Profile for Ms. S. Jones > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Faces
Faces

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable after slow beginning, 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: Faces (Paperback)
After reading the many reviews on this book, i went into it with very low expectations. In fact i read a couple of chapters and just couldn't get into the feel of the book and found it difficult to read anymore, so i put it down for a few months. During these few months i happened to watch the tv 3part drama version of the take, and really enjoyed it and got a feel for her 'gangster world' type writing, instead of the darker side in the previous books i have read. Last week i picked up the book again and started to read it (mainly because i can't go on to read a new book unless i have finished the last)! Anyway the story starts to speed up after the frst few chapters, it did annoy me a ittle as others have said that there was rather alot of repetativness which wasn't needed and i feel that this could be very off putting to other readers, but i tried to overlook this so i could get into the story more. The story revolves around two main characters 'Danny Boy' and 'Michael Miles' and their rise in the gangster world as 'faces', But its also about their relationship with each other and how they grew up together, which affected the way their lives mapped out and the decisions they made, and how being so close to somebody can affect your decisions. Out of the two characters despite hearing so much about danny boy, you only get the emotional connection with Michael, and you hear of his difficulties in the situations, its actually very cleverly put together as it really hits your emotions where you least expect it to, i noticed somebody mentioned none of the characters are likable and i actually found i liked uite a few throughout the book, including Michael, Carole, Louie to name a few. I really enjoyed the last half of the book!

Toy Story Talking Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger, Pixar Toy Story Collection (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Simply 4 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec 2009
Ok My review was going to be a rather low and bad one, as i expected head movement on this toy, as said in some of the reviews but our buzz's head definately does not move. I have since contacted thinkways - the manufacturer of this toy and they have kindly and quickly responded to me and told me that the international versions (thise outdie of america) do not have head movement on them and there was only a certain number in america made with head movement - so thos who do have a moving head buzz - i'd keep it boxed up (I think only so many batches with moving head were sent out to the uk when it was first made)! Aside from the head movement which my son would have loved i dont see this to be a major problem. The best part is the flashing wings they look so good when popped out. Buzz says so much, if you retract his helmet he makes gasping noises etc, if you whisper he responds is anybody there or i know you are there or if your louder he says one of many other phrases too. Also just to note when buzz is in the box and wings a out the big red circle button doesn't do anything - i once again thought it was faulty but after reading the instructions the big red button is to pop the wings out. I really am very excited about giving this to my son as i know he'll love it!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2009 12:49 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Play Food, 11 Sep 2009
This toy is brilliant, My little Girl is yet to play with it but i know she'll love it on Christmas day! As well as the obvious fun of pretending to bake cookies the toy is also educational and on the back of the box you receive the set in there are numerous tasks in which you can do with your child using the cookies, mainly counting and colours but also hand/eye co-ordination by taking them away and letting your child guess which has dissapeared!!
An excellent and very pretty product, brilliant for role play and no doubt my little girl will be selling them in her pretend shop on christmas day!! I will definately be purchasing more from the Melissa and Doug range in the future!

The Ladykiller
The Ladykiller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 25 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Ladykiller (Paperback)
This was a brilliant read, i was glued to it as soon as i'd read the first few pages, the way Martina Cole describes her characters and their Characteristics is brilliant, you can imagine everything and really get a feel for the atmosphere It is a horrible story and some parts had me in tears but a real page turner and i couldnt put it down!

The Graft
The Graft

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a 5 star due to slow start, 25 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Graft (Paperback)
I think the best way to start this book is to go in with an open mind, i read so many of the negative reviews so when i started to read it i couldn't get into it at the start, which was a shame as i really enjoyed it by the end.
I do think the start is rather slow and quite repetative at times as you do hear a few things too often, but you have to be persistant and carry on as it really does turn into a fantastic read! I love books that bring me emotion and i could really feel i was there when reading this book, the last third of the book is the best in my opinion with fantastic twist, i dont want to give anything away though! I finished the book yesterday and it has still been in my thoughts today so definately a good read!!

Fisher-Price Spinning Around Musical Zoo
Fisher-Price Spinning Around Musical Zoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 28 July 2009
My son was bought this for christmas 2008 when he was 14 months old, it is brilliant, he still loves playing with it now he is almost 2! I got it for a bargain but i think its worth every penny of its rrp price! An excellent buy!

Across the Universe [Deluxe Version]
Across the Universe [Deluxe Version]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 July 2009
I love the film, and love the soundtrack, I am also buying my second copy after my little ones got hold of one disc and sratched it, i would definately recommend the deluxe version too!

Farley Farts (Sound Board Books)
Farley Farts (Sound Board Books)
by Bruno Hächler
Edition: Board book

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 27 July 2009
I bought this for my two children, after reading lots of reviews i expected a more exciting story than it was and also more variety in the sounds, my children do find the noises funny but the story not very entertaining as it doesnt hold their attention throughout.

High School Musical Body Mist 100ml
High School Musical Body Mist 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells delicious and great for young girls!, 27 July 2009
My 3 year old loves high school musical and she is also a the age where she likes to copy mummy including putting body spray/perfume on, i wanted something which she could easily use that wasnt expensive and this was perfect with the added bonus that it is high school musical! It really smells goo nough to eat, very sweet and i find myself often spraying over my clothes. Great price an great product, ideal stocking filler!

Worlds Apart - Fifi My 1st Ready Bed
Worlds Apart - Fifi My 1st Ready Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Jun 2009
Although my daughter doesnt use hers lots, when she does when we are away, she loves sleeping in it! And itis very comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2