Profile for Nik > Reviews

Content by Nik

Nik (Rutherglen, Scotland, UK)

The Crow: Wicked Prayer [DVD]
The Crow: Wicked Prayer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yuji Okumoto

4.0 out of 5 stars Best out of the sequels to the original Crow movie, 12 May 2013
This is the best story out of the lot in my opinion! I don't know why this film has been rated so 'crap' by people on here... personally, I tried to not compare this to the original because although it's the same idea, it's a completely different story! So try to not compare too much. But personally I thoroughly enjoyed David Boreanaz, Tara Reid and Edward Furlong's characters. They worked well together!

Once
Once

5.0 out of 5 stars There's not a second you WON'T enjoy!!, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Once (Audio CD)
Fantastic album, everything about it is just utterly perfect. I can easily listen to this over and over again! I think my favourite song is 'creek mary's blood'. Wow. What a beautiful song. Nightwish weren't just some goth rock/metal band. They were a masterpiece of everything that is amazing about music of this depth and imagination! I've owned this album for years now and I still can't stop listening to it :) definitely an album that will stay with you!

LIVING THINGS
LIVING THINGS
Offered by mrtopseller

2.0 out of 5 stars Different... & not in a good way!, 5 May 2013
This review is from: LIVING THINGS (Audio CD)
This album most likely won't be for you if you appreciated linkin park's earlier work as much as I do... When I first heard linkin park, they were so different and I loved their music. It was nice to hear something refreshing. But this album has probably ruined it for me entirely. The previous album is tolerable but this? I just can't even be bothered to keep the CD. I honestly see no point. If you want to get into this band, start with the albums hybrid theory, meteora and minutes to midnight. I can appreciate they wanted a change and they had the guts to go for it, so this is why I gave it 2 stars... but it can't make it to 3 for me because I just don't like this album at all. There's not even one full song on here that I can listen to properly and enjoy. Sorry linkin park :/

LOVE LIFE Raspberry Ketone & Garcinia Cambogia Advanced (Powerful Combination of Raspberry Fruit Extract, Green Coffee, Chlorogenic Acid, Green Tea, Garcinia Cambogia, Cayenne, Cacao and Zinc!) | 4 Daily | 15 Day Supply | 60 Capsules | Premium GMP Supplement
Offered by Love Life Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars I lost over half a stone!, 19 April 2013
I'm really pleased with these! I got a months supply and I've been using 2 per day - I still have loads of these left but my jeans aren't as tight and I've managed to lose about 10lbs!!! :) thank you love life, these are great!!

The Vampire Diaries - Season 4 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 4 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst season so far IMO..., 22 Mar. 2013
Although I haven't seen the entire series (just like everyone else who have reviewed this season), I feel inclined to have a rant after watching nearly 17 episodes... Firstly, there's too much death. Again. Favourite characters are killed off in this season and yet again it's left a bitter taste in every viewers mouth. Personally, I have to wonder if there will be anymore seasons after the 5th as the show has seemingly lost something vital (apart from good characters). Even Damon is seeming to lack a certain laughable charisma this season. This whole thing with the originals seems to have consumed the show. First someone's been daggered, then they're awake again. Then they're not. Then they're friends, then they're enemies... yadda yadda... it's all getting a bit much this season. Overall there are more bad storylines and plots than there are good ones. Thus why I've only rated this season a 2 star. The best seasons for me were the first and second. After that, too many people were being killed and the plots were becoming very repetitive.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 11:07 AM BST

The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [DVD] [2011]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 2 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev

5.0 out of 5 stars Best season thus far (out of 4 seasons!), 22 Mar. 2013
I found this season to be the season where I was most gagging for more ha! Each episode left me wondering what was going to happen next. Like the first season, it keeps going at a great pace and ended the season with very sad but amazing last few episodes. After seeing season 3 and 4 (so far) I can honestly say I wished I had stopped watching this show after mid season 3 as it lost it's edge... be warned though, some of your favourite characters will be killed off beyond this series!

The Cabin In The Woods [DVD]
The Cabin In The Woods [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth

4.0 out of 5 stars Different & inventive!, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Cabin In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly, I agree with everyone else who is also confused with 1 and 2 star ratings for this movie. I think with this movie you have to enjoy something eccentric, different and most definitely 'not of the norm' when it comes to horror films! You will probably not like this if you want a movie where you will guess every plot that happens throughout the film. This film is for someone who is bored with the usual horror films that swarm hollywood with stereotypical plots and storylines. This is a mixture of sci-fi, horror and a psychological thriller in my opinion... however I wouldn't read anymore than this as when I watched the film, I hadn't read anything about it at all and I'm glad for it! Keep an open mind! Not all horrors have to be predictable wastes of time! ;)

Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Milla Jovovich
Offered by Assai-uk

2.0 out of 5 stars The weakest of the resident evil movies, 16 Dec. 2012
Basically I watched all the other movies before I saw this one so I could remind myself of everything that happened... this film lacks the originality of the previous films and in many sections of the film does not make sense and doesn't run true to the previous films. I felt this film was more like a video game in the most part. Naturally there were some fairly good parts to the movie but I just wish they had stayed true to the previous movies rather than the video games! That's why I liked the other movies! It's worth a watch but I don't think I could watch it more than a handful of times as it's very disappointing in comparison to what I was expecting.