Profile for M. L. Mccarville > Reviews

M. L. Mccarville

Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump with 125ml/4oz Breast Milk Container
Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump with 125ml/4oz Breast Milk Container

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 17 Aug 2011
I really needed a pump as my wee one had a sever tongue tie which meant very very painful feeds and very hurt nipples, so I needed a breast pump fast to ensure my milk supply remained steady and he had breastmilk. I'd already tried a Tommee Tippee manual, which broke after one sterilisation and I think, my husband pulling at the bits, so we tried an electric TT pump which was next to useless. So in a last ditch attmpt to save my nipples and milk supply we paid 25 for this from Mothercare and decided after this it was formula as breast pumps were so far a waste of time and money.

Was I wrong! This pump is a great wee pump, comfortable and easy to use. Very easy to disassemble and clean and reassemble in seconds, no faffing about with wires, cables etc just click and pump. I can express 4 oz breast milk in 10 minutes per breast without any hald cramps or real effort involved, and I'm fairly large chested so had my doubts about fit and comfort.

I would recommend this pump in a heartbeat and have grown very attached to it in the past 4 weeks I've been expressing for my newborn son. I'd happily buy another Avent pump should I need it if anything happens to this one.