet, so I am having to trust that the holes for the camera and IPAD chargers are in the right place, but if this case looks good on the IPAD as I think it will, when I will order a second case in another colour as a spare. I am amazed at how expensive it looks despite the cheap price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get it to work, 8 Nov. 2012
While I really wanted this Kindle Fire to work well, as a replacement to my original kindle and a small sized tablet, I have to say that I've been left very un-impressed and will be returning it.

I have owned a kindle since November 2010 and have always recommended it to friends and colleagues who like to read. My original kindle is so easy to use, the battery life is really good and all the books are in the device as soon as you download them, so you can read them at any time. Lastly I have often, gone into supermarkets to do my shopping, seen a book and after reading the online reviews have purchased it there and then, by using the free wireless.

So to be honest I was expecting better things from the Kindle Fire HD, but despite the good look and feel of the device, the brilliant sound and the option to turn the device off, for me the good points, stop there. I found the device, hard to use for the first few days, and despite two calls to Amazon, I am still unable to set up my email and therefore unable to use the Docs or the calender or automatically use the contacts. I have had problems getting music onto the device, only managing to get two cd's uploaded, but did manage to get a number of photos on. The books sit in the cloud and you have to download them, as you wish to read them or leave them all on the device. Otherwise, you can't access them if you are away from a internet connection. I have found that there are limited Apps available (even popular ones were missing) and you can only watch a film if attached to the internet. I didn't bother to sign up to Lovefilm, as the film choice seemed limited and most of the films I tried to seach for come up blank.

So I am now confused as to what Market the Kindle Fire HD is trying to operate within. For me the original kindle is alot better than the fire and it doesn't work as well as the IPAD, so I wouldn't recommend it as a Tablet. If I had been able to get my email working, then I may have kept it, as generally it meets my needs (a colour kindle) but I don't intend to pay for a device which isn't working as it should, as I can already access amazon via my smartphone, IPad and PC. So I'm sorry, but for me the Kindle Fire isn't worth the cost and will be going back. Instead I intend to pay the extra and get a IPad mini, in time for christmas.

For the first time ever, I have edited a review. As I wanted to respond to some of the comments added to my original review, without getting into a cat fight -

a) I do not work for either Amazon or Apple and have never worked within that type of industry.

b) I ordered the Kindle Fire HD back in September for delivery on the 25th October, as I love my Kindle to bits (Best gift I have ever had) and because I wanted both a colour kindle and my own Tablet, without spending out a fortune on a second Apple IPAD. I could have stopped my KFHD order when the IPAD Mini was confirmed, but I didn't because I still believed at that time, the Kindle Fire HD would be a brilliant gadget and it would meet my needs, I had even spent £40 on a case and £8 on a Charger.

c) During the two weeks, I owned my Kindle Fire, I spent many hours trying to get my email and other functions to work and even Amazon's Customer Care (In Capetown) couldn't help. They actually told me that they were aware of problems with some customers email accounts and on the second call advised me that I could either have a new Kindle Fire HD sent out (in case my one was faulty) or return it for a refund. So dispite being disappointed, I returned it, so I could get my money back to use against the purchase of another Tablet.

d) I was left disappointed, as I had tried very hard to get this product to work and as I have already stated if I could have got the email working, I would have kept the Fire HD and lived with the other problems. But with so many parts of the device working off the email, it was useless, especially as I can do things with my current kindle and smartphone, that I can't with this device.

e) I have been a customer with Amazon for two years, during that time I have purchased a number of items and alot of kindle books. I have always tried to be honest in my reviews, simply because I hope that, when I read other peoples reviews to help me make a decision about a product, they are honest too. I don't judge other people, who may have a different opinion of a product to me, as each person will have a different requirement from a product or a different view of a book. We are all individual.

f) Colleagues I work with have asked me, what I thought about the Kindle Fire HD and I have told them to read all the reviews and if they are still not sure, then order it and use it for the month to see what they think for themselves. This is one of Amazon's good points along with a brilliant customer service.

e) I have now ordered the IPAD mini, simply because I don't want any more disappointments, in truth I want a tablet, which is small, light and easy to use.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2012 8:00 AM GMT

Hot Pink Luxury Multi Function Standby Case for the New Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet 16GB or 32GB with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature + Screen Protector + Capacitive Stylus Pen by MOFRED®
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanastic Value, 21 Oct. 2012
I ordered this case in Pink around the same time as I ordered my Kindle Fire HD and I cannot believe the value I had for my money.

The first case was dispatched quickly, but went missing in the post. But the company were quick in responsing to all of my emails and they were very friendly and professional thoughout. A second case was issued very promptly which I received within days, it arrived along with the stylus pen and screen protector. The case is of a good quality and the thickness will protect the Kindle Fire from damage.

The only issue, I have is that the colour is slightly darker on the outside than the picture, but I would have still ordered it.

I would have no issues in purchasing off this company again in the future, as their customer service was impressive.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars A million times better than the film, 5 Oct. 2012
Despite seeing the trailers for this film, when it was in the cinema in the spring, the story didn't really catch my attention until about a month ago in work. Two of my female collegues were discussing the film and books and told me it was a brilliant book and I should read it.

A couple of weeks later, one of my boyfriends work colleagues offered us the dvd to watch and boy I was hooked. Not only have I brought the DVD myself, but I purchased all of the three books and am about halfway though the second. This story is fanastic and the books alot better at explaining the Hungergames and how bad the life is in District 12 and Panem. My colleague told me that you need to read this book on holiday, because once you start on the first page, you won't be able to put it down until it is finished and boy, she so right, as I have had a few very late nights this week.

I don't want to put any spoilers in my review, so I am not going to highlight much about the story itself. But I found that I couldn't hate any of the charactors, including the career tribates and the book has additional charactors and events that the film didn't. So if you haven't watched the film or read the book yet, watch the film then read the books and watch the film again. That way you won't be disappointed when watching the film for the first time and will enjoy it alot more during the second time.

If you only want to do one or the other, when head straight for the books and you won't be disappointed.

The Summer House
The Summer House

4.0 out of 5 stars A good way to pass some time., 15 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Summer House (Kindle Edition)
I read the Summerhouse on a cold and wet day, while on holiday in Cornwall and to be honest, I finished the whole book within a day, as I didn't want to put it down.

I liked individual stories of the three main charactors being Helen, Laura and Anne and wanted to see what happened to them in the end. But despite enjoying this book, I have only given it a 4 Star rating, as for me the story doesn't quite have everything, I would expect to be able to give it a five star.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4